Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• Renata Sandor another season in Stuttgart. :thumbsup:
    https://www.stuttgarts-schoens…mtv-in-ihre-vierte-saison

Simona Kosova another two years in Wiesbaden. :thumbsup:
    http://www.vc-wiesbaden.de/bun…erin-bleibt-bis-2019.html

I'm sure, that neither Schwerin nor Dresden like the prolonging of Renata Sandor (and already before Michaela Mlejnková) contract with Stuttgart... she and the young czech are absolute key players.

Regarding Molly McCage: I don't think, that Wiesbaden is able to keep her like Kosova. Let us see, what happens...

• Can't anyone serve a ball in??? :white: Both teams with loads of serving errors so far in 1st set, there is no real match happening because of that :down:

In Dresdner Margon hall traditionally recpetion rates are no good and pressure is high to enforce recption errors at the opponent: both obviously risk (too) much with service.

• This was again like rollercoaster ending in tie-break, and guest team won, this time Stuttgart: better attack efficiency (38% to 31%), a little advantage in service despite making more errors than Dresden was the difference at the end. Now Stuttgart has the home advantage again and I hope, they are now more aware of the way, Dresden always tries to comeback, despite the DSC this season definitely lacks quality compared to the past season.

• The winner of the semifinals is Schwerin: while they have now time to rest their players some days and despite this a full week of preperation for the finals starting in their own Palmberg hall, Stuttgart and Dresden will have the final semi just four days, before the winner has to travel the long way to Schwerin, and will be tired somewhat. The conditions are now even more favorable for the championship favorite as before. - And the final series is played in English week mode with two matches per week until the end...

Wiesbaden resisted just two sets in their own hall, after they equalized to 1:1 sets Schwerin took complete control over the match. So expectations after the two league round defeats of Schwerin against Wiesbaden, that they could lose, were highly exaggerated.

• Wiesbaden – Schwerin 1-3 (24-26, 25-17, 17-25, 15-25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&2519.pdf
    MVP: Delainey Aigner-Swesey / Lenka Dürr
    Wiesbaden's OHs with 19% and 17% in attack simply aren't enough even though both MBs and the OPP played very well. Schwerin with a solid and balanced performance reaches the final.

Dresden – Stuttgart 2-3 (21-25, 25-22, 25-23, 23-25, 9-15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&2524.pdf
    MVP: Kadie Rolfzen / Michaela Mlejnkova
    Dresden was leading 18-14 and 20-17 in 4th set but couldn't finish it. In tie-break Mlejnkova had a serving streak from 7-7 to 13-7. 3rd and decisive match next Saturday in Stuttgart :super:
    Looks like Jocelynn Birks also is done for the season with a ligament injury in her ankle from the last match, she wasn't even in the roster yesterday.

• Did Birks ever get in a good shape this season? She was injured all along! :white: And it keeps happening over and over in Dresden. It must be the fourth season in a row with so many injuries. :huh:

• Did Birks ever get in a good shape this season? She was injured all along! :white: And it keeps happening over and over in Dresden. It must be the fourth season in a row with so many injuries. :huh:

For a few matches, to be more detailed the ones where she played as OH without reception, she did very well. And yes, Dresden has lots of injuries every season, and it's not just the last four seasons. They're either cursed or doing something very wrong...

• For a few matches, to be more detailed the ones where she played as OH without reception, she did very well. And yes, Dresden has lots of injuries every season, and it's not just the last four seasons. They're either cursed or doing something very wrong...

:white: :white:

• Transfer updates from Wiesbaden: they haven't found a new main sponsor yet, but are optimistic to have the same budget as this season.
    Irina Kemmsies, Lia-Tabea Mertens, Karolina Bednarova, Dora Grozer and Simona Kosova have contracts for next season. The club wants to renew with Tanja Großer, Annalena Mach and Alyssa Longo ASAP. Delainey Aigner-Swesey returns to the USA, Eliza Hynes and Eszter Nagy are very likely to leave as well. Molly McCage is probably going to sign with one of the big teams in German league, apparently Stuttgart is very interested in her. In terms of new players, they are looking for young talents that they can develop over some years because they have no money to sign any "big guns". Selma Hetmann (MB from Erfurt) is a potential candidate for new MB.

• ...and while waiting for the new head coach, Münster announced that Sina Fuchs is going to leave the club after 11 years (including youth teams) :white: She has finished University and is now looking for a new challenge in her career. Considering that she played a very good season I expect her to have many offers. Meanwhile 20 year old OH Chiara Hoenhorst from Münster's 2nd team has been promoted to the 1st team for next season.

• USC Münster is going to announce their new head coach this week. They invited 6 candidates including two female coaches and are now in the decision making process.

Big surprise: it's Teun Buijs :white: :super: :obey:

I really didn't see that coming, I didn't think Münster can afford him. It's a great choice, I hope he'll do his job there as great as in Schwerin back in the days.

• Big surprise: it's Teun Buijs :white: :super: :obey:

I really didn't see that coming, I didn't think Münster can afford him. It's a great choice, I hope he'll do his job there as great as in Schwerin back in the days.

Buijs was coaching an amateur team last two years. First year promotion to the 4th level of Dutch competition, and this year he ended up 2nd with his team. Didn't expected him to go back to professional volleyball. He coached Schweriner before and clearly knows the German Bundesliga.

• 3rd and decisive semifinal match Stuttgart - Dresden today, 19.30 CET live on http://www.vbl.tv :super:
    In the previous matches both times the home team should have won 3:1 but the guest won in the tie-break, let's see if history will repeat today. According to Waibl, the situation of the injured players (Cooper, Birks, Johnson) hasn't changed.

• SCHARRena Stuttgart is completely sold out, even the staying slots, we are ready to terminate Dresden now finally. Team will be more aware than in first match, where they gave the near-certain victory away for nothing.