Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• Thanks, that is what I was trying to say: playoffs count :win:

• The rule should be (correct me if I'm wrong, I know better the rules of the male Superlega, but they have 3 spot in CL and 1 in CEV):

CL -->

– Winner of the Italian Championship (Conegliano/Piacenza)
    – Winner of the Regular Season (Congeliano)

If the same team wins both, the other finalist get the spot in CL (Piacenza).

CEV Cup:
    – Winner of the Italian Cup (Bergamo)
    - Best ranked in the RS* without the teams joining the CL (Casalmaggiore, but they are hoping for a wild card)

Challenge Cup
    - Best ranked in the RS without the teams joining the CL or CEV Cup (Novara)

*Here, I'm not sure is the spot in CEV is for the other finalist in case the winner of the Italian Championship and the Winner of the Regular Season aren't the same [I hope what I mean is clear, in case not, do feel free to ask]

So, they play off matters only for the finalists; the rest is decided on the base of the RS.

• I as reading the transfer news thread. Yes I understand players transferring but what is going on with Pomi and Conegliano? Both teams are losing key players:(

Easy question. They can't pay as much as the foreign clubs for their best players. That's all. It was very predictable the champions of Europe and Italy were going to lose almost the whole starting 6 + 1.

• I as reading the transfer news thread. Yes I understand players transferring but what is going on with Pomi and Conegliano? Both teams are losing key players:(

I wouldn't be so sure that Pomì will lose all their key players... ;)

• I wouldn't be so sure that Pomì will lose all their key players... ;)

Me too. Who knows, maybe Gibbemeyer will stay. If Lloyd real leaves, Skorupa will probably come back.

Only who is going to missing is Piccinini. Kozuch is not irreplaceable, but who knows. Maybe She will stay too. :)

• It would be so great to see Destinee Hooker again in Seria A :D

• It looks like Piacenza won't be there next season, the society, with the sponsors and the CL ticket will move to Modena, where LiuJo leaves after only 3 years. It is not the first time Piacenza decides to leave (they wanted to do it after the 2nd italian championship won), now it looks almost sure. Modena will give her spot to Bolzano probably.

• Vicenza won't be in A1 too. Edit: Vicenza said the new wasn't true, they are still evaluating.

And Piacenza will move to Modena, or better, will kinda replace Modena (the presidente will be Piacenza's president with Nordmeccanica sponsor, but I think also Liu Jo will support, I'm not sure though; the team will play in Modena).

• Toguttt : Why Bergamo not play in Cev Cup.

Bergamo win coppa italia 1 ticket in Cev cup but why yamamay play?

• Toguttt : Why Bergamo not play in Cev Cup.

Bergamo win coppa italia 1 ticket in Cev cup but why yamamay play?

Because Bergamo refused to participate to Cev Cup, as well as Novara... it seems the only team who accepted to play Cev Cup was Busto, together with Casalmaggiore if they don't get the wildcard for Champions League.

• Now there's no more doubt: Italian League is back as the best league in the world! :super:

• We can agree with this one :D

• Seems that Bolzano could be in Serie A1 2016/17 because there are rumours about a sort of "crowdfunding" joined by sponsors, partners, local administration and some privates to try saving the team for next season (their possibilities are not so high, but there's a little hope)

• What about Celeste Plak in Novara ??

According to volleyball.it mercato, it is still not confirmed....

?(

Wat is the conclusion of this article --> http://www.bergamopost.it/che-…ita-scacchi-per-la-foppa/ ??

• It says that it is a sort of chess move: both Plak and Fabris are still under contract with their teams, so if other teams wants them they'll have to pay. As soon as Novara finds a way to let Fabris go (she's dealing with Casalmaggiore), they'll make the offer for Plak, so Foppa can let her go and probably announce the retourne of Blagojevic.