Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• A player like Robinson is too expensive for Pomì Casalmaggiore, where the budget is not as high as in Conegliano, Scandicci, Modena and Novara. Pomì Casalmaggiore has always been very smart in transfering players when they were cheap promising talents (Stevanovic, Guerra), or experienced ones coming back from injuries/bad seasons/Azerbaijan (Bosetti, Tirozzi, Lloyd, Gibbemeyer, Skorupa, Ortolani, Kozuch) giving them the possibility to shine again. And some of them are still there despite having received much richer offers along the years. Also Fabris chose Pomì not because of money but because of the good environment there, which allows her to improve more and more and reach the majority (as someone wrote).

I think that Fabris is the most expensive player in Pomi, She was earning around 300.000€ last season in Novara... So I don't think that they have money for other expensive player. :whistle:
    She had amazing season last year so I don't think that her price went down (maybe for little) this season She is even better and next seasons She will be so expensive player...

• Probably the most disappointing performance this season is coming from Bauer, she is hitting negative every single game basically, after being trashed by Pomi, Against Conegliano they played with Popovic-Gamma and Papa as OH and Rossi OP, they had a bad 1st set, but after that they played well, but Bauer got 16 balls and only scored 3, and only 1 block :down: . She can`t attack, can`t block, can`t to anything. Don`t know what is going on with her... She`s not only not helping the team but she`s hurting them now..

• I don't understand what happened to her. She used to be one of the very best MBs in the world, and then she went to Turkey and her career crashed and burned. It's difficult to think of a similar example, except for poor Molly Kreklow, whose downfall was even more drastic and sudden.

• I don't understand what happened to her. She used to be one of the very best MBs in the world, and then she went to Turkey and her career crashed and burned. It's difficult to think of a similar example, except for poor Molly Kreklow, whose downfall was even more drastic and sudden.

But Molly 'rising' has also been quite fast.. Solid season in Dresdner, great season in NT 2015 and that's it.. Bauer has been on the top for some years

• It was her own choice though, being a champions league specialized player in Fenerbahce. I'm not surprised her level has dramatically dropped down. In my point of view, from 24 to 28 is the golden age for female players and she chose money over playing times. Too bad for her, she was really good back then however now she's just an average middle. Hope she finds back her good shape though.

• I spent a lot of times into volleyball halls, trust me guys, fans in Italy don't want anymore players coming from Turkey that spent entire seasons on bench. It's a common opinion here they come back weaker, out of shape and not used to game rhythm. Same for Sheilla that's rumored to be joining Bergamo.

• Clearly she cannot play like she used to. But was she not one of the top scoring middles in both Serie A1 and the CL when she was with Piacenza?

She is 29 now, maybe she is beginning to decline physically

• If you have motivation you can be TOP player even if you are 33 years old. Look at Katarina Barun She is still on of the best OPP right now in Seria A, look at Skowronska She was amazing too this season.

Look at Maja Poljak She is "old" to but She can still run and block like as younger. You just need to work a lot.

I remember one time Mia Jerkov got interviewed and She said that She is working harder every year because She knows that She is getting older and her body needs to work more, and her body needs more time to be in the best shape.

• Well everyone is different. It's the same in all sports, some people can still play at a high level into their mid-30s but for some people age begins to slow them down sooner, it's not always about putting in more work

• Please, not every player worked as hard and as much as Sheilla did. Can you imagine being the absolute main OPP for the NT during 12 straight years, with almost no rest during all this time?
    She was there in Montreux, Grand champions cup, Grand Prix, every single year, and did not play only in 2015. Not to mention that Sheilla has been playing for professional clubs since 2001, first in Brazil, then in Italy, then back in Brazil, then in Turkey. And in almost every club she played, the back ups rarely played more than a few points during double subs.

• I think that Fabris is the most expensive player in Pomi, She was earning around 300.000€ last season in Novara... So I don't think that they have money for other expensive player. :whistle:
    She had amazing season last year so I don't think that her price went down (maybe for little) this season She is even better and next seasons She will be so expensive player...

Thank you for taking the time to explains this. I always thought Pomi had the money; nice facilities, lots of fans show up for matches, just seemed that way. But I did notice older players playing for them at times who were just not good.

• Skowrońska underwent surgery, her husband says that she should be back in training in August, Kasia doesn't want to retire now :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yesterday Valentina Diouf went to Sanremo.

Still have to decide what's the worst thing:
    - her blue hair
    - her dress
    - her shoes
    - her bagher
    - Maria De Filippi

(PS. For the record: I don't watch that TV program)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Edited once, last by giaval92 ().

• Be real here, it's next to impossible to pick only one thing. She looks terrible :rolleyes: But if she's happy that way, let her be.

• She was there probably becuase she's black. Yesterday it was the first night of the Festival and the director invited Tiziano Ferro and Rocky Martin (both openly gay singers). I guess it could a symbolic choice calling Diouf. Egonu would make more sense at the Festival anyway. Diouf didn't go to Rio, so she wasn't there to represent Italy WNT. IMHO she will have nothing to do with NT in the future.

• Egonu would make more sense at the Festival anyway.

Nope. Carlo Conti MUST alway be the "darkest" human being everywhere he goes. :rolll:

IMHO she will have nothing to do with NT in the future.

She said it too right before Rio. (fortunately)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• She siad that with that staff she would have never be back. Lucchi left her in Busto in order to focus on the league and "recover" form the great delusion.. But now with the new staff and coach she could be called back, at least reconsidered..