Turkish League 2016/2017

• For as bad as Hill was in the 3rd set I thought she played very well in the fifth when she came in to play Opposite instead of Sloetjes. She had a nice service run and was perfect in reception. It will be interesting to see if Guidetti tries this again. Hill brings much better service and floor defense then Sloetjes and did play OP in college. However Guidetti always has at least one eye focused on the Dutch National team so he may not want to erode Sloetjes' confidence.

This was an epic meltdown for ECZ and I wonder how it will affect them going forward against the other top tier teams and CL.

• That`s wrong, and this topic is so old.

This past season everyone was saying he kept Sheila on the bench and Sloetjes on the floor because he wanted to get Sloetjes ready for the OG. Then at the OG we all saw the real true, Sloetjes led NED to a historic semi final and who was named the best OP of the OG?? Sloetjes, which means Sloetjes played because she was playing better than Sheilla.

I dont think is fair all this hate towards Sloejtes she had a amazing past season and OG....Last match vs Beskistas she had 18 points, how about that? She`s human and cant be 100% all the time.

Guidetti is the coach of NED but his paycheck comes from Vakfbank, and the owners of Vakfbank dont give a shit to the Dutch team, if last season they saw Guiddetti was letting Sloetjes play only because of the Dutch Team and not because she was the best, of course they would have step in and stopped him, even fired him.

• WTF is wrong with Sloetjes ??

She was one of the best players in world last seasons, but even on ClubWCH and in Turkey She is far, far from that level :whistle:

• WTF is wrong with Sloetjes ??

She was one of the best players in world last seasons, but even on ClubWCH and in Turkey She is far, far from that level :whistle:

Guidetti said that she has little injury for many times. In fact, Vakifbank has tried many other players as OP such as Zhu, Hill, Melis Durul and Cansu Cetin.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I don't even think Sloetjes is Vakifbank's biggest problem.. Their main advantage these last few seasons has been having the best local setter, who is also a top world setter.. That gave them advantage over every opponent in TL, but also in CL, since they didn't have to play with 2 different setters (like Eczacibasi for example) and Naz had much more opportunities to connect with every player perfectly..
    Nowadays Naz is not performing good, she's not the game changing player she has been for Vakif (nor for the NT too) IMO when (if) she starts to play like she has been in the past, Vakif will be a much better team..
    Of course Slotjes, who has been their leading scorer last season, is missed right now but they are lucky to have Zhu, and also Gozde and Hill so Guidetti can find a line-up that will work..

• i was able to watch second half of the fourth set of BJk-Gs match

Humay and Tuğba left a good impression on me...i had watched Tuğba before but i havent watched Humay so far..Especially she seemed to have a good reception and the courage to attack

On LOnneke : i think everyone or most of the users here agree that she had a very good last season (deserved her spot on the court) and OG. the problem is her current shape..in WCCH and in TL..she is needed against strong teams not against mid-level or weaker teams.VB has enough players to play against mid-level or weaker teams..

if LOnneke and Naz reaches her best VB will be pretty hard to beat in TL

• Idmanocağı got its foreigners and got first win in the league against Halkbank

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList

Especially Cuban Sanches has been playing pretty well
    i dont know much about Kristina Kicka .. where did she play before ?

She is Kristina Mikhailenko, played in Dresdner last season and had a solid performance.

• and before Dresdner she played in Legionovia Legionowo in Poland ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kicka just got married ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Since there are many surprising and interesting results this weekend, I thought of making a short commentary on matches/players to initiate a discussion here :)

Eczacibasi - Vakifbank: 2-3 (http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList)

