Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• From 2017/18 season, A1 will allow only 3 foreign players on court and again max. 2 from the same country. In A2 only 1 foreign player will be allowed on court.

Can you provide a source to this? Does it include players from EU? :white:

• I think they should allow only 2 not even 3 foreign player on court...Italy has a great school of volleyball, and they need to give the job to its own players first instead of foreign.

All the other countries with no or low level leagues needs to work on improving their own league....

• About this rule, which I found quite stupid, as the league is becoming more spectacular every year also thanks to the foreign players, Imoco and Novara protested. Conegliano said that they won't partecipate to the european competitions if the rule will pass, Novara's president said that the league is more competitive also thanks to the foreign stars.

I think they're right, there are many players that are developing in Italy and the level is getting higher and higher, thanks to Club Italia the young italian players are developing too.. the rule is stupid to me!

• About this rule, which I found quite stupid, as the league is becoming more spectacular every year also thanks to the foreign players, Imoco and Novara protested. Conegliano said that they won't partecipate to the european competitions if the rule will pass, Novara's president said that the league is more competitive also thanks to the foreign stars.

I think they're right, there are many players that are developing in Italy and the level is getting higher and higher, thanks to Club Italia the young italian players are developing too.. the rule is stupid to me!

I agree with you, and I also find that this rule won't permit to young players and young talents to rise up, I found more useful to have 3 Italians on the ground during the match, but one of them has to be under 21 (this is my opinion, I'm not trying to impose my view about it)

• Chiara Di Iulio is pregnant.
    Now Scandicci has to find a new good defensive OH who can play together with Meijners.

• On Saturday there will be the Allstar match of A1 with the following players distributed into two teams:

PALLEGGIATRICI:
    Laura DIJKEMA (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Ofelia MALINOV (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Alessia ORRO (Club Italia), Noemi SIGNORILE (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio).

CENTRALI:
    Freya AELBRECHT (Saugella Team Monza), Yvon BELIEN (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena), Cristina CHIRICHELLA (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Raphaela FOLIE (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Simona GIOLI (Metalleghe Montichiari), Laura HEYRMAN (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena)

SCHIACCIATRICI/OPPOSTE:
    Michelle BARTSCH (Sudtirol Bolzano), Samantha BRICIO (Imoco Volley Conegliano), Aurea CRUZ (Savino Del Bene Scandicci), Valentina DIOUF (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio), Paola EGONU (Club Italia), Stephanie ENRIGHT (Il Bisonte Firenze), Sara LODA (Savino Del Bene Scandicci), Sanja MALAGURSKI (Metalleghe Montichiari), Celeste PLAK (Igor Gorgonzola Novara), Katarzyna SKOWRONSKA (Foppapedretti Bergamo), Indre SOROKAITE (Il Bisonte Firenze), Miriam SYLLA (Foppapedretti Bergamo)

LIBERI:
    Chiara ARCANGELI (Saugella Team Monza), Eleonora BRUNO (Sudtirol Bolzano), Giulia LEONARDI (Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena), Agata WITKOWSKA (Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio)

Laola will show the match live at 20.30 CET :white: :super:

I wonder if this means that Laola will also show matches from Italian league...so far there is nothing in their schedule yet though except the Allstar match.

• Allstar match is really entertaining so far, considering that the teams are not "real" teams they are playing on a surprisingly good level. I just wish they'd simply play a "real" match instead of all the semi-entertaining stuff they do instead :roll:

• Allstar match is really entertaining so far, considering that the teams are not "real" teams they are playing on a surprisingly good level. I just wish they'd simply play a "real" match instead of all the semi-entertaining stuff they do instead :roll:

Haha. Like the singer between sets? The lady in black was loving that. But I think the event was fun for the fans and great way to promote the season.
    I too was surprised with the good level of play. It will be fun to watch when the season gets underway. New players.

• What is the foreigner players rule in A1 this year? It's weird for me see Sara Loda instead Aury Cruz in OH position.

• I believe it is 3 on court at any time so for Scandicci it is Adenizia, Meijners and Havlickova.

• I think 4 of 7 players might be foreigners. In Pomi it is Lloyd, Gibbemeyer, Stefanović and Fabris.

• Thank you all of you guys for answering :thumbup:

• Sorry, I thought the reduction was meant to happen for this season. Clearly I was wrong.

• Imoco's weakest player today was Skorupa IMO :S
    She was very slow on her feet, shaky precision, bad choices at times...unfortunately Malinov was even worse when she came in. Imoco has such an impressive roster but today setter position turned out to be a big problem. Also I think Bricio should have played more, Costagrande at best was solid today and I believe Bricio could have contributed more.