Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• I think she stayed only so far, because she had a now expiring two-years contract. Obviously she is too good to be kept in German league, she will surely receive offers from Poland, Italy and/or Turkey.

I'm not sure ORLEN Liga is better than Bundesliga lately. I found Bundesliga a bit better this season.

• I'm not sure ORLEN Liga is better than Bundesliga lately. I found Bundesliga a bit better this season.

With exception of Chemik Police I agree and I'm actually glad to hear it from someone "neutral" :D

As for Nichol, I hope she'll make a wise choice for her career and not one dominated by money. Going to "big clubs" too early has destroyed other setters before her, Molly Kreklow being one that comes to my mind...

• IMHO ORLEN Liga lost some quality when they increased the number of the partecipating teams from 10 to 12. Schweriner, Stuttgart and Dresdner can all win easily against all the polish teams, except Chemik Police of course. German scouts are very good, they can find cheap american or dutch players who make the league stronger and a name for themselves before going to top clubs few years later. :win:

• I also agree that Bundesliga's level is a bit higher than Orlenliga, at least it's more unpredictable and exciting. The polish one used to be my favorite but since a couple of years ago the general level has dropped a lot especially by the time Police started to win everything. Besides it's more interesting when there's no limitation of foreign players.

I was supporting for Dresden as I like Schoot, McMahon and the Czechs but they weren't strong enough to rule the league this year.

• It's a pity, that we had no opportunity in Stuttgart, to play against Budowlani Lodz, where our former opposite Kaja Grobelna played at last. This comparison would have been very interesting IMHO...

Regarding balanced league: indeed Bundesliga is one of the most balanced of all better leagues now, not at the level of Italy of course, but not that far away meanwhile.

• With exception of Chemik Police I agree and I'm actually glad to hear it from someone "neutral" :D

As for Nichol, I hope she'll make a wise choice for her career and not one dominated by money. Going to "big clubs" too early has destroyed other setters before her, Molly Kreklow being one that comes to my mind...

Denise Hanke is another example of bad career choices. Good that she is back to Bundesliga

• Denise Hanke is another example of bad career choices. Good that she is back to Bundesliga

Yes, she recently talked about it in an interview. She says it was very hard for her to be 3rd setter for two seasons in a row (Eczaci and Impel) after some bad matches as starting setter early in the seasons. She says in Eczaci she was still treated very well by the club etc even when she didn't play much, but in Impel she clearly felt she wasn't needed anymore and the year there was the worst for her. That's why she returned to Schwerin and only now after two years she feels she has all her confidence back. She says those experiences were very hard but in the long run helped her to grow as a person. When she came to Eczaci she was kind of hoping for some "young-player-protection" but the pressure was very high and she couldn't handle it back then and that's why she performed badly.

• I can imagine how hard it can be for a young player in such a club with high ambitious. Especially for setter, the pressure is much bigger than other positions. I am still amazed with the fact that Naz handled with that pressure so well when she was only 15 while she was a starter in Eczacıbaşı :white: