Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• 19th round

Conegliamo - Montichiari 3-0 ( 25-18 25-17 26-24 )
    Ortolani 20 ( 53% att. ), Robinson 14, Fawcett 13 // Malagurski 18, Gioli 9 ( 60% att. ), Busa 7
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82403

Casalmaggiore - Modena 1-3 ( 25-15 18-25 29-31 22-25 )
    Stevanovic 16 ( 56% att. ), Gibbemeyer 11, L. Bosetti 11, Tirozzi 10 // Garzaro 15 ( 86% !! ), Bianchini 12, Belien 11
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82404

Novara - Monza 3-0 ( 25-22 25-19 25-19 )
    Plak 15, Barun 13, Chirichella 10 ( 57% att. ), Piccinini 10 ( 59% att. ) // Nicoletti 8, Candi 8, Eckerman 7, Aelbrecht 7
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82405

Bolzano - Scandicci 2-3 ( 14-25 17-25 25-23 25-21 9-15 )
    Bartsch 18 ( 52% att. ), Bauer 13, Popovic-Gamma 10, Zambelli 10 ( 63% att. ) // Havlickova 26, Meijners 19, Adenizia 16 ( 55% att. )
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82406

Club Italia - Bergamo 1-3 ( 20-25 27-25 25-27 21-25 )
    Egonu 36, Enweonwu 16, Perinelli 10 // Sylla 23 ( 54% att. ), Partenio 16, Guiggi 13
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82407

Firenze - Busto Arsizio 3-0 ( 25-23 25-16 25-14 )
    Sorokaite 19, Enright 15, Calloni 11 ( 60% att. ) // Martinez 14, Stufi 7
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82408

STANDINGS
    1. Conegliano 49
    2. Casalmaggiore 39 *
    3. Novara 39
    4. Bergamo 37
    5. Scandicci 31
    6. Busto Arisizio 28
    7. Modena 27
    8. Bolzano 25
    9. Firenze 23 *
    10. Monza 17
    11. Montichiari 14
    12. Club Italia 10

• Pomi vs Modena was such a strange match, with the big guns on both teams being out or not playing well. Pomi definitely missed Fabris and her firepower, but she was rather poor while she was still on court, so perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference. As for Modena, Ozsoy was way sub-par and luckily for them Bianchini did a great job replacing Brakočević, she probably came off as a surprise for Pomi's players.
    In the end it all came down to the battle between Lloyd and Ferretti, with the latter doing a much better job. She might not be spectacular, but she was very solid throughout the match and did what she had to do to help her team. Llyod on the other hand often fell out of rhythm with her hitters and totally lost the plot in the end of the both 3rd and 4th set.

• Pomi vs Modena was such a strange match, with the big guns on both teams being out or not playing well. Pomi definitely missed Fabris and her firepower, but she was rather poor while she was still on court, so perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference. As for Modena, Ozsoy was way sub-par and luckily for them Bianchini did a great job replacing Brakočević, she probably came off as a surprise for Pomi's players.
    In the end it all came down to the battle between Lloyd and Ferretti, with the latter doing a much better job. She might not be spectacular, but she was very solid throughout the match and did what she had to do to help her team. Llyod on the other hand often fell out of rhythm with her hitters and totally lost the plot in the end of the both 3rd and 4th set.

I dont know what is wrong with Özsoy. One match she is good, one match terrible. She has been very inconsistent in attacking in last 3 seasons, since she left GS for Italy for the first time. I don't remember her attacking with less than 40% in any match 3 seasons ago. :white: She is not that old yet either...

• Neriman's problem is that Ferretti tries to use her with way too fast sets. Neriman has a very slow attack approach and is doing a great job with high balls but has problems with fast sets, often she can only tip or hit totally out of rhythm.

• Neriman's problem is that Ferretti tries to use her with way too fast sets. Neriman has a very slow attack approach and is doing a great job with high balls but has problems with fast sets, often she can only tip or hit totally out of rhythm.

Makes sense. She had Kreklow as setter last season who has a similar setting style. I'm not sure who was Connegliano's setter when she was in Italy the first time though.

• Makes sense. She had Kreklow as setter last season who has a similar setting style. I'm not sure who was Connegliano's setter when she was in Italy the first time though.

Their setter was A. Glass if I remember right. I also agree with Matthias, Neriman could be a better fit to Russian league than Serie-A.

By the way, what is the deal with reception stats? I notice many players are getting abnormally high reception statistics (some liberos even get 100% positive reception). I dont think the level of service is that bad in Italian league. Is the criteria of positive or perfect reception different?

• According to WorldofVolleyball, Fabris might be out for 1 month. And they said Brokocevic got injured also? I did not watch the beginning of the game.

This is not good, all the OPP going down, Sounds like someone has big eyes on them, Barun,Malagurski,Diouf, better watch out.

Also Busa is improving. I checked the stats and she is in 5th place for perfect reception, but top 3 are liberos and Enright is 4th. She just needs to improve in attack. But that is ok, one step at a time. And the top 22 best blocker are all MB, except for Malagurski at 15th place.

• Fabris has a muscular problem and she is doing exams to asset the situation: yes, it's possible that the result will say she need to stay out for a month :(
    It seems it's a while she is struggling with it.

Also Bosetti had an injury during the game, but I didn't read anything about her so I hope she's fine or will be soon.

As far as I read, Bricio is getting better but won't partecipate at the Italian Cup this week end.

• If you mean 'most popular' as 'most practiced', it's volleyball, but mostly (70% I think) thanks to the women.
    If you mean as 'most followed', I'm not sure... Probably things like formula1/moto/bicycle... I think volleyball is still ahed basketball, especially with the NT.

• Ok Gotcha, thanks.

If you mean 'most popular' as 'most practiced', it's volleyball, but mostly (70% I think) thanks to the women.
    If you mean as 'most followed', I'm not sure... Probably things like formula1/moto/bicycle... I think volleyball is still head basketball, especially with the NT.

• Firenze - Casalmaggiore 3-2 (25-18 9-25 25-16 16-25 15-13) in the 18th round's rescheduled match.
    And next Monday Samanta Fabris will have to undergo surgery to remove a fragment of meniscus from her left knee. Prognosis: 1 month out.
    http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…amanta-fabris-da-operare/
    She might be ready for the playoffs, yet it's not the best of moments for Pomì. Looks like their 2nd place is at risk: here's the upper part of the standing...
    1. Conegliano 49
    2. Casalmaggiore 40
    3. Novara 39
    4. Bergamo 37
    ... and next round they''re gonna play Bergamo away.

• Lucchetta in Oltre la Rete (if I recall well) suggested that Guerra could have been used instead of Turlea, so I thought it was a tactical choice by Caprara, but I may be wrong.