Russia - Superliga 2016/17

• Today Krasnoyarsk took the chance, winning in three sets in Chelyabinsk and rising to the top spot of superleague table, exploiting the surprise loss of Kazan against Krasnodar. Even Moscow can't overtake them Wednesday because of better set ratio. Not bad for a team, that went to superleague just last season...

• no, she retired

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• oh! not only from the Nt but from her club too...
    related to doping ?

No, her body could just not any longer deal with the physical demand of playing volleyball, doctors could not manage to get her back in really sound shape. Remember she is 35 and played for Russia NT already with 18.

• No, her body could just not any longer deal with the physical demand of playing volleyball, doctors could not manage to get her back in really sound shape. Remember she is 35 and played for Russia NT already with 18.

well,that must be the reason for retiring..on the other hand, you know the issues about her came out right before the OG

• well,that must be the reason for retiring..on the other hand, you know the issues about her came out right before the OG

There is indeed a connection: because of several drugs she got during medical treatment she would not have been eligible to play (CL and partly NT) because of remaining substances of them being on the doping list. This is a general issue of medical treatment, which can cause longer outages than purely physical required.

• There is indeed a connection: because of several drugs she got during medical treatment she would not have been eligible to play (CL and partly NT) because of remaining substances of them being on the doping list. This is a general issue of medical treatment, which can cause longer outages than purely physical required.

is the situation in sports clearer about those medical treatments now ? are similiar cases probable to happen in the near future due to probable medical treatments again ?

• No, her body could just not any longer deal with the physical demand of playing volleyball, doctors could not manage to get her back in really sound shape. Remember she is 35 and played for Russia NT already with 18.

That wasn't really the case. Couple of weeks ago Vladislav Fadeev, who is the director of Russian women's NT, revealed (I think I can use that word given the context), that Gamova wasn't injured at that time. She could go to Rio, she was healthy enough (unlike Sokolova). She had a meeting with Marichev and he told her that he sees Goncharova as the main Opp in the team and Gamova as a backup. And Katya wasn't much interested in that role. Fadeev said that he doesn't know all the details about the conversation between Marichev and Gamova, but that much he does know. Shortly after the meeting with the coach, Gamova announced her retirement.

• That wasn't really the case. Couple of weeks ago Vladislav Fadeev, who is the director of Russian women's NT, revealed (I think I can use that word given the context), that Gamova wasn't injured at that time. She could go to Rio, she was healthy enough (unlike Sokolova). She had a meeting with Marichev and he told her that he sees Goncharova as the main Opp in the team and Gamova as a backup. And Katya wasn't much interested in that role. Fadeev said that he doesn't know all the details about the conversation between Marichev and Gamova, but that much he does know. Shortly after the meeting with the coach, Gamova announced her retirement.

thx but why did she give up playing for her club as well ? she could still have been the leader of her team there

• thx but why did she give up playing for her club as well ? she could still have been the leader of her team there

I don't know. She did have an injury at the beginning of the season and was out of the game till the middle of November, or something like that. And most of the time after that she looked like a shadow of her former self compared to the previous seasons. Then there was that whole "drama" during the CL Final Four tournament when she disappeared before the games and later she barely played during Superlegue finals (sf and bronze medal matches). At the end ofApril Kazan's chairman said that Gamova will not sign a new contract with the team. So maybe she wanted to retire after the OG and when that didn't work out, she's decided to quit earlier. We can only speculate right now.

• I don't know. She did have an injury at the beginning of the season and was out of the game till the middle of November, or something like that. And most of the time after that she looked like a shadow of her former self compared to the previous seasons. Then there was that whole "drama" during the CL Final Four tournament when she disappeared before the games and later she barely played during Superlegue finals (sf and bronze medal matches). At the end ofApril Kazan's chairman said that Gamova will not sign a new contract with the team. So maybe she wanted to retire after the OG and when that didn't work out, she's decided to quit earlier. We can only speculate right now.

i see.thx
    maybe she comes back someday

• I don't remember when last time I saw such shocking sets' scores in National Cup Semi-Finals..

• Russian teams até really weak this season ( besides Moscow Who hás a great/top team and Kazan Who hás a decent team for european stands.)

With this setter, Who hás a better game, i think that Kazan should hire for next season some outside hitter as Kelsey Robinson, Fê Garay. Better Receiver and fastters attack ers than Vasileva)

• Moscow:
    Pankova - Goncharova
    De la Cruz - Shcherban
    Fetisova - Poljak
    Malova(L)

Kazan:
    Filishtinskaya :white: - Stolyarova
    Vasileva - Voronkova
    Maryukhnich - Zaryazhko
    Ulanova(L)