Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• I wonder now if Conegliano regrets that they did not apply for WCCh, probably they did not expect that the season will end up so soon :rolleyes:

Nowadays, it is really hard to win the local championship and be competitive in CL. Last year Pomi got eliminated at QF after being champion in CL and this season Conegliano couldn't make it to finals after getting silver medal in CL. Same story with Vakıfbank this season. I wonder if Dinamo Moscow will win Russian league :whistle:

I am happy to see that Neriman's reception and defence are improving however she still has bad attacking ratio for an offensive OH. Ferretti should find a way to use her more efficiently with higher balls. Indeed, I hope Neriman would play in Russian league next season. She really fits there, I am sure she could be more useful than Vasileva in Kazan this year.

Barun is really nice to watch and Brakoçeviç is back again her top shape. I hope she will keep this up. It is not fair that Serbia has two such great Opps (even 4 if we include Bjelica and Malagurski) while most other big countries lack of dominant Opps :aww:

• Croatia has 2 great OPP too(Barun - Fabris), even Sanja Popovic is not bad. But that didn't help NT a lot ...

• You are right but Barun does not play with NT, that's why I did not count on her. :whistle:

• She played on last ECH and last EOQT in Ankara. But She is again on list for WCH QT in Croatia.

• Did I miss a second match between Pomi and Novara. I thought they played this past Tuesday and the second match is today?

Heryman came through for Modena. Gosh Neriman and Brakocevic were so bad in the first and second set. I'm not sure if it was the block, their hitting because they were so close to the net and couldnt get a good swing, or just played bad. But I agree the players off the bench really helped the team.

I know some say that Conegliano were missing key players but they had really good players out there except Skorpu. So they lose because they got lazy and Modena started to play better.

• Winner between Novara and Modena --> Champions League 2017/18

Conegliano (winner regular season) --> Champions League 2017/18

Loser between Novara and Modena --> Cev Cup 2017/18

Casalmaggiore --> Cev Cup 2017/18

Bergamo --> Challenge Cup 2017/18

• Since many years now no Italian club played Challenge cup, this seems to violate their dignity :lol: . But being more serious, it is not interesting for strong clubs of course because of many feeble opponents.

But since there is just one fixed CL group slot for Italy currently, Conegliano has to participate in CL qualification, of course they will make it through to group phase too.

• I don't think Neriman is improving her passing and defense.. She also passed pretty good when playing for Conegliano.. It was said it has to do with the ball which is easier to pass than the Mikasa.. Klineman, Hill and other players too passed much better in Italy

• That might explain crazy high reception statistics in Legavolley. I thought it was because of genorisity of statistician while evaluating perfect reception but maybe having a different ball makes the difference.

• That might explain crazy high reception statistics in Legavolley. I thought it was because of genorisity of statistician while evaluating perfect reception but maybe having a different ball makes the difference.

I have no idea what the reason is.. those are just stuff other users have written here.. But indeed many players have better receiving stats in Serie A

• Thanks Tougutt!

About the Challenge Cup, I think the major problem is the ratio "quality of the tournament/moneys you need to spend to partecipate". And don't forget it can be quite exhausting for the travel and the need to play every 3-4 days (that's true also for CL and CEV Cup, but again, these two tournaments offer a better 'prize' at the end).

• Now I expect Novara to win this Scudetto. After so many finals lost, this time they have a BIG chance also because they have Piccinini. Wherever she goes she wins something...amazing :obey:

• Thank you Conegliano for an amazing season: Winning the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa and 2nd in Champions League is certainly something to celebrate and you had to battle through player injuries. Sad to see the loss in the semi finals, but after 6 matches in 12 days you played your hearts out, you played for each other and for your fans. Enjoy your celebration. Well deserved!

• Thanks Tougutt!

About the Challenge Cup, I think the major problem is the ratio "quality of the tournament/moneys you need to spend to partecipate". And don't forget it can be quite exhausting for the travel and the need to play every 3-4 days (that's true also for CL and CEV Cup, but again, these two tournaments offer a better 'prize' at the end).

You are right, but I want to point out, that teams of Russia and Turkey participated every year at least the last five years with one team each (at least) in Challenge cup. So this consideration is understandable, but not enforcing opting out.

• Francesca Piccinini's current record of achievements:

CLUB

• 6 Champions Leagues (twice MVP)
    • 4 Italian Leagues
    • 1 Cev Cup
    • 1 Cup winners' Cup
    • 2 Coppa Italia
    • 4 Italian Supercups
    • 1 European Supercup

NT

• 1 Gold at World Championships (2002)
    • 1 Gold at World Cup
    • 1 Gold at Grand Champions Cup
    • 1 Gold at European Championships
    • 2 Silver at European Championships
    • 1 Bronze at European Championships
    • 2 Silver at Grand Prix
    • 3 Bronze at Grand Prix
    • 1 Silver at U20 World Championships (1997)
    • 1 Gold at U19 European Championsnips (1996)
    • 1 Silver at U19 European Championships (1994)

...And it's not over yet? :cheesy: Is there any female volleyball player in history who has won more than her?

• Not yet but Naz Aydemir will tie Piccinini's record soon. She has already played in CL final four for 9 years in a row with 3 gold medals and she is just 26 years old. :white: Also won Turkish League many times, which is as valuable as Italian League Championship. She also got bronze medal and MVP on U19 European Championship, silver at U18 World Championship. On senior NT level, Piccinini is still more accomplished however, I believe that with Guidetti as coach, Turkish NT will reach medals on World Championship and World Cups too. :whistle:

Also Zhu Ting and Tijana Boskoviç have great CVs despite of their young age while KYK is already a legend :heart:

• Kim? What She won? 1 CL Gold Medal.. Gold of CWCH? That's all in international level.

She can be as Jelic-Ruzic or Ravva but never close to Franceska.. She is probably the most decorated Player in history.

• What is that?

• You know all this talking about The Queen will make someone really jelous, do you? :lol:

By the way Francesca is the all time best italian volleyball. Italy may wait centuries before finding someone like her.

• You know all this talking about The Queen will make someone really jelous, do you? :lol:

By the way Francesca is the all time best italian volleyball. Italy may wait centuries before finding someone like her.

Who will be jealous Piccinini? Lo Bianco? Gioli?

I don't get it so i am really asking :)