Turkish League 2016/2017

• Wow! Idmanocagi is really impressing me. Their manager said that they are looking for good foreigners and talented locals who were supposed to be stars today but couldnt shine yet. They are really on the right direction.

So far, Matienko is their setter, they transferred Birgul Guler, one of the best defensive local OHs in Turkey right now, Ece Hocaoglu (OH) who was expected to be a star, Nesve (MB) who had a great season last year but failed to become a star as expected, Bihter Dumanoglu (L) from Galatasaray. Now it is rumoured that they are interested in Odina Bayramova, one of my favourite OHs, very passionate. Hope they will manage to find a fighter OPP too. Would be nice to see one of Gözde Yilmaz/Hande Baladin playing regularly for such a team. Looks like we will have a good underdog this season!

• Do you know if Malagurski is staying? They should keep her.

Wow! Idmanocagi is really impressing me. Their manager said that they are looking for good foreigners and talented locals who were supposed to be stars today but couldnt shine yet. They are really on the right direction.

So far, Matienko is their setter, they transferred Birgul Guler, one of the best defensive local OHs in Turkey right now, Ece Hocaoglu (OH) who was expected to be a star, Nesve (MB) who had a great season last year but failed to become a star as expected, Bihter Dumanoglu (L) from Galatasaray. Now it is rumoured that they are interested in Odina Bayramova, one of my favourite OHs, very passionate. Hope they will manage to find a fighter OPP too. Would be nice to see one of Gözde Yilmaz/Hande Baladin playing regularly for such a team. Looks like we will have a good underdog this season!

• I am kinda worried about Vakifbank since Kubra was far from convincing during the Montreux tournament. Not only she has to play TL as last year, but now she has to be a starter for CL and I don't think she is good enough.. I hope they find the money for some foreign MB

• I am kinda worried about Vakifbank since Kubra was far from convincing during the Montreux tournament. Not only she has to play TL as last year, but now she has to be a starter for CL and I don't think she is good enough.. I hope they find the money for some foreign MB

They are still looking for a local MB as far as I know and I won't be surprised if she is Özgenur. Hope GS will get some good money if that happens. Kubra is a slider and Özgenur is the only good local slider followed by Ceylan Arisan of Eczacibasi. Besides, GS does not need her when they have both Ruseva and Jack.

• They are still looking for a local MB as far as I know and I won't be surprised if she is Özgenur. Hope GS will get some good money if that happens. Kubra is a slider and Özgenur is the only good local slider followed by Ceylan Arisan of Eczacibasi. Besides, GS does not need her when they have both Ruseva and Jack.

I know they look for a local MB, but there is non for CL standards. That's why I say foreign..

• Kubra played very well in the TL final4, she was one of the most decisive players for Vakif last season. I think it's time for her to play a role in the Champions League too, she is ready for it.. In my opinion, Rasic-Kubra duo is more than enough for Vakif in the CL.
    Montreux is only a friendly tournament and the players are coming after a hard season.. so, it's not a good idea to judge the players by their performance in Montreux.

• I think Kubra is great, and Rasic/Kubra is a great duo. Kubra played really well in the Turkish final 4.
    She just need to be a starter the whole time, instead of siting on the bench.

• Some updates can be good and they can be found here: http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/….php?tgender=2&tperiod=16

Most critical ones are: Özgenur (MB) to Vakifbank, Odina Bayramova (OH) to Halkbank, Dora Horvath (OH) to Bursa BB, Jana Matiasovska (OH) to Canakkale, Mikhailenko (OPP) to Idmanocagi.

-I really like the league this season. For the top 4, Fenerbahce is much weaker than last couple of years, I won't be surprised if they face problems to finish in top 3 this season.

-Özgenur (MB) has 2 years contract with Galatasaray but now on loan to Vakifbank, showing Guidetti does not trust Kubra any longer. I hope Galatasaray got some good money from this business, besides it is a wise decision to make her get more experience since she had almost zero chances to play in Galatasaray.

-If they can find a good OH in similar calibre to Bayramova, Idmanocagi is my favorite underdog of this year. Sariyer and Bursa BB has really competitive teams already too.

-Besiktas and Nilufer are the top candidates to relegate. We have quite a lot of time and they will sure make transfers but not sure if they will find any players with good quality this late.

-The biggest transfer of this season among underdogs will be Gizem Karadayi's transfer. She did not sign with anyone yet. Sariyer, Seramiksan and Nilufer can make a surprise since other teams mostly have 2 liberos already. Galatasaray has only Nihan but she is very similar to Gizem Karadayi anyway.

• I expect both Gizem Karadayi and Elif Agca to Sariyer Belediyesi. I wish Arelya would stay there for one more season, she will not have any chances next to Ognjenovic, Nilay and Asuman :down:

• Wait.. Elif will play again?

After a break-year, she will be back this season. Since there is no free spot for a setter in top 4 teams, she would most probably play in one of the mediocre teams

I like that good local players start to play in teams rather than bench of top 4 (like Özge Kırdar in Bursa Büyüksehir Belediye, Esra Gümüş in Sarıyer Belediyesi)

• I expect both Gizem Karadayi and Elif Agca to Sariyer Belediyesi. I wish Arelya would stay there for one more season, she will not have any chances next to Ognjenovic, Nilay and Asuman :down:

If Nalan Ural is a bit smart, she won't let Arelya sit on the bench entire season and loan her to somewhere again. Barbolini does not like to give chances to younger players, in Galatasaray he avoided Gamze, Asli, Özgenur etc. for such a long time. They could be better players if Galatasaray did not have Barbolini at all.
    I actually think the wisest decision will be to send Nilay and risk to play with Ognjenovic and Arelya until Asuman comes back. As far as I know, Asuman did not start trainings with ball yet.

• Can be great to see Pasynkova or Yaneva in Idmanocagi after the failure with Bayramova. Not sure if they afford a similar OH though.

• my opinions on the teams other than VB,EcV and FB and its transfers and probable success in the season :

Beşiktaş :

Setter position : not very good not that bad..lets see what Çağla Akin will do as starter or backup
    OH position : i dont remember Cuban Palacios's reception.seems neither Palacisos nor Rousseaux has good passing skills..the team may have passing problems
    OPP position : Van Hecke is enough for that position..i hope she can have an injury-free season bcz she seems to be the only opttion for opp position.Backup is Dilara Bilge not
    MB position : the MB's dont seem convincing or good enough..i think these MB's are weak for such a tough and high level league
    Libero position : liberos look not that bad
    shortly : they co do better than expected if team chemistry problem is solved.Van Hecke ,Palacios and Rousseaux will be main/only weapons.Yasemin Güveli and Zehra Güneş from U19 team

Bursa B.B :

S : i missed watching Özge Kırdar.i think she is enough as setter for this team.
    OH : Dora Horvath and Fatma Yıldırım OG duo dont seem convincing to me for this league but can do better than i thought
    OPP : Joyce Gomez Da Silva is enough for this position
    MB : Ivana Miloş is ok but İpek Soroğlu should do better
    L : i like the liberos.Both Aylin Sarıoğlu and Ceren Cihan are talented local liberos
    shortly : they seem to do well.Joyce and Horvath will be main weapons and Miloş and Fatma will help them

Çanakkale Belediyespor :

S : setters look weak
    OH : OHs seem offensive but reception is question mark : Mia Jerkov and Jana Matiasovska
    OPP : Ceren Kestirengöz should do better once she was a good prospect for the future.she is not bad but her perf. not been enough for this league
    MB : MBs look weak
    L : not good enough.lets see what Buse Kayacan will do
    shortly : i dont expect much from them. Jana,Mia and Ceren will be main/only weapons

Galatasaray Daikin :

S : ok.now Gamze is more experienced.Nursevil showed that she can improve..both setters are ok and enough for this team
    OH :Neither great nor terrible. Leys-Güldeniz duo plus Seda Tokatlıoğlu.i hope she can offensively contribute to the team as well as expected
    OPP : i like Centoni.she does her best and a positive person.the others should help her a lot
    MB : MBs are the best positon of the team.i expect good blocks from Ruseva and good attacks from Jack
    L : you know about Nihan.İ dont know much about second libero..i think GSD needs a young and talented libero like Bursa team's ones
    shortly : they will do what they did last season

Halkbank :

S : setters seem weak
    OH : Ohs are offensively enough : Odina Bayramova,Ana Starcevic but once again i dont know what reception will look like with these players.Ana is ok but Odina ??
    OPP : will Wilma Salas play OPP ? or Young prospect Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç ?? MB : Mbs look weak
    L : not good
    shortly :i dont expect much from them but they dont seem to be amongst the worst teams.Wilma,Odina and Ana will eb main weapons..young Tutku Yüzgenç may help them (?)

Idmanocağı :

S : i wonder about Anna Matienko's perf :D and about young setter KÜbra Kegan's improvment
    OH : Maren Brinker's reception is question mark.Birgül Güler is ok.i dont know Ece Hocaoğlu's latest shape/improvement
    OPP : lets see what Kristina Mikhailenko will do
    MB : MBs look weak
    L : Ayça Naz seems to have improved
    shortly : Mikhilenko and Brinker will be main weapons of the team and Birgül Güler will help them.

Nilüfer Belediyespor :

S : first setter Duygu Düzceler not enough. who will be second setter ?
    OH : i dont know what Aleksandra Crncvic and Tetyana Kozlova duo will do.. i liked Kozlova as watching her play for RC Cannes.Local OHs are pretty weak
    OPP : Ceyda Aktaş's job is really hard..i hope she can do well
    MB :Iryna Trushkina seems ok(?) but local MBs are weak
    L : i like Dilara Bağcı.i expect a good perf. from her
    Shortly : this team seems to be amongst the weakest teams of the league.Ohs will be main weapons Ceyda and Truskinaa will help them

Sarıyer Belediye :

S :Arelya Karasoy is ok i hope she can imporve Zülfiye is not that bad as second setter or sometimes as starter
    OH : Eva Yaneva and Esra Gümüş Kırıcı are enough for this position
    OPP : Nicole Fawcett is enough/good for this position
    MB : Alexis Crimes is enough but the others are weak
    L : not that good
    shortly : i expect good performance from this team.Fawcett will be main weapon and Yaneva and Esra and Crimes will help her

Seramiksan :

S : Cansu Aydınoğulları is not a bad setter amongst the local setters but she should do better as starter
    OH : Ohs look ok : Paula Nizetich,Cristina Barcellini and Desislava Nikolaeva
    OPP : Meryem Boz is not very good but enough for this team
    MB : i dont know much about Jessica Susan Tow Arnett .the others look weak
    L : question mark?
    shortly : this team may have ups and downs in the league..lets see what they will do in the league.Meryem and OHs will be main weapons

• Nice summary Canter! I would say Seramiksan is the weakest team so far. Jessica-Susan is a solid MB, I remember her from Azerbaijan and she is good. Barcellini has never been a solid spiker and don't know what to expect from her. Other spikers are a big question mark too.

For Nilufer, I know only one player is not enough but Crncevic is an amazing OH and one of the best all around players. She reminds me Gözde Sonsirma/ Esra Gumus with her style, not as explosive as Gözde though. It's a great transfer but rest are so so...

Am I the only person here thinking that Fenerbahce actually has a bad team this year? :whistle: I really don't believe that they can finish in top 2...Once again I expect GsD and Sariyer to make a surprise and leave Fenerbahce out of final 4, unless Fenerbahce transfers a solid MB...

• Tonkom its a good transfer but with Diclenur as MB it Will not make such impact.... I like Fenerbahce. Natália can play as OH or Opp and have Polen, Meliha and Ercan Will give options tô the team. Hope Fenerbahce sign with Sheilla Castro and hire a local setter more taller and a good MB