Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• One match tomorrow, live on http://www.vbl.tv

25. Januar 2017
    19:00 Wiesbaden - Potsdam

And on Sunday the big Cup final Schwerin vs Stuttgart :super:

League match is important for both clubs: Wiesbaden tries to regain one of the first six direct playoff spots, currently only 7th, and Potsdam tries to defend fourth place in table against Münster and Vilsbiburg especially.

DVV cup final is to be clarified even who will be able to play: can Maren Brinker come back until then for Schwerin and can Kim Renkema (today in Talinn, CEV cup against underdog KOHILA) really help Stuttgart than? Not eligible to play is new middle Hannah Tapp, because she joined team only after semis of cup and Anja Brandt is still not ready to play. So Schwerin has to play with two middles, Barfield and Schölzel.

Anyway, I will be in Mannheim and watch both cup finals live.

• Sorry guys i read that Wiesbaden will be without MB today, is that true? 8| 8|
    I used a translator so i'm not so sure LOL

"Mittelblockerinnen bis Mittwochabend wieder fit zu bekommen: Simona Kóšová plagt eine schmerzhafte Beckenprellung, Eszter Nagy und Molly McCage waren zuletzt ebenfalls angeschlagen."

• Surprise by Wiesbaden, who stunned the slightly favorited team of Potsdam in a tie-break match today. This brings Potsdam at fourth place in the table into the reach of Münster, the fifth, because the last has one match less.

• Wiesbaden - Potsdam 3:2 (19:25 25:16 22:25 25:21 15:12)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&2092.pdf
    MVP: Delainey Aigner-Swesey / Roslandy Acosta

Looks like Irina Kemmsies recovered her connection at least with Molly McCage, once again top scorer as MB with over 50% in attack plus 6 blocks. For Potsdam Acosta didn't get enough support from the other attackers so Wiesbaden could take the game which considering their recent performances is a minor surprise.

• Still young but already top outside hitter Michaela Mlejnková, also already an important key player in czech national team, extends contract with Allianz MTV Stuttgart for one year to season 2017/2018.

Soft factors were deciding, because we had no chance at all financially: she got offers from other leagues (I suppose Poland and/or Italy at least), against every Bundesliga club will lose badly, when it comes to money only.

• Tomorrow, 14.00 CET, the big Cup final SSC Palmberg Schwerin vs Allianz MTV Stuttgart :super:

Livestream here: http://sportdeutschland.tv/vbl…-vs-allianz-mtv-stuttgart

Both teams are highly motivated to win the first official title of the season (not counting Stuttgart's Supercup) and both teams will surely enter the match very well prepared. Schwerin still without Anja Brandt, in Stuttgart Kim Renkema is back but of course not yet at 100% after her illness. Other than that all players should be fit and healthy.

• Very balanced 1st set, 25-22 for Schwerin. Very good performance by Lippmann and Geerties, on the other hand Brinker and the MBs are invisible so far. Stuttgart too nervous and too many mistakes plus bad decisions from 22-21 to 22-25.

• Terrible tactical effort by Hernandez today. Serving to Geerties turned out to be a bad idea because she is super solid today, but they stick to it waaaay too long. As soon as they change to serving to Brinker they come from 15-24 to 21-24. I also don't understand why he started with Whitney in 2nd set when Van Daelen did a good job in 1st.

Now let's see if Stuttgart can repeat 2015 when they won the Cup after being 0-2 down.

• Karmen "Kici" Kocar was elected as MVP of the final. These were essentially two different matches: from first to near-end of second set, when Stuttgart suddenly came back by changes (Pettke for Pissinato as middle and Kocar for Nichol as setter) and change of postture (nothing more to lose, fighting spirit). Despite Schwerin one second set with the 8th (!) set point, Stuttgart found than rhythm and controlled mostly the remainder of the match until win of tie-break. "Only" 10.143 spectators in hall, nearly 2.000 less than 2016.

• maybe some people are scared to go to big events because of all the terror going on around Europe including Germany? At least if I lived in Europe I would not go to any big events, I would be to scared, because you never know what might happen.

But still Voww, bigger crowd than we saw in Brazil or Italy this weekend.

Very deserving MVP for Kocar, I don`t think they would have won if was not for her, she made a big difference.

Karmen "Kici" Kocar was elected as MVP of the final. These were essentially two different matches: from first to near-end of second set, when Stuttgart suddenly came back by changes (Pettke for Pissinato as middle and Kocar for Nichol as setter) and change of postture (nothing more to lose, fighting spirit). Despite Schwerin one second set with the 8th (!) set point, Stuttgart found than rhythm and controlled mostly the remainder of the match until win of tie-break. "Only" 10.143 spectators in hall, nearly 2.000 less than 2016.

• Interstingly on Sport1 TV station this women's final Stuttgart-Schwerin had more viewers (200.000) as the following men's final Friedrichshafen-Berlin (120.000). This is not complete statistics, because public TV stations offered also livestreams for example. But numbers are not too bad, despite being much lower as in Italy or Poland I guess.