As many other mentioned, a big applaud to Vakifbank. I was surprised to see that Eczacibasi had 2 easy sets in the beginning and was about to close the match, while I'm one of those, believing that Vakif is unstoppable in Turkish league this year. In the beginning I thought the problem was Slöetjes, Gözde, Kubra, Zhu, Gizem Örge...until Cansu Özbay replaced Naz. That was an eye opening substitution because simply everyone was fired up when she started to set. I agree to an earlier comment that Naz is having a bad period. She is the most talented setter Turkish volleyball ever developed but when you play such a long time in a team, win everything, have the same coach, you might lose your ambition after a while. Naz needs some change in my opinion, she needs to move on. I'm sure she will surprise us a lot with her performance for example if she starts playing for Eczacibasi next season or maybe in Italy. But she definitely needs a break from Vakif and Gio. Same for Vakif, they rely so much on Naz that noone realizes what the problem is. Gio is a coach who likes to develop his own stars, this includes Gözde, Kubra, Gizem Örge and so on. Naz is an established star now and it must be boring for both parts since they can't move any further than this. I would really like to watch Cansu Özbay's development in Vakifbank or even Gamze Alikaya moving to Vakif and learning from Gio. They need this kind of spirit.
    If we return to the match, Guidetti is deserving the title "libero eater". His target now is Gizem Örge, thanks god Ayca is so terrible that he is giving Örge more chances. Melis Durul didn't contribute at all when she was on the court so there is clearly a problem of finding a scorer OPP when Slöetjes is having a bad time. Vakifbank's main problem is, they don't have many score machine type of players, I can only count Zhu Ting and Rasic. When Slöetjes does not contribute, it gets hard for them. Using Gözde-Hill-Zhu trio is definitely a good idea since Zhu is almost impossible to stop. The only thing I didn't like with Guidetti's decisions yesterday was introducing Melis for Rasic, this must be a joke. I'm glad he returned from his mistake quickly.

At Eczacibasi's side, they learnt yesterday that they should never leave Maja out. I'm sure Barbolini was crying inside when he watched Nilay's performance getting worse and worse and he didn't trust her substitute at all. For Nilay, I have nothing to say, she does not deserve to play in any of the top teams in Turkey. She can be a sub but not more. She has "0" development in her performance although she had many chances and great experiences. I think she is just a balloon pumped by certain volleyball media people to increase her salary, there are mountains between her actual performance and where she is playing. Yesterday Kosheleva was the only one that could stand up even when things gone bad. Boskovic must learn to take a step further when her team is falling apart. Ceylan is a nightmare, I'm almost sure that Bahar will turn back to Eczaci during the second half. I don't see a future for Ceylan in any of the top teams either. Players in her age or younger doing much better such as Asli, Diclenur, Zehra, Özgenur etc. I have to mention that Barbolini was so well planned against Vakifbank but like I wrote yesterday, that guy has an amazing Plan A but never has a Plan B when things go wrong. He studied Vakifbank's certain players but not their subs and once they were on, he couldnt do any tactical move.

Fenerbahce - Canakkale: 2-3 (http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList)

A big applaud to Canakkale since they are first one to break Fenerbahce's winning streak this season. Abbondanza is quite different this season, unlike last year, he is giving chances to younger players. I'm not sure if KYK was injured which I guess she was since she was never introduced in the match even when they were losing badly. I criticised Abbondanza last year a lot because I thought he was ruining Seyma and Meliha's career. I'm sorry. Now they had chances to show what they got, two weeks in a row and I lost my hope on both. Meliha was such a leader in attacking when she played in Ilbank 3 seasons ago and now she looks very scared. Seyma is getting worse and worse. The only person who surprises probably everyone including Abbondanza himself is Polen. I'm really happy to see that she is not scared to take the leader role when it is needed and a big applaud to her for her recent performances. Natalia probably had one of her worst matches since she arrived. Fenerbahce won last weekend 3-1 against Bursa with a very bad game, they should be thankful to Bursa's terrible liberos. This week, they couldnt escape. I expect them to have more troubles against good serving teams in the future when teams settle down.

Mia Jerkov is amazing at Canakkale's side and leading the team. They are a bit strange in that sense, one weekend she gets support from Jana, one weekend from Ceren. This is clearly a very dangerous trio though. Also Beyza Arici is putting a great show for the last 2-3 weeks as an MB, I'm surprised she is not well known in Turkey.

