Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• NawaRo Straubing after all does not get the permission to play 1st league, they couldn't fulfill the economic requests ;(

Aachen and Münster need to improve their concept before they get the license. I'm sure Münster will make it, about Aachen I have no idea...

Apparently Thüringen and Köpenick got the license for next season, for sure they'll be under close surveillance but it seems they could fulfill the requests as for now.

• NawaRo Straubing after all does not get the permission to play 1st league, they couldn't fulfill the economic requests ;(

Aachen and Münster need to improve their concept before they get the license. I'm sure Münster will make it, about Aachen I have no idea...

Apparently Thüringen and Köpenick got the license for next season, for sure they'll be under close surveillance but it seems they could fulfill the requests as for now.

Okay, regarding Aachen: I have still no clue, how they will accomplish all of this especially regarding hall to play, but also financally - to be honest, I would be surprised, if they should survive.

• Bad news from Thüringen: the city Suhl decided not to support the club financially (120.000€). Without that money, Thüringen can't play 1st league. It's not official yet, but very likely that they withdraw now.

This would mean, that they will be shutout from first league forever, because without the hall reconstruction they are not allowed to take part anymore.

Afterwards Erfurt will represent Thuringia exclusively, but that is IMHO anyway the better and more future capable location.

• Bad news from Thüringen: the city Suhl decided not to support the club financially (120.000€). Without that money, Thüringen can't play 1st league. It's not official yet, but very likely that they withdraw now.

The Volleystars did get the licence to play in the first league but VfB 91 Suhl who apparently also applied to play in the first league got the licence.
    https://www.facebook.com/VolleyStarsThueringen

• This would mean, that they will be shutout from first league forever, because without the hall reconstruction they are not allowed to take part anymore.

Afterwards Erfurt will represent Thuringia exclusively, but that is IMHO anyway the better and more future capable location.

I found an article of Südthüringesche Zeitung online: it seems, the required upgrade of sports hall "Wolfsgrube" is unconditionally happening now in the time free of play, because both the parliament of Thuringia and the city council of Suhl agreed about the required money. So the hall should be acceptable since next season without special allowance even for first league.

But the money required to play next season isn't guaranteed yet: a bid to the city council to give temporarily the still missing 120.000 Euro to the club was turned down with the smallest margin possible: the council decided 15:15, that means, money is NOT granted (no majority). Because VfB 91 Suhl has to arrive at a decision on Monday and this was the last resort, it seems clear: they have to retreat the license and continue in second league, because this would be affordable for them.

But other than I first thought, they have the chance to get back by playing a good season in second league, if they can get the money for returning to first league afterwards.

• Both are from Penn State University, they won college competition in 2013 and 2014:

Nia Grant is central, 1,88m
    Aiyana Whitney is opposite, 1,92m

Both want try hard to prove, they have to be in US national team (wow!).

Obviously Nia Grant replaces Caroline Jarmoc, because Jennifer Pettke is already hired and Micheli Pissinato is known to stay.

Whitney is the replacement for Yellow Tiger Kaja Grobelna (Belgium), who left to Polish club Budowlani Lodz.

It seems, that only three players are now missing or need at least to be clarified:

a second setter behind Valerie Nichol, because Femke Stoltenborg left.

the fourth outside hitter, where only one candidate is known so far (Mari Hole, Norway, club has an option for her).

Libera may be Lisa Thomsen, but as German national she is rather expensive for our club, so it is not yet clarified. It's annoying, that for pure financial reasons this has to be considered seriously, if a cheaper, but equally good or better solution can be found.

So provisional partly roster for now:

Libera: tbc, maybe still Lisa Thomsen (?)
    Setters: Valerie Nichol, NN
    Outside Hitters: Renata Sandor, Kim Renkema, Michaela Mlejnková, either Mari Hole or NN
    Opposites: Aiyana Whitney, Deborah van Daelen
    Centrals: Micheli Pissinato, Jennifer Pettke, Nia Grant

• Potsdam confirms Lisa Rühl, Lisa Gründing, Anne Hölzig and Wiebke Silge. The future of Regina Burchardt isn't certain yet. Luisa Sydlik leaves to study in the USA. Sophie Dreblow will play in Potsdam, not in VCO Berlin apparently next season.

• Aachen actually managed to raise enough money for next season, but anyway it is possible that they withdraw their application for a license tomorrow. Among the requests from VBL is one that they can't fulfill, I have no idea how to translate it because I don't even quite understand it in German, it has to do with their ongoing bankrupcy process...Their press release from today says that if VBL insists on this request, they must withdraw the team tomorrow because after 1st June there will be a much higher fine for withdrawing.

• Aachen actually managed to raise enough money for next season, but anyway it is possible that they withdraw their application for a license tomorrow. Among the requests from VBL is one that they can't fulfill, I have no idea how to translate it because I don't even quite understand it in German, it has to do with their ongoing bankrupcy process...Their press release from today says that if VBL insists on this request, they must withdraw the team tomorrow because after 1st June there will be a much higher fine for withdrawing.

If you give me a hint to the text, I can translate it... the only articles I found are behind a paywall.

• If you give me a hint to the text, I can translate it... the only articles I found are behind a paywall.

http://www.volleyballer.de/news/29335.html

Go ahead. :super: I want an exact translation of " liquiditätsäquivalente Mittelzuflüsse ". 8)

• http://www.volleyballer.de/news/29335.html

Go ahead. :super: I want an exact translation of " liquiditätsäquivalente Mittelzuflüsse ". 8)

I never expected the VBL to be this creative ;) . This is an own invention of wording, to give the club the utmost flexibility to fulfill it. I think, even a crowdfunding campaign in time over 200.000 Euro would fit to this demand, but this would not be described as "liquide Mittel", so the VBL resorted to this wording created by themselves. The expression Bürgschaft makes rather clear, what is meant: they want simply that in any way 200.000 Euro are granted to be payed for the costs of the season at least in any case (especially of bankruptcy). Of course during not owning their finances they can't create such a guarantee. That means no way out of the situation for them IMHO. And this demand is reasonable, because I dislike the way of founding a GmbH and let it going bankrupt one after another...

• And this demand is reasonable, because I dislike the way of founding a GmbH and let it going bankrupt one after another...

That*s exactly, what the Ladies in Black Aachen did not do! Some other teams acted this way. The Ladies did not give up the "Ladies in Black Spielbetriebs GmbH" but they try to save this GmbH in the insolvency proceedings.