Russia - Superliga 2016/17

• Remark: while Dinamo MOSCOW got to the finals with it's second semi victory in best-of-three series against Yenisey KRASNOYARSK and qualified also as first team for CL group pase 2018, Dinamo KAZAN has to try at home at 8.4. against Uralochka NTMK EKATERINBURG the same feat.

• :cheesy: I hope they give moscow a good fight!
    Thanks a lot! :drink:

I hope so too. Both matches between Moscow and Kazan in the league were 3:2 for the guest team. Kazan won the cup final 3:1. But that was in December when Kazan was in better shape. With the addition of De la Cruz and Krotkova during the season Moscow is clearly the favorite.

• Now Kazan has qualified like Moscow for group phase of CL. And they have good reason to try to win CEV cup against Busto Arsizio, because they will not play there next season, it is like a one-time chance (for the moment at least). I also think, that Moscow is the favorite in the final series, but Kazan poses a threat to the defending champion nevertheless.

• Who won the game? I'm really confused right now. In scorespro, ural won but in the live video I glimpsed at it was kazan?

Sometimes on scorespro.com the order of teams is wrongly listed in such matches, but the result is like in the correct order (home team first), so you have to read it correctly, because Kazan played at home as better team of the league round.

• Why did Karpol make such a fuss? They blocked the ball down on their own side, it looked pretty clear to me :what:

Great tactical effort by Yenisey, their serving disturbed Uralochka's attacking scheme many times and their organisation of block-defense did a great job based on that.

• Interesting change of pace for Startseva. She has perfect control of the match tempo.

Another reason why Startseva>Kosianenko, I guess...

Kosianenko lacks the empathy with her spikers sometimes.

I have only nice things to say about Voronkova. Her serves are on point. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• And so not only Krasnoyarsk stunned Ekaterinburg at their home in four, but also Kazan Moscow in the capital in three sets. Both series are best-of-five, so this is not decisive, but interesting nevertheless. Remember, that Kazan and Moscow are both qualified for CL group phase already by reaching the finals, while the two Siberian clubs fight for the right to participate in CL qualification (alongside with bronce medal), loser goes straight to CEV cup.

• I've been saying from the beginning of the year that Dynamo Kazan are 1 of the top womens teams in the world. Already won the CEV Cup & I think they will defeat Moscow for the Russian Championship. Its a shame they didn't participate in the Champions League this year, but I can't wait to watch them next year. Startseva, Vasileva and Zaryazhko are all world class along with a few other nice complementary pieces. Would like to see them bring in a 2nd Middle Blocker to play instead of Maryukanovich next year, but other than that they are pretty set at every position to contend in Champions League next year

• I wonder if the Moscow players have nightmares tonight. Shcherban needs a better day, so that they can win a set tomorrow ...
    Kazan really seems to enjoy stopping Moscows attacks :lol:
    Finally a convincing match by Startseva.

Moscow needs to hope that Goncharova finds herself this week if not tomorrow.

Startseva, Vasileva and Zaryazhko are all world class along with a few other nice complementary pieces. Would like to see them bring in a 2nd Middle Blocker to play instead of Maryukanovich next year, but other than that they are pretty set at every position to contend in Champions League next year

Maryukhnich is after surgery and not particularly young but at her best she was by far stronger than Zaryazhko.