Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• Poor Skowronska :(
    Her absence is a big problem for Bergamo, if possible Lowe seems to be the best available choice for them.

Stufi has some physical problem, but I don't know which one.
    Diouf pointed out that they had a bad attitude yesterday but they are also paying for not having her (Stufi) and Vasilantonaky.

• Easy win for Pomi over Bolzano 3:0 (25:11, 25:14, 25:14)

Top scorer Samanta Fabris with 20 points with AMAZING 70% in attack (16 in attack and 4 as serve). 3 times in row to score 20 points in just 3 sets (25, 22, 20) :super:

• and when will Vasilantonaky be back? Everyone is asking this for a long time and nobody has any answer??

Poor Skowronska :(
    Her absence is a big problem for Bergamo, if possible Lowe seems to be the best available choice for them.

Stufi has some physical problem, but I don't know which one.
    Diouf pointed out that they had a bad attitude yesterday but they are also paying for not having her (Stufi) and Vasilantonaky.

• Hi guys!
    I'm not so good with english, and I don't speak nothing in italian too, but I really want go to Italy someday to watch some games from A1 (and traveling throught Europe), mainly Pomì Casalmaggiore games. I don't know if in this or next season, if anyone wants to become my friend and help me with this, I would be very grateful and it would be easier too. Thank you so much! I can pass my number contact for whatsapp or any other app for conversation!

Guilherme Sartor, 21 years old, from Brazil!

• Hi guys!
    I'm not so good with english, and I don't speak nothing in italian too, but I really want go to Italy someday to watch some games from A1 (and traveling throught Europe), mainly Pomì Casalmaggiore games. I don't know if in this or next season, if anyone wants to become my friend and help me with this, I would be very grateful and it would be easier too. Thank you so much! I can pass my number contact for whatsapp or any other app for conversation!

Guilherme Sartor, 21 years old, from Brazil!

Hi guilhermessartor,
    There is a facebook group named POMI' VBC Pallavolo Rosa Casalmaggiore having many local fans. You can seek for their help :) .

• Now with no Skowronska Lo Bianco gotta set somewhere else..(finally)..

Popovic is playing really well..

the camera is in a such weird position, at least I`m getting to watch a game from a different angle.

• After Skowronska's injury and the match with Novara, I didn't expect such a game by Bergamo vs Modena.

Leo was outstanding. Without a real OPP and with a quite good reception, she played a lot with Guiggi and Popovic. Bergamo played very well, they played as a team.

BTW, Cardullo serves better than Sylla :D

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Lo Bianco was amazing yesterday night. All the balls coming out of her hands were simply perfect. A pleasure to watch and a pleasure to play with I guess. She is still one of the best setters in the world, if not the best one.

• Lo Bianco was amazing yesterday night. All the balls coming out of her hands were simply perfect. A pleasure to watch and a pleasure to play with I guess. She is still one of the best setters in the world, if not the best one.

And now your are exaggerating! I am glad she had a good match, and yes she has been one of the best in the world for so many years but she's not even in the top right now.. It's the same as saying Neslihan is the best OPP in the world, she has been there yes, not anymore sadly.. It's how things work.. Technically the is a better setter, that's Ognjenovic (others too) and in terms of creativity there are many...

• Can't wait to watch Pomi vs Novara (Fabris vs Barun for me) :D

• And now your are exaggerating! I am glad she had a good match, and yes she has been one of the best in the world for so many years but she's not even in the top right now.. It's the same as saying Neslihan is the best OPP in the world, she has been there yes, not anymore sadly.. It's how things work.. Technically the is a better setter, that's Ognjenovic (others too) and in terms of creativity there are many...

You can't compare a setter to an OPP. Setters get better with age because they don't depend on physical factors that much but on experience, whereas opposites get worse when their body gets worn out. Technically Neslihan is just as good as she was 10 years ago, but she simply isn't as fast and as powerful as she was back then, so she's not great anymore. Leo's performance yesterday was world-class. However I agree, to be one of the best in the world she'll have to play on this level for more than one match ;)

• Lo Bianco was indeed fantastic last night, she played like in her best days, but there were a lot of times this season that she was quite mediocre and was even outplayed by Mori. If she keeps it up like this, it's going to be a huge boost for Bergamo. Still, they need a big hitter ASAP because a team whose block is not as hopeless as Modena's will not allow Lo Bianco to go to Popović and Guiggi over and over again.

It could have been a different story for Modena had Neriman been able to play from the start. Brakočević is so maddeningly inconsistent. She hits a purple patch and is virtually unstoppable, she won the 2nd set all by herself, but then she goes off the boil and can't kill a single ball. And in contrast to Lo Bianco, Ferretti was just a pale shadow of herself, her play was pitiful. On several occasions she literally set the ball to no one.