Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• Barun was just outstanding, she really lost her shape in recent matches and yesterday she was disastrous to watch but still for me she is MVP

• @Togutt I repeat with 4 LESS matches. 100% with +4 matches Fabris would best server and 2. Top best scorer. And for best spiker I can't tell..
    But I repeat this is MY choice :) You can agree with me or not. It is all on you.
    But this is only if they are going to choose two MVP. MVP is 100% Egonu.

• I would choose Barun as MVP.

The problem with picking Egonu is that Club Italia are the worst team in the league. They finished 12th, the same position they would have finished if Egonu had not been there at all. Now that's not Egonu's fault and she had a great season for sure, but personally I'd pick Barun.

• From the stats I think it's interesting to point out Floortje Meijners' numbers this year. She always used to be one of the best spikers, if not the very best one, while this year her % in attack for the first time dropped a lot, maybe due to the physical problems she had. But her % in reception is incredibly high compared to past seasons, despite the quantity of serves she had to receive was very high (more than 500 in total).

Marcon is still among the best receiving OH but not anymore the best one. Her stats show how difficult was this season for her, with Piccinini, Cruz, Robinson and Cella receiving better than her, and also a very low % in attack.

It's also worth to have a look at Francesca Piccinini's stats. At 38 y.o. this wonderful player is the best receiving OH of the regular season, 3rd overall with only liberos De Gennaro and Arcangeli doing better than her. And she is also among the best ones in attack, with a very good 38.5% which is higher than many powerful OPP.

Adenizia was the most dominant blocker of the season with no rivals, since the 2nd one had almost 40 blocks less than her. Hard to choose who was the best MB between her and De Kruijf (who has the best attacking %), let's say Adenizia-De Kruijf is definitely the best MB duo of regular season 2016/17, with Serbian rising star Mina Popovic immediately behind. While the other Serbian Jovana Stevanovic performed a bit under her usual standards.

If I had to choose the best starting Six of the Regular Season, I would say:
    SKORUPA - BARUN (MVP)
    ADENIZIA - DE KRUIJF
    PICCININI - BRICIO
    DE GENNARO

I am a big fan of Egonu, but her defensive skills are still too bad. Also, she has the worst reception of all A1 which can be a huge problem if she wants to continue her career as OH.

• OMG We will watch again Busto - Pomi in the same venue after just only after 7 days ...hahaha lol.

How will work Play Offs this season ? Team needs to win 3 matches or just 2(thank you God if it is only 2 matches) ??

• OMG We will watch again Busto - Pomi in the same venue after just only after 7 days ...hahaha lol.

How will work Play Offs this season ? Team needs to win 3 matches or just 2(thank you God if it is only 2 matches) ??

I don't know about the semi, but the quarter finals ar the best of 3 (so you have to win 2 matches)

Here the calendar: volleyball.it

The final will be the best of 3 if an Italian team will go to the WCCh, otherwise the best of 5.

• THE PROGRAM OF THE QUARTER-FINAL
    RACE-1
    Friday, April 7, at 20.30 (live on Rai Sport + HD)
    Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio - Pomi Casalmaggiore
    Friday, April 7, 20.30 (direct LVF TV)
    Savino Del Bene Scandicci - Igor Gorgonzola Novara
    Saturday 8 April, 20.30 (direct Rai Sport + HD)
    The Bison Florence - Imoco Volley Conegliano
    Saturday, April 8, at 20.30 (live TV LVF)
    Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena - Foppapedretti Bergamo
    RACE-2
    Monday, April 17, 18:00 (live on Rai Sport + HD)
    Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Savino Del Bene Scandicci
    Monday, April 17, 18:00 (direct LVF TV)
    Imoco Volley Conegliano - The Bison Florence
    Tuesday, April 18, 20.30 (direct Rai Sport + HD)
    Foppapedretti Bergamo - Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena
    Wednesday, April 19, at 20.30 (live TV LVF)
    Pomi Casalmaggiore - Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio
    EV. RACE-3
    Tuesday, April 18, 20.30 (direct LVF TV)
    Imoco Volley Conegliano - The Bison Florence
    Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Savino Del Bene Scandicci
    Wednesday, April 19, 20.30 (direct LVF TV)
    Foppapedretti Bergamo - Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena
    Thursday, April 20 , 20.45 (direct Rai Sport + HD)
    Pomi Casalmaggiore - Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio
    FORMULA
    They qualified for the playoffs Scudetto the top 10 ranked teams at the end of the regular season. The teams from 1st to 6th position took place directly in the quarter-finals, while the formations from 7 ^ to 10 ^ have faced a preliminary round.

