Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• Modena with 20-17 advantage and Ferreti insisted with C. Bosetti, who can't kill a ball, having Brakocevic ready to receive. She just gave the set to Conegliano. In the other side, Ortolani just shining

• What a dull match :sleeping: The difference between the teams was much bigger than the score tells IMO. Ferretti is a decent setter until 20, after that she's all about high balls left and right :thumbdown: Skorupa gave her a setting lesson today, plus Ortolani was great and all other hitters were reliable as well.

• Deserved win for Conegliano !!

Modena...I agree with you, guys...Ferretti looks like old-Russian style in the key-stage of the set...so predicatable...Conegliano accepted the present.

• Moky MVP :love: :heart:
    Ortolani and Kasia could have been MVP too, imho.

Wonderful job by Conegliano. I watched only the last set but I agree with you Matthias, the difference between the teams (at least today) was higher than the score suggest.

• Moky? who or what is that?

Moky MVP :love: :heart:
    Ortolani and Kasia could have been MVP too, imho.

Wonderful job by Conegliano. I watched only the last set but I agree with you Matthias, the difference between the teams (at least today) was higher than the score suggest.

• I dissagre. At least Brakocevic is much better than Faucett. And I prefer Leonard over Gennari. And they have played 3 times before this game. And all 3 times they went to 5 set. If Conegliano was better in every position Conegliano would have won all 3 games in 3-0.

Conegliano has better players than Modena on every position

• Well I agree that Brakocevic is better than Fawcett but Leonardi better than De Gennaro? Not in my opinion. The best way to compare the teams is to look at the table and it is clear Conegliano is better

• Conegliano is better, but against each other it has been really close...

Well I agree that Brakocevic is better than Fawcett but Leonardi better than De Gennaro? Not in my opinion. The best way to compare the teams is to look at the table and it is clear Conegliano is better

• Leonardi in NT? 8|

Half of the italian liberos are way better than her. Weak passer and so so digger (she's always out of position, that's the reason why she dives all over the place).

De Gennaro's and Sirressi's level is just unreachable for her.

• Well I agree she is no De Gennaro but I do think she's a really good digger. She is on a similar level to Sirressi IMO

• I wouldn't say Leonardi is a GREAT digger, just an IMPRESSIVE one.. You know what I mean, everybody goes crazy when a player attacks hard, and the ball pounds the floor, bit that same player migjt be attacking with 30% efficiency.. Same with the liberos, Castillo is so often in position and ready, see was digging Gamova like she's practising defense

• One of the few times (or maybe it was the only one, I'm not sure about it) Leonardi was called in the NT, during the ECH 2011, she was out of the reception. The receivers were Costagrande (who played as rec OPP), Del Core and Piccinini.

I think we have a lot of better liberos than her. I mean, she is a good libero, but in Italy almost every libero is very very good. It will be hard to pick just 1 (or maybe 2) of them for the NT.
    I wish we had the same problem with the OH XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Edited once, last by giaval92 ().

• One of the few times (or maybe it was the only one, I'm not sure about it) Leonardi was called in the NT, during the ECH 2011, she was out of the reception. The receivers were Costagrande (who played as rec OPP), Del Core and Piccinini.

I think we have a lot of better liberos than her. I mean, she is a good libero, but in Italy almost every libero is very very good. It will be hard do pick just 1 (or maybe 2) of them for the NT.
    I wish we have the same problem with the OH XD

I remember: Barbolini called Carocci, but she couldn't play because she wasn't in the CEV list, so he had to call the only libero on it (Leonardi) and he realized she can't help so much at international level, so he took her out of the reception line (passing is her biggest weakness) and used her just in the block-defence phase with so so results.

It's not the first time this happens. Few years ago many fans (expecially the ones from Novara) wanted Sansonna in NT and Barbolini was criticized all along. Later when Sansonna finally played for the NT she was the weak link of the team. It always goes like that. You need outstanding passers at international level when it comes to liberos.

Anyway I agree with. Piccinini was the best player in the history of the italian women's volleyball for a reason. :obey:

• I remember: Barbolini called Carocci, but she couldn't play because she wasn't in the CEV list, so he had to call the only libero on it (Leonardi) and he realized she can't help so much at international level, so he took her out of the reception line (passing is her biggest weakness) and used her just in the block-defence phase with so so results.

It's not the first time this happens. Few years ago many fans (expecially the ones from Novara) wanted Sansonna in NT and Barbolini was criticized all along. Later when Sansonna finally played for the NT she was the weak link of the team. It always goes like that. You need outstanding passers at international level when it comes to liberos.

Anyway I agree with. Piccinini was the best player in the history of the italian women's volleyball for a reason. :obey:

I was the one saying Sansonna deserved to be in the NT and she did.. Judging by her performance in Piacenza then, she deserved the place.. I can't say the same about her nowadays