Italy - Serie A1 2016/17

• Bianchini again!! :obey:
    I much I like this girl :heart:

Modena from 19-21 to 25-21 if I recall well!
    And now is leading 2-0 vs Novara.

I love the fact that finally the PalaPanini of Modena is full also for the women, alleluia! I guess the fact the men' season ended helped, but I'm very glad anyway.
    It's sad that a city that 'breathes' volleyball doesn't usually care much for the girls ;) And this year it was even worst because this team left Piacenza for Modena, and in Piacenza they had a lot of fans while in Modena they didn't.

EDIT: I started watching fro 19-21 so I didn't know it was 17-21 ;)

• You're kidding right? I'm sure the golden generations of Brazilian Players and Cuban players won more than Piccinini. :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• You're kidding right? I'm sure the golden generations of Brazilian Players and Cuban players won more than Piccinini. :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Well at NT level they surely did, even because Cuba before and Brazil later were better than Italy.
    But at Club level and overall probably only Lioubov Sokolova (who, besides several medals with her NT, won both Italian League and Turkish League + 2 Champions Leagues) can be compared to Piccinini.
    And back to 1980's and 1990's I'd say Irina Kirillova was the most winning player (She really won EVERYTHING: Olympics, World Championships, European Championships, Champions League, Italian League and Russian League).

• Well at NT level they surely did, even because Cuba before and Brazil later were better than Italy.
    But at Club level and overall probably only Lioubov Sokolova (who, besides several medals with her NT, won both Italian League and Turkish League + 2 Champions Leagues) can be compared to Piccinini.
    And back to 1980's and 1990's I'd say Irina Kirillova was the most winning player (She really won EVERYTHING: Olympics, World Championships, European Championships, Champions League, Italian League and Russian League).

Uh hello.

Overall?

That's sketchy.

Most brazilian players do not even need to go overseas because their league is already competitive enough which makes your point invalid.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rains
    I didn't say that Piccinini is the best volleyball player ever, I said her Palmarés is one of the greatest and most complete ever. Brazilian players who played only in Brazil during their careers didn't have the chance to prove themselves in Europe where almost all the international stars were and still are (before only in Italian League, now also and especially in the Turkish one).
    Only Sheilla, Fofao, Walewska and Fabiana won Champions League, which is the most important competition for clubs in the world, once or twice. But Piccinini won it 6 times and this makes her palmarès at club level shine more.

• Rains
    I didn't say that Piccinini is the best volleyball player ever, I said her Palmarés is one of the greatest and most complete ever. Brazilian players who played only in Brazil during their careers didn't have the chance to prove themselves in Europe where almost all the international stars were and still are (before only in Italian League, now also and especially in the Turkish one).
    Only Sheilla, Fofao, Walewska and Fabiana won Champions League, which is the most important competition for clubs in the world, once or twice. But Piccinini won it 6 times...

That's not what you said though.

Oh and I think Sheilla did not win the CL but did win the Serie A.

Anyway. That's not the point. We can only compare and contrast with europeans mainly because they are in the same continent and born in it. Familiarity is a big plus for someone like Piccinini who played almost half her career in Italy.

#FreeBritney

• Yeah true, Sheilla never won CL. My mistake. She won both Italian and Turkish League though, which are great achievements for a player because these two leagues have the highest concentration of international stars.

Also Del Core has a great curriculum at club level with 4 CL won always as starter (but never as MVP) + 2 World Cup, 2 ECH and 1 Grand Champions Cup with Italy NT. She doesn't have that Gold at WCH 2002 though, but still she is one of the most decorated players ever.

Anyway when evaluating the decoration of a player I personally consider medals won with clubs more important than those with NT. A lot of great players like Maja Poljak or Naz Aydemir don't have the luck to be part of a good NT, so they will hardly have a chance in their career to win a medal at the Olympics or World Championships (Maybe Turkey with Guidetti will have this chance in the next years?).

• Didn't Novara win the semifinals with Pietersen instead of Piccinini? Why is Picci back in the final series? They lost the 1st match and she is playing again in the 2nd match...