QUARTER OF FINAL : participating in the first 6 teams ranked at the end of the regular season and the two winning teams the knockout stages. The 8 qualified teams, matched according to the board defined by the table at the end of the regular season (1 ^ vs 8 ^ / 9 ^; 4 ^ vs 5 ^; 2 ^ vs 7 ^ / 10 ^; 3 ^ vs 6 ^) disputed the quarter-finals with the formula of the two races won out of 3. the first leg in the worst classified house (5 ^, 6 ^, 7 ^ / 10 ^ 8 ^ / ^ 9) and the return and the eventual playoff home of the best classified. In all series of the quarters, Race-2 and the eventual Race-3 are held on two consecutive days on the field the best classified.
    SEMI : the four winning teams the quarter-finals, matched according to the backboard illustrated, dispute the semi-finals with the formula of 2 to 3. races won Race-1 in the worst house classified in the Regular Season, Race-2 and the eventual Race -3 on two consecutive days in the home of the best classified.
    Race 1 : Tuesday 25 and Wednesday, April 26, 20:30
    both races live on Rai Sport + HD
    Race 2 : Friday, April 28, at 20:30
    a live race on Rai Sport + HD at 20.45
    Possible match-3 : Saturday, April 29, at 20:30
    a race live on Rai Sport + HD 20.30
    FINAL : the two teams winning the semifinals dispute the final with the formula of two races won out of 3. Race-1 of the worst in the house classified in the regular season, while the second and the eventual playoff in home of the best classified. In the event that no Italian team will get the right to participate in the Club World Cup, the final will be played with the formula of the 3 races won out of 5: Race-1 and the eventual race-4 would be played at the home of the worst classified Regular Season, while Race-2, 3-Race and the eventual Race-5 would be played on the field of the best classified.
    Option 1
    Race 1 : Monday, May 1, 18:00
    Race 2 : Wednesday, May 3, 20.30
    Possible Race-3 : Friday, May 5, 20:45
    Option 2 * (no part in the World Italian team to Club)
    Race 1 : Monday, May 1, 18:00
    Race 2 : Wednesday, May 3, 20.30
    Race-3 : Saturday, May 6, 20:45
    Possible Race-4 : Thursday 11 May, 20.45
    Possible Race-5 : Sunday, May 14, at 17.30
    all the final races, both in the case of option 1 in the case of option 2, will be broadcast on Rai Sport + HD
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile.it/?p=71605

• Carli Lloyd is still not ready for today match. Klara is starter.
    And Fabri is on the bench...

• What the f**k is Caprar doing. Fabris in, Klaric out and they are playing like that ...hahaha
    and MBs are setting to Samanta... Now She is out, but if she can play than why is Turlea playing and not her ?

• Weird decision by Caprara: Peric out and Fabris in, with the two MBs setting high balls to Fabris. And the weirdest thing is that Casalmaggior managed to bounce back and lead the set :lol:

• For now Karla is playing really good, thank you God Croatian NT will have great setter and not Ana Grbac :lol:
    and now She is not playing so good... finally She again started to play good.

L. Bosetti is like second libero. It is so good to watch defence of Pomi, they are like Japan NT.

• Again same situation with Klaric out and Fabris in, MBs setting high balls to Fabris... and like in first set Busto was leading and after this change they are going down with their performance... :whistling: :whistling: