Turkish League 2016/2017

• Gamze's last set to Centoni was close to the net..

Gs couldnt use the opportunities of the fourth set in a good way due to Eczacıbaşı's players making very good digs in the last part of the fourth set

Ceylan should be more active at blocking than that

Boşkoviç had a good match..i liked Güldeniz's game too... Seda and later Centoni were useful..Seda should improve her defence

Neslihan's reception was good..she had a small injury (looked small at least) in the match..hopefully its not serious

i dont like some of GS' spectators (those soccer fans ).

• It was a good game, I'm sad Galatasaray didn't take it to 5 sets.. I liked Gamze's game a lot, I will say it again, she reminds me of Antonijevic so much, especially when setting to zone 1. However I don't think she used her middles as much as she could, especially Sinead.. Yes she made so many opportunities for her wings, to attack on single blocks, but it was mostly because Eczacibasi's middles were too slow to realise they should pay more attention to the wings.. I think Ruseva is not doing a much better job than Asli, so Galatasaray should try and play with Leys.. Also they can try and use Seda as OPP, Leys as OH, and have 2 foreign MBs.. Centoni is not that great either..

• It was a good game, I'm sad Galatasaray didn't take it to 5 sets.. I liked Gamze's game a lot, I will say it again, she reminds me of Antonijevic so much, especially when setting to zone 1. However I don't think she used her middles as much as she could, especially Sinead.. Yes she made so many opportunities for her wings, to attack on single blocks, but it was mostly because Eczacibasi's middles were too slow to realise they should pay more attention to the wings.. I think Ruseva is not doing a much better job than Asli, so Galatasaray should try and play with Leys.. Also they can try and use Seda as OPP, Leys as OH, and have 2 foreign MBs.. Centoni is not that great either..

I would put my signature under this :win:
    It is sad that referees did a terrible job in the very end, simply couldnt hold the pressure. I think Nihan sweared to referee which she normally wouldnt, she must be angry to something we didnt see. I dont know but it looked like Nilay also got a red card, because the score was supposed to be 19-18 but it became 19-19 instead. I'm really happy that referees finally caught Nilay's double touches. However they made 2 wrong double touch calls for Gamze, especially the second one wasnt a double touch. Ataman did very good substitutions in the 3rd set and it brought the set. He should have replaced Seda at least in the backrow, that would bring 1-2 extra points and easier side-outs.

I think Gamze has a good connection with Asli and Asli is a smart hitter. Ataman should consider starting with Leys & Asli, like last year and replace them if things are going bad. Team defense is terrible especially when Seda is in backrow. I agree that Centoni can be replaced with Seda as well, she had a terrible game in the first 2 sets while she shined a lot in the very end. Besides, this team used to be great from the serve line last season, I dont know what changed in a year...

For Eczacibasi, I honestly don't see them as a contender for title at all. They are built for champions league, not for domestic league. Now Neslihan is injured, we dont know the details but if she is seriously injured, they simply have no substitution for Larson. Boskovic was amazing yesterday but Galatasaray did nothing to stop her either. Eczacibasi's middles are like a nightmare, when Bahar returns, she will get her spot back quickly. Lets hope she finds her momentum quickly.

Best players of the match are: Gamze and Guldeniz from Galatasaray and Boskovic from Eczacibasi.

• Btw Natalia played OPP for Fenerbahce and they used Seyma & Meliha as OH and won 3-0. Interesting choice. Isnt he happy with Polen's performance?

• Btw Natalia played OPP for Fenerbahce and they used Seyma & Meliha as OH and won 3-0. Interesting choice. Isnt he happy with Polen's performance?

i dont think Polen's not playing is about his satisfaction...a match without KYK and not letting Polen play?? i cant find a reason for that

• as i expected..Bursa-Çanakkale match was competitive..i thought Bursa would win in the end...Çanakkale did a very good job..
    Çanakkale's players : Ceren,Mia and Jana trio contributed balancedly in addition Beyza Arıcı keeps playing well (i will pay some attention to her next time)
    Bursa's Fatma seems to have played well..

Both teams made lots of passing errors

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=54&PID=45&type=LegList

• I think Natalia - KYK - Meliha trio is better than Polen - KYK - Natalia. Natalia has always done a good job playing as OPP, often better than playing as OH, and Meliha can contribute much more in the reception.

• interesting matches of the eighth week to watch :

Fenebahçe - Vakıfbank :
    Vakıfbank is the fav.Without KYK FB will need a very good team play and contribution by most of the players.I guess a 3-1 VB win

Çanakkale B. - Halkbank :
    Çanakkale is the fav.Still i expect a good match though they lost easily to FB,Çanakkale is more a team of their calibre : My guess : 3-1 for Çanakkale

Sarıyer B. - Bursa B.B. :
    i expect a tough match. Bursa lost to Çanakkele last week at home they will want to recover that loss by this match.Sarıyer is playing better in recent weeks My guess : 3-2 for Sarıyer

Idmanocağı - Galatasaray :

Gs is the fav but with its foreigner and home court adv. Idmanocağı can make GS has tough moments.My guess : 3-1 for Gs

the other matches of the week :
    Beşiktaş -Nilüfer B. : 3-1
    Eczacıbaşı - Seamiksan : 3-0

• I think Natalia - KYK - Meliha trio is better than Polen - KYK - Natalia. Natalia has always done a good job playing as OPP, often better than playing as OH, and Meliha can contribute much more in the reception.

This would be terrible for FB. Polen is the best Turkish OPP hands down and I dont think Natalia would be neccesarily better than her has OPP. However Meliha is a terrible overall player and it showed many times that having her on court has no benefits, not in defense and definitely not in attack. Also Natalia had done a fine job in most of her matches so far and FB does need another reliable attacker if KYK and Natalia dont work. I agree with Canter. Not having Polen and KYK is definitely not because of satisfaction. Lets see what he will do tomorrow against VB.

• Interestingly, Sarıyer belediyesi has won their last two matches with changing their talented setter Arelya with a boring setter Zülfiye although the result could be because of weak opponents (Seramiksan and Nilufer are the two weakest team that will most probably be relagated)

Polen is doing quite well and I dont think Natalia will make a big difference as an Opp (she certainly plays better as Opp than as OH but I prefer Polen-Natalia-Meliha instead of Natalia-Şeyma-Meliha) Signing with Grothues might make sense if Kim would be missing for a few months. League is quite competitive this season. In the absence of Kim, FB can easily lose against GS, Bursa and Çanakkale :whistle:

Bursa and Çanakkale are the underdogs as I expected. Very balanced roster with good foreigner choices supported by decent level locals. Both of these team can finish the half of season in top 4. I also liked Halkbank's roster but I am curious about why they dont play with talented young Opp Tutku Burcu who played quite well when she was starter at the beginning of season.

Rachel Sanchez is a beast, she boosted the performance of Idmanocağı. This year we have really good underrated MBs next to Thaisa and Rasiç.

I am happy to see there are so many players from 1998-1999 generation who are playing in the league. Bold ones are ever starters

Setters: Aslıhan Kılıç, Mısra Aşçı, Gazi Simay, Zeynep Ece Öztuna,
    Opps: Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç,
    OHs: Tuğba Şenoğlu, Buse Melis Kara, Çağla Erdem, Yasen Hatepoğlu, Ince Nuran, Ayşe Selenay Bozkaya, Pelin Selda Ilgın
    MBs: Zehra Güneş, Yasemin Güveli, Kerem Melissa, Duygu Nur Doğan, Çağla Cinan
    Liberos: Sinem Bayazıt, Eylül Akarçeşme

We had a bad 1996-1997 generation but this generation could be as good as 1994-1995 generation, which is also known "golden generation" with 3 gold medals from both youth and junior generation. There are also some other good players playing as starter in second division (Selmin Karahan, Yasemin Özel, Ezgi Akyaldız, Bukey Gülübay)