Turkish League 2016/2017

• i didnt see any news about Meliha's injury...i hope she is not injuried

I saw her outside court and I thought it was strange, cause hsse is not foreigner or anything like that, so I didnt see a reason for her to be out of the match unless she is injuried...but I hope its nothing serious as well.

• And Fenerbahce won with Natalia playing bad both in the semi and in final.

• Well done to FB who played a really good game. Rare to see VB play as badly as they did today though

• A big big applaud to Fenerbahce! I'm so impressed. Amazing match by Eda and KYK! She simply showed she is still world's best and Zhu is nowhere close when it matters. Everything worked well in Fenerbahce's side. I don't know how, but they even created a scorer out of Diclenur. This is probably the first time I liked Abbondanza's choices. It was an excellent choice to bring Seyma in and start with Grothues-Ezgi duo. Grothues' digs downed Zhu Ting during the first 2 sets. Then when this combination didn't work at the 3rd set, he directly moved to Tomkom&Polen duo which worked amazing. Watching Tomkom is a pleasure, I hope she will get more time. It is worth to mention that Fenerbahce probably had the most effective match in terms of their serves so far this season.

SYDNEY, in this match, I haven't seen a single fenerbahce player who played with less than her 100%. I don't think they will be able to keep this performance where they had amazing serves, defence, block and KYK having a great day all together again.

On the other side, I never watched Vakifbank that desperate. Guidetti tried all possible combinations, introduced everyone in the match. Nothing worked, simply nothing. This match shows why I am not a big fan of Slöetjes, she has troubles in such big matches. Zhu had a terrible performance for the first time this season. Receiving was bad, their serves were so easy and soft, no options in attacking. Looked like every set went to zone 4 at some point. I didn't like Naz today at all, Cansu Özbay was even worse. Kubra is losing her position in Gio's eyes and I'm sure he is already contacting another local MB for next season since both Melis and Özgenur didn't work well either. I liked Kim Hill, she has a standard, not excellent but she never falls below that standard. Will be interesting to see how Vakif will do in playoffs after this match :whistle:

• Kubra took the medal out of her neck...what a bad attitude

• Natalia needs to improve on attack, she is far from her standards. I know that Vakif have an offensive block, and the position 4 always have more care from the Fenerbahce's Opponents.

I would never understimated the team with the best player in the world.

• To say Zhu was terrible is a bit unfair, she had 42% success in attack. Sure, she did not play at her best today but you can't say she was terrible.

And she is good when it matters, she proved that in the Olympic SF and F when it matters most, though I actually agree that Kim is the better player overall.

• these finals showed that it wont be that easy for VB to win TL they will have to show it best to get it...
    to be honest im happy fb got it against Ecv and VB which have higher/wider butget and better rosters/players than fb

• To say Zhu was terrible is a bit unfair, she had 42% success in attack. Sure, she did not play at her best today but you can't say she was terrible.

And she is good when it matters, she proved that in the Olympic SF and F when it matters most, though I actually agree that Kim is the better player overall.

i agree

• For me Fenerbahçe service was the key today. Its the beginning of every action, and they served really well, putted a lot of pression on VakifBank, that is why they won this game imo.

Congratulations to Fenerbahçe team and fans!

• If FB have hired an world class MB like Akirandewo/Maja (CRO) for sure they would be in the same level as Vitra and Vakifbank

I liked Fatma from Busra, she seems to be a good defensive OH.

• she was better in today's match

I don't think so... she had same % as yesterday...but she served and digged well just like yesterday too

• it was a bad attitude from Kubra.. she is so young and i think that she never won anything so big to have this kind of behavior...

• it was a bad attitude from Kubra.. she is so young and i think that she never won anything so big to have this kind of behavior...

She always has bad behavior...I remember the final match in the U23 championship how she would scream and stare a lot...

• Zhu Ting played decent but her mates played poorly, especially on offense. It looks like best way to stop Zhu is serving her out of rhythm. Guidetti always sub her out and if Vakifbank cant find offense, then they will lose like the first set in today's game and at World Club Championships 4th set against Ezc. Credit to Fener for beating worlds top 2 clubs on paper though. Opposing teams just hope Zhu won't improve her reception because I cant imagine what she will be like if she can receive like KYK.

• Congratulations to Fenerbahce, they played really well today, especially Kim and Eda. They managed to put pressure on Vakif's reception line and that ruined a lot of things on their side. Naz was out of play, Gozde and Zhu weren't that realiable, Sloetjes never entered the game. It was a good match but all those video-checks slowed the game so much!

As far as I know Meliha and Avci were absent for Fenerbahce due to injury, but I think that Diclenur made a good job, working well on block and being reliable on attack.

About Natalia: she wasn't that effective on attack, but many times she had triple blocks on her and she had to adjust difficult balls. She got blocked and made some mistakes, but to me she had a positive attitude and didn't went out of the game.

• FB played very well today. As for VB, it's the worst game they played so far in this season. For their bad performance defence, the FB fans are very vocal and intimatading. I know some would say if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, but still...