Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• On VBL site, some teams already have some players listed in the roster. Potsdam's roster includes Ann-Marie Knauf (ex-Köpenick) and Ivona Svobodnikova (ex-Aachen), but not Regina Burchardt...

I think Imoudu and Knauf is a good Team on this Position. :thumbsup:

• She have a Job Offers who not compatible with Pro Volleyball.

So one more German volleyball professional is lost from Bundesliga. It's always the same old, annoying story: the conditions are not acceptable for many of them, so they leave earlier or later (often earlier) to get a job with both present and future perspective outside volleyball. The DVV and the VBL have to consider how to improve this as other topics, because it is no good, when top teams are forced to use so many foreigners to win German titles - not the way to convince young German players to try a professional career here in Germany.

• Seems the VBL plans a big event for the start of next season.
    https://mopo24.de/DSC1898#!nac…-premiere-in-berlin-70910

If you can't understand German, here in short the planning: this will be a traditional supercup final in Berlin, featuring champion and vice champion, similar to DVV cup final both genders playing. Because champion won also national cup, this time vice champions are the other party. So it will be Dresden vs. Stuttgart (and Berlin vs. Friedrichshafen)

The hall is really big, capacity twice the Max-Schmeling-Halle also in Berlin. Maybe it is possible, that it reaches new record with 13 to 14 thousand spectators?

It will take place one week before official league launch, in midth of October 2016. Details will be given today in one week, Tuesday the 12. July 2016.

• As far as I remember the last attempt of holding a Super Cup about 10 years ago was a big fail :whistle:
    Teams won't be on a good level a week before the season, it's not a match that will attract 10.000s of people...

You raised an important question - is this feasible for the participating teams regarding time schedule and roster/players?

When the last time a super cup match women was performed, in autumn 2011 between champion Schwerin and cup winner Stuttgart in SCHARRena Stuttgart, not all players could attend due to European championship.

But this time circumstances are far better:

1. Olympic Games are rather early this year, already in August
    2. only some countries will have to play qualifying in September for European Championship 2017
    3. very few players of the rosters of Stuttgart and Dresden are affected at all:

Stuttgart: Slovenia will use Karmen Kocar as setter, but she is rather experienced and we have still Valerie Nichol not breaking season preperation; with Renata Sandor is not clear, if she will already attend Hungarian NT again, Michaela Mlejnková is in her second year in Stuttgart, so that she will likely play the second OH aside from Helena Havelkova will not affect things very much. Obviously we have no nationals playing Olympics at all.

Dresden: though only seven players are known now (remember: Michelle Bartsch left for Bolzana/Italy A1 today), there is also limited effect: Myrthe Schoot (likely staying) will play Olympics now in August, but not afterwards (Netherlands don't need to play second EC qualification), and the three Czech players are unlikely to be all in NT for qualification IMHO. Even than there are about three weeks from that qualification to super cup final.

So I think, in this Olympic year it is affordable, but this might be different in most other years, especially the uneven ones with European Championship final round. I guess, this super cup will not be established in every year therefore. Here in Stuttgart the idea is welcome very much, despite having had far too many games of duty last season and too short time to prepare that season, but there were the European Championship 2015 rather late.

• "Slovenia will use Karmen Kocar as setter"

are you sure ? she didnt play for NT since more than 4 years . why will she do it now ?

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Looking at the rosters so far (all updated on 1st page), Schwerin and Stuttgart look very good. I think also Potsdam can be very good if they "click" as a team.
    Dresden still is a mystery, but they better sign a killer OH and a great MB, otherwise next season could be hard for them.

• Looking at the rosters so far (all updated on 1st page), Schwerin and Stuttgart look very good. I think also Potsdam can be very good if they "click" as a team.
    Dresden still is a mystery, but they better sign a killer OH and a great MB, otherwise next season could be hard for them.

You are right, if Dresden doesn't present more than strong opposite Elizabeth McMahon, we in Stuttgart are willing and ready to finish them in the championship.

Regarding Potsdam: the question is, if the mixture of players is right - having so many German players in the roster threatens this mixture potentially, good to observe last season.

Regarding Potsdam: the question is, if the mixture of players is right - having so many German players in the roster threatens this mixture potentially, good to observe last season.

Does it mean you need lots of German players to have a good cat fight (Zickenkrieg) :?: :?:

• Vilsbiburg complete their roster with 2nd L Isabelle Liebchen. It means that Liana Mesa is their only OPP :white: I expect Lena Stigrot to play as OPP if necessary then, because Mesa with 38 years is not going to survive a whole season as starter in every match.