France - Ligue Nationale de volley 2016-2017

• Santana and Zayasu are just too good for LNV average level. Amazing players both of them. Daly shall go to a top league, she's ready, despite being a short player. :teach:

• sorry , you're wrong : no european cup at all for Cannes next season !thats a kind of earthquake !

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Yes, only a few years ago it was impossible for the best German teams to win even a set against RC Cannes, now I'm pretty sure, Cannes would be easy prey at least for the best German clubs (Schwerin, Stuttgart, Dresden). They won even champions league in 2002 and 2003, a feat, of which the mentioned German teams can't even dream of, to be honest.

• Congrats Mulhouse, It was a very good game actually, better than I imagined, I feel sorry I didnt follow more the french league this season.

Really enjoyed the way Papafotiou managed the game in Mulhouse side. And Daly Santana is a beast...she is such a strong attacker.

• The final was absolutely amazing, especially 4th set was incredible with amazing rallies and great digs :super:

There was one rally at a set point of Mulhouse where they had several great occasions to attack, one even completely without block for the OH, and Le Cannet did some real miracles in defense :white:
    Then some points later Le Cannet had match point, the attack of Mulhouse went out and the whole Le Cannet team was already on court celebrating the title they thought they had won, but the 2nd referee had (correctly) called a net touch, so Mulhouse got the point, later the set and then also the match. In the long run this is just heartbreaking for Le Cannet, thinking they're champion and 20 minutes later they stand there with empty hands ;(

But overall the victory was deserved for Mulhouse. Santana is a great player :obey:

• Congrats to Mulhouse :thumbup:. Also nice to see Magail win the title after all these years with the club. If i think about it, i only remember to have watched 1 other female head coach win a national league title this season: in Argentina. But there might be others... i forgot.

• Svetlana Ilic probably won Swiss league with Volero a few times, and I think Lang Ping might have won Italian league as coach many years ago with Modena but I'm not sure.

EDIT I checked it and Lang Ping won Italian league and even Champions league as head coach of Modena.

• Congrats to Mulhouse, what a monster player Santana is :white:
    I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a ton of offers from better leagues.

• In Mulhouse they must be very satisfied: in the semis they kicked out their longtime rivals RC Cannes, which hindered them in many years to win the championship, and now they took the championship finally in Paris against another club from the French Riviera :) . We had Mulhouse every one to two years for friendly matches in Stuttgart, I think they were even stronger in the past sometimes than now - but with Cannes level of the league has also dropped somewhat, I think.

• Mulhouse just won their first ever French league title.

Final - ASPTT Mulhouse 3x2 Le Cannet (25-18, 17-25, 23-25, 36-34, 15-9)

Do you have any links to stats?

• It is really sad to see one of the powerhouses of European volleyball is fading away. However, it made french league quiet interesting. There was many teams that have similar levels and nice surprises during play-offs. For this reason, the decision of Volero to reduce investments might be really bad for Swiss league at the end :whistle: