You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 5:28pm

From 2017/18 season, A1 will allow only 3 foreign players on court and again max. 2 from the same country. In A2 only 1 foreign player will be allowed on court.
Can you provide a source to this? Does it include players from EU? :white:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 5:32pm

From 2017/18 season, A1 will allow only 3 foreign players on court and again max. 2 from the same country. In A2 only 1 foreign player will be allowed on court.
Can you provide a source to this? Does it include players from EU? :white:
Source

I don't think it makes a difference between EU and non-EU players, why would it?

LLOYD

Intermediate

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 5:47pm

I think it is unsuccessful idea for Italian league because clubs will lose their power

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 11:57pm

I think they should allow only 2 not even 3 foreign player on court...Italy has a great school of volleyball, and they need to give the job to its own players first instead of foreign.

All the other countries with no or low level leagues needs to work on improving their own league....

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:11pm

About this rule, which I found quite stupid, as the league is becoming more spectacular every year also thanks to the foreign players, Imoco and Novara protested. Conegliano said that they won't partecipate to the european competitions if the rule will pass, Novara's president said that the league is more competitive also thanks to the foreign stars.

I think they're right, there are many players that are developing in Italy and the level is getting higher and higher, thanks to Club Italia the young italian players are developing too.. the rule is stupid to me!

vendra94

Trainee

• "vendra94" is male

Wednesday, June 22nd 2016, 11:50am

About this rule, which I found quite stupid, as the league is becoming more spectacular every year also thanks to the foreign players, Imoco and Novara protested. Conegliano said that they won't partecipate to the european competitions if the rule will pass, Novara's president said that the league is more competitive also thanks to the foreign stars.

I think they're right, there are many players that are developing in Italy and the level is getting higher and higher, thanks to Club Italia the young italian players are developing too.. the rule is stupid to me!
I agree with you, and I also find that this rule won't permit to young players and young talents to rise up, I found more useful to have 3 Italians on the ground during the match, but one of them has to be under 21 (this is my opinion, I'm not trying to impose my view about it)

• "Angel" is male

Favourite Team: Spain NT, Germany NT, Japan NT

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Jaqueline Carvalho, Yukiko Ebata, Amaranta Fernández, Helena Havelkova, Berenika Okuniewska, Madelaynne Montaño, Bethania de la Cruz, Nataliya Obmochaeva, Jéssica Rivero

Wednesday, June 29th 2016, 2:23pm

Forli and Vicenza won't play Serie A

http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=122223&l=0

Toguttt

Master

• "Toguttt" is male
  • "Toguttt" started this thread

Favourite Team: ITALY NT

Favourite Players: Togut, Piccinini, Tay Agüero, Lioubov Sokolova, Takeshita, Kim Yeon Koung, Maja Poljak, Fofao, Paola Egonu,

Friday, August 5th 2016, 1:38pm

Chiara Di Iulio is pregnant.
Now Scandicci has to find a new good defensive OH who can play together with Meijners.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, October 6th 2016, 11:20pm

On Saturday there will be the Allstar match of A1 with the following players distributed into two teams:

PALLEGGIATRICI:
Laura DIJKEMA (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Ofelia MALINOV (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Alessia ORRO (Club Italia), Noemi SIGNORILE (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio).

CENTRALI:
Freya AELBRECHT (Saugella Team Monza), Yvon BELIEN (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena), Cristina CHIRICHELLA (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Raphaela FOLIE (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Simona GIOLI (Metalleghe Montichiari), Laura HEYRMAN (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena)

SCHIACCIATRICI/OPPOSTE:
Michelle BARTSCH (Sudtirol Bolzano), Samantha BRICIO (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Aurea CRUZ (Savino Del Bene Scandicci), Valentina DIOUF (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio), Paola EGONU (Club Italia), Stephanie ENRIGHT (Il Bisonte Firenze), Sara LODA (Savino Del Bene Scandicci), Sanja MALAGURSKI (Metalleghe Montichiari), Celeste PLAK (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Katarzyna SKOWRONSKA (Foppapedretti Bergamo), Indre SOROKAITE (Il Bisonte Firenze), Miriam SYLLA (Foppapedretti Bergamo)

LIBERI:
Chiara ARCANGELI (Saugella Team Monza), Eleonora BRUNO (Sudtirol Bolzano), Giulia LEONARDI (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena), Agata WITKOWSKA (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio)

Laola will show the match live at 20.30 CET :white: :super:

I wonder if this means that Laola will also show matches from Italian league...so far there is nothing in their schedule yet though except the Allstar match.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, October 8th 2016, 9:24pm

Allstar match is really entertaining so far, considering that the teams are not "real" teams they are playing on a surprisingly good level. I just wish they'd simply play a "real" match instead of all the semi-entertaining stuff they do instead :roll:

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 1:12am

Allstar match is really entertaining so far, considering that the teams are not "real" teams they are playing on a surprisingly good level. I just wish they'd simply play a "real" match instead of all the semi-entertaining stuff they do instead :roll:
Haha. Like the singer between sets? The lady in black was loving that. But I think the event was fun for the fans and great way to promote the season.
I too was surprised with the good level of play. It will be fun to watch when the season gets underway. New players.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 10:38pm

Laola will show Conegliano vs Scandicci on Saturday :super:

Looks like they'll really show the matches produced by Raisport this season :)

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 11:54pm

It will also be shown on Sportklub channel in former Yugoslavia :white: 8o :dance6:

Nostromo

Intermediate

• "Nostromo" is male

Favourite Players: Simona Gioli, Anja Spasojevic, Natalya Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Yasmina Hernández, Susana Cebic, Natasha Osmokrovic, Eva Yaneva, Jordan Larson, Yumilka Ruiz, Sanja Malagurski, Saori Sakoda, Tatiana Kosheleva

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 9:00pm

What is the foreigner players rule in A1 this year? It's weird for me see Sara Loda instead Aury Cruz in OH position.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 9:25pm

I believe it is 3 on court at any time so for Scandicci it is Adenizia, Meijners and Havlickova.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 9:40pm

I think 4 of 7 players might be foreigners. In Pomi it is Lloyd, Gibbemeyer, Stefanović and Fabris.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 9:43pm

Yes it should be 4. Imoco had Skorupa, Tomsia, Bricio and De Kruijf together on court for a while. Reduction to 3 is planned for next season as far as I remember.

Nostromo

Intermediate

• "Nostromo" is male

Favourite Players: Simona Gioli, Anja Spasojevic, Natalya Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Yasmina Hernández, Susana Cebic, Natasha Osmokrovic, Eva Yaneva, Jordan Larson, Yumilka Ruiz, Sanja Malagurski, Saori Sakoda, Tatiana Kosheleva

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 10:11pm

Thank you all of you guys for answering :thumbup:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 10:21pm

Sorry, I thought the reduction was meant to happen for this season. Clearly I was wrong.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 11:16pm

Imoco's weakest player today was Skorupa IMO :S
She was very slow on her feet, shaky precision, bad choices at times...unfortunately Malinov was even worse when she came in. Imoco has such an impressive roster but today setter position turned out to be a big problem. Also I think Bricio should have played more, Costagrande at best was solid today and I believe Bricio could have contributed more.

Social bookmarks