Russia - Superliga 2016/17

• Funny thing: Russian superleague, currently a little short on strong teams, offers Volero Zürich and Azerrail and Telekom (Rabita) Baku to participate next season. In men's superleague in the past teams of Belarussia and Ukraine participated, but Volero is far from being member of the GUS... Anyway, while the both clubs of Baku would certainly lose even against the three top teams of German Bundesliga meanwhile, Volero is a powerhouse capable of beating even the strongest Russian teams, we know. I guess the Russian head behind Volero, Stav Jacobi, is involved and already did all but to decline such an offer.

• while the both clubs of Baku would certainly lose even against the three top teams of German Bundesliga meanwhil

r u sure about that?? Last CL season Stuttgart lost for both Azzeri teams for 3-0. And won 2, (3-1 and 3-0). And Lokomotiv Baku finished 2nd in the group and made to the next round, while Stuttgart finished 3rd and did not.

Dresden only beat Telekom in the tie break. And Dresden only make to the 2nd round thanks to Telekom for beating Wroclaw in the last game.

And this season Telekom lost 3-0 to Conegliano but it was a 31/29 25/14 25/22 ...
    Lost to Chemik 3-0 25-16 25-21 25-20
    Lost to Modena 3-0 25-20 25-16 26-24
    Lost to Modena 3-1 25-20 23-25 25-23 25-22

I really don`t think any German team would put up on a fight like Telekom did, do you??

Azzerail beat MKS and Saint Raphael twice.

Azzerail score vs Fenerbache was 75-40

Dresden lost to VItra 75-49
    lost to Vakfibank 75-39 and 75-41.

As you can see, they are not stronger as they were before, but they are not that terrible. If they could find some more investment they could be strong like they were...( And for sure they Germans are not superior as you trying to say they are)

And I think this is a great idea.

The other day I read something like they do this in Basketball, I think Serbia and some others like Macedonia or so, play all together in a same league. I think they should do this in Volleyball, because a lot of these countries are just so small, they should just gather forces and make only 1 league around them...

• Geographically Azerbeijan is closer to Turkey so it makes sense that they would have play in Turkish league but with their current roster they would not contribute to our league indeed. :whistle:

• Yes, I think that at least Schwerin and Stuttgart could resist easily as much as Telekom did in this group. Dresden became weaker indeed, but was in the group of death in this years CL with two Istanbul top clubs and Jekaterinburg, which is too strong for German teams too. St. Raphael is a rather weak team, far below in the table in France, despite this league is weaker than German league, so an easy win against them means nothing (remember that Cannes faded away the last two years, formerly lifting the outcome for France teams heavily).

Remember, that for example Wanna Buakaew changed from Baku to Stuttgart, one of the outcomes of the lack of money in Baku currently for those teams, because the good years are over (lack of incoming money by oil/gas and other sellings) there. Homegrown players are too few and not strong enough there by the way.

• Surprise: at home Yenisey Krasnojarsk beats Dinamo Krasnodar in straight sets and overtakes them finally in the league round table, is now fourth, Krasnodar only fifth, so they will meet in quarter finals first in Eastern Sibiria...

• Surprise: at home Yenisey Krasnojarsk beats Dinamo Krasnodar in straight sets and overtakes them finally in the league round table, is now fourth, Krasnodar only fifth, so they will meet in quarter finals first in Eastern Sibiria...

Krasnodar went with the B-team to Kroasnojarsk (at least as far as I can make out on the tvstart.ru stream...).

• Play Offs start today :super:

Moscow - Sakhalin: not sure if Sakhalin will win more than a set... Both matches played in Moscow

Kazan - Saratov: Dinamo shouldn't have too much trouble, even though they had a bad month in the league...

Uralochka - Odintsovo: Uralochka won last match against Odintosova in Moscow 3:0, but all sets were close. Both teams had some problems with consistency (Uralochka had a lucky win against Leningradka last week, winning 3:2 after giving up a 2 set lead...). Should be close, but Odintsovo usually messes up when it matters...

Krasnodar - Yenisey: Krasnodar lost Krotkova/Khodunova and might be missing other players (Sinitsyna and Bibina missed last few games). They need a solid Nikolaeva in reception or they might be in trouble (substitutes are more or less juniors...). Should be close but Dinamo usually plays best in play off games...

Play Out

Leningradka - Chelyabinsk: With only two wins this season Chelyabinsk is clearly the underdog...

• Krasnodar went with the B-team to Kroasnojarsk (at least as far as I can make out on the tvstart.ru stream...).

I have seen now, that Russia already adapted newest international rules for ranking teams: because Krasnodar had anyway at least one win more than Krasnoyarsk, they didn't need a win in Eastern Sibiria to keep place 4 - the points are only counting as second criterion. This explains there choice of weak team sending on the (far) road.

• Uralochka HTMK 3-1 but Enisey with 3-1 in away match is one match closer to Semi-Finals.

• Krasnodar is out. I wonder whether they will have a team next season...

Are quarters not best-of-three win or lose series? But Italian cup like best of two matches?

Because Kazan won Russian cup and will obviously proceed to semis, fifth place comes for any winner of this duel with CEV challenge cup qualification (formally, nobody is forced to participate...).

• Are quarters not best-of-three win or lose series? But Italian cup like best of two matches?

Because Kazan won Russian cup and will obviously proceed to semis, fifth place comes for any winner of this duel with CEV challenge cup qualification (formally, nobody is forced to participate...).

Either way, Krasnoyarsk won also second (home) match and this quarter is over therefore - hard times for Krasnodar indeed.

• Dinamo Krasnodar won't play automatic. in Challenge Cup.

Will be special tournament for 5-8th places.

Tomorrow 1st Semi- Moscow - Krasnoyarsk.

• Dinamo Krasnodar won't play automatic. in Challenge Cup.

Will be special tournament for 5-8th places.

Tomorrow 1st Semi- Moscow - Krasnoyarsk.

I'm pretty sure, Jushno Sachalinsk won't win 5th place of the four teams, but indeed it isn't sure, if Dinamo Krasnodar, Zarechie Odinzovo or Proton Balakovo Saratov will be 5th finally. Moscow should clearly win its semi against Krasnoyarsk on the other hand.

• I'm pretty sure, Jushno Sachalinsk won't win 5th place of the four teams, but indeed it isn't sure, if Dinamo Krasnodar, Zarechie Odinzovo or Proton Balakovo Saratov will be 5th finally. Moscow should clearly win its semi against Krasnoyarsk on the other hand.

I don't care who wins the 5th place as long as it is not Krasnodar. Since Krasnodar has financial difficulties I expect them to be even weaker next year...

Uralochka - Kazan will be interesting, Moscow can save some energy for CL...