Idmanocagi - Halkbank: 3-1 (http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList)

This was one of the most unexpected results of the week. I'm really happy for Idmanocagi because they have a solid squad and deserved better, it is a shame their management couldnt solve the license issue earlier. Two players are spectacular and making the difference for Idmanocagi. The first one is Sanchez, she is scoring like hell for a MB and performed great even in last week's match when they lost. The second one is Matienko. I remember how Kicka and others performed when their local setter was playing and now once when Matienko is playing, she sets 24 balls to Sanchez when perfect receiving is only at 20% and Kicka doubles her performance. We need to give the credit to Matienko.

Halkbank is similar to Canakkale and has solid spikers: Salas and Starcevic. I don't know why they keep using Ural as opposite when they have a young talent like Burcu Yuzgenc.

Besiktas - Galatasaray: 1-3 (http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList)

Besiktas is terrible, their foreigners have almost zero contribution and their youngsters freak out when things go wrong. They have a solid squad as well, but so far I only liked Tugba Senoglu who is playing like an experienced OH. Cagla looks so lost and far from what she was expected during her Vakifbank times. Van Hecke has zero fighting spirit compared to what we watch from her in Belgian NT. Rousseux looks like she doesn't even care. I'm glad they signed a foreign MB, Poznyak who can help them a bit, because Dilara Bilge, their opposite played as MB today against Galatasaray. She was fine as an MB, maybe she should continue her career as an MB. Zehra is the only one who is doing a good job in Besiktas and I assume she was injured today, she is still the best blocker in the division.

Galatasaray is far from what they showed last season. No fighting spirit, no game plan, they play boring volleyball like they used to do during Barbolini times. Seda has the agility of Diouf but her attacking skills are far from Diouf's. Guldeniz is still playing like a second libero. Jack kills everything she gets. Centoni was off today but I don't blame her, Gamze was bad too. But again, I don't blame her either because receiving was shaky. Ataman must remember that this team did a great job with 2 defensive OHs last season, Leys has the most solid receiving in this team and Gamze plays much better when receiving is good. I don't think Galatasaray will need much contribution from OHs when Jack, Asli and Centoni are scoring. I'm still very surprised that Ataman did not give up on Guldeniz yet, considering neither her attacking nor receiving are great. I would like to watch Leys-Seda duo for a while and if this doesn't work, Leys-Guldeniz duo instead. If he really wants Ruseva in the game, Centoni can be sacrificed with Seda being OPP since Seda has a better swing from zone 2.

The last two matches of the week had expected results. Nilufer is a terrible team, once they lost Crncevic, I was sure they will relegate. Seramiksan is far from what was expected from them. Someone should remind their trainer that they are allowed to have 3 foreigners on the court because he only uses one of the Nizetich-Nikolova duo at court and keeping Selime. Nikolova-Nizetic-Tow Arnette should always be on the court. Oh and they are a good example of you need to find a better setter, Cansu Aydinogullari has been a good prospect like 5 years ago and she doesn't have the qualities to be the first setter.

Bursa BB has a very solid team, even better than Canakkale and Halkbank, they remind me of last season's Galatasaray. Özge, Joyce, Ivana, Dora, Fatma, all are established players and showing what is expected from them. Even Ipek is surprising me. the only question is, couldnt they find better liberos seriously???

As Canter mentioned, Sariyer is one of the biggest disappointments. I think they will find their rhythm sooner or later. Esra-Yaneva-Fawcette, plus Crimes are very good players.

In general, teams look like they have troubles to find their best 6 still. It will be a great second half to watch this year and playoffs. I don't think there is a huge gap between Halkbank, Canakkale, Bursa BB, Sariyer and so called top 4. Lets hope we will watch some more surprises, especially Galatasaray will play 4 difficult matches in a row from now on.

• A big applaud to Canakkale since they are first one to break Fenerbahce's winning streak this season.

Didn't Fener lose to Eczasibasi just a few rounds ago?

• thx meatballs for your comprehensive comments on the matches..i generally agree on all what you wrote there

btw...Sarıyer B. got its first win in TL against Seramiksan
    Esra,Eva and Crimes seem to have played pretty well..Fawcett too

on Seramiksan..Nizetich once used to play well (while she was playing for Beşiktaş) now she is simply bad

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList