Turkish League 2016/2017

• With Kosheleva and Larson underperforming, I think it would be totally fair to give Hande a chance. Let her start and play the next 2 matches, just let her play without any pressure and let`s see how she does. Because she only comes in when the team is already loosing and in a difficult situation, which means she already comes in with some pressure on her shoulders.

i partly agree with you but i cant imagine how the reception would be :whistle:
    but at this point no matter how it would be..that worths a try

• I Think good for eczacibasi:

Maja and nilay out
    Gamze and arelya come

Adams and ceylan out
    Beyza or ozgenur come

Gozde yilmaz out cause she no play in eczacibasi and eczacibasi no need of her.

In turkey league
    Gamze - boskovic , beyza - busra, kosheleva - larson - Gulden. And in champions league busra out , Thaísa in

• maja out gamze inn? who is gamze? maja is best setter in the world right now rofl and u wonna bring someone else instead of her? problem of ecz is lack of domestic players and their biggest problem in league is mbs not reception imo even thought reception is bad they could counter it with some blocking but they dont have any decent domestic mbs or oh or setters so making a functional team in turkish league is not gonna happen the reason vakifbank wins title each year is exactly cause of it,if u had a decent turkish mb a setter and maybe oh in ecz then it would be completly different story,and i do agree with rest of the people that barbolini as a coach is a disaster, he has the biggest budget of gala and he didnt do anything with that team only reason he won wch was cause of the players quality,when u have a team full of worlds best at each position u dont have to be a miracle maker in order to win stuff,althought i can t stand terzic as person and his way of coaching i think that he would be way better then barbollini for this team and i think he would make players better ,if there is 1 thing he is good at that is to make a player,each player that was in his team progressed

• Maja is indeed the best setter in the world but as you said, Eczacibasi has problems with their locals and it looks like they wont find better ones next season either. The only solid alternatives are:

For defensive OH: Fatma Yildirim & Birgul Guler
    For MB: Beyza Arici, Özgenur (she is a big question mark since she is benched in Vakifbank & GS), Asli Kalac
    For setter: Gamze Alikaya

Coming back to this season, Eczacibasi doesnt need good receiving when they have such useless MBs anyway. All Maja needs to do is to give fairly good sets to Kosheleva, Baladin or Boskovic. Besides, Kosheleva can be subbed in the backrow with Larson and Baladin can be subbed with Simge. Otherwise receiving good doesnt help since Maja gets frustrated with her MBs performance and starts playing the second ball over the net herself.

All I hope now is, GS beating Eczacibasi this saturday so the bells start ringing for Nalan Ural and Barbolini.

• well to be honest i dont know much about those turkish players so i can t make a comment on them one way or another i think i recongnized only asli kalac that played in gala,but turkey is not know for mbs either so u have 2 choices imo eda and kubra they are the only ones that are high quality mbs turkey has atm to bad bahar left ecz i think she could of made a difference if she was allowed to play she can t be worse then mbs that are in the club atm,btw i think they should try with ognjenovic-boskovic-thaisa-hande-neslihan-gulden or ognjenovic-neslihan-thaisa-hande-kosheleva-gulden if ecz had any decent setter it would make ecz so much stronger in turkish league but nilay has gotten much worse with her age with second part of your post i agree but i have to stress once again they should change the coach asap to bad they went with barbollini instead of terzic or mota cause their game styles are very alike karch kiraly or yan fang would also be a good coaches for this team,for me italian coaches are way overvauled only italian coach that is really good is guidetti,rest are bit above average imo and i agree with second part of your post what good is to recieve only to not be able to kill or block a ball,ecz has to stop relying on boskovic all the freaking time,kosheleva is so incosistant,i would rather have brankica instead of her but that is just my opinion

• That works against most opponents, but against teams like Vakif and maybe Fener as well it won't work. Kosheleva seems to not be able to turn those high, decent sets into points against VB because they are so good in the block

To be fair to Barbolini, winning the CL with Pomi was quite an achievement even if they did get to host the Final 4. With him in charge and all these foreigners it is clear that ECZ were mainly focused on winning the CL this year so their TL performances have been weak. If they fail to win either then this season will be a disaster

• well we dont know how it would work cause they never tried it we can only assume and for barbollini and him winning cl with pomi had nothing to do with his coaching but with other teams underperforming big time in final 4 but i do agree they are focusing on winning cl but even in cl they arent playing that great i think with any other coach that i mentioned ecz would be something like vakif was back when brakocevic was playing for them and when they had like 50 games without a loss there isnt any difference from vakif team back then and ecz team right now and yet ecz performs so much worse

• Barbolini amazing coach, but terrible selector; I told you so many times...
    And Eczacibasi gave him the opportunity to chose among tons of top players.

Barbolini amazing coach, but terrible selector; I told you so many times...
    And Eczacibasi gave him the opportunity to chose among tons of top players.

I don't think is an amazing coach. There are amazing coaches but he is not one of them. Doesn't matter what he achieved. Even in CL, i don't see them as best if we consider how Eczaci is playing. They seem the best on the roster but not considering their play. Hope they will prove that i am wrong this week against Vakifbank.

• His career talks by itself.

People in this forum have this kind of feeling that you failed in Turkish league, then you suck. Volleyball doesn't work like this. Barbolini proved himself so many times that I lost the count.

Give him a short roster, like he had in Casalmaggiore, then you will see.

• His career talks by itself.

People in this forum have this kind of feeling that you failed in Turkish league, then you suck. Volleyball doesn't work like this. Barbolini proved himself so many times that I lost the count.

Give him a short roster, like he had in Casalmaggiore, then you will see.

Do you think many years of failure in GS and Turkish NT was not enough? He was a big loser here in Turkey and he is still a big loser. Just like his Italian fellows such as Micelli, Cuccarini.

Well, he has a short roster in TL and he still cannot manage to put a decent play and a team to the court. There is not a spirit at all on the court. He doesn't add anything to youngsters as well. So, i don't care if he won CL last year with Pomi. Plus his Pomi lost right in quarters.

• It looks like GS found the best 6, now when Seda is playing OPP. Today everyone from the starting six had over 50% in attacking and sets were equally distributed. I love Centoni but you could see that she is no longer able to deliver at a high level and her performance was depending on the set quality. It's actually great to watch that Seda is able to fix and generate points from bad sets too. Gamze needs to improve her connection with MBs before the playoffs though. :box:

It is indeed a good sign for NT that Seda is playing as Opp. As long as we have healthy Neriman and Hande, we dont need another offensive OH in NT. On the other hand, Polen's performance is not consistent and other young opposites such as Ceren, Ceyda or Tutku Burcu are from convincing. (I assume Neslihan is done with NT). Meryem Boz seems to be in a good shape so far but I would still prefer a more experienced players like Seda next to Polen.

• It is indeed a good sign for NT that Seda is playing as Opp. As long as we have healthy Neriman and Hande, we dont need another offensive OH in NT. On the other hand, Polen's performance is not consistent and other young opposites such as Ceren, Ceyda or Tutku Burcu are from convincing. (I assume Neslihan is done with NT). Meryem Boz seems to be in a good shape so far but I would still prefer a more experienced players like Seda next to Polen.

What makes you think Polen deserves to be there and Meryem doesn't? She has done nothing special this season so I don't think her place in the NT should be taken for granted

• @Sniznut81
    Gamze Alikaya is mentioned because she has been improving and been a good setter (she has to prove herself yet for sure for strong teams and for the NT) and in turkish league having a good local setter makes the difference..so you can have your spot open for other foreigners..thats why they(me too) say Maja should be replaced by a good local setter like Gamze Alikaya next year and this doesnt mean Maja is a bad setter

i dont think Mihajlovic would be better than Kosheleva..Koshelava is a better attacker,imo.i dont know Mihajlovic could make a difference with her reception in comparison with Kosheleva

i like Rezende as coach

• Schedule of 18th Week :

Idman Ocağı - Vakıfbank
    Eczacıbaşı - Galatasaray NTV SPOR at 14:00 (CET)
    Sarıyer B. - Nilüfer B.

Fenerbahçe - Halkbank NTV SPOR at 11:00 (CET)
    Beşiktaş- Seramiksan
    Çanakkale B. - Bursa BB. NTV SPOR at 13:30 (CET)

Galatasaray could surprise Eczacıbaşı if they serve well like VB and show a consistent game
    Brazilian users should be happy bcz NTV Spor broadcast Fb matches every weekend

Beşiktaş - Seramiksan match is very important for the ranking..Beşiktaş should do its best to beat this improving Seramikan team
    im happy that NTV SPOR is going to broadcast Çanakkale- Bursa match :D

link :
    NTV SPOR

• What makes you think Polen deserves to be there and Meryem doesn't? She has done nothing special this season so I don't think her place in the NT should be taken for granted

Please don't overrate Meryem. She is one of those players who only shines in weak teams. She was always like this since she was playing ilbank. I dont expect her to be scoring with high ratios with NT. I'm pretty sure Polen could also be scoring machine if she was playing in Seramiksan :roll:

By the way, Polen has better attacking ratio than Meryem (46.1% to %42.9) also her mistake ratios are lower than Meryem. To me, Polen is doing a better job than Meryem and considering her international experience, I would have counted on her more than Meryem. :whistle:

• barbollini is an awfull coach like i said only reason he won cl with pomi was cause all other teams underperformed big time not cause of his skills as a coach,i agree about rezende i might add ze,didnt know it was 73 games rofl,and i dont agree about kosheleva being stronger attacker cause brankica is all about power she has same reception as kosheleva same passing same blocking she is better at digging and she is way better in serve then kosheleva and she is more consistant that is my opinion anyway, and if that gamze alikaya is that good why dont they try to run with her instead of nilay i dont get it,ecz made a big mistake by letting bahar leave imo

• Barbolini winning CL was a big big luck. Noone could guess Dinamo Kazan would play without their two biggest stars: Gamova and Startseva. Besides noone really expected them to be in the final. How Vakifbank lost them is still a big question mark to me though. On the other hand, Barbolini makes really good plans against teams, he is a very friendly trainer from what I heard and his players enjoy working with him. His major problem is, he never has a B plan, he gets shocked when opponents make 2 substitutions and start playing different.

If I need to explain his GS journey, he used Lo Bianco, Montano and Rabadzhieva as starting 6 players throughout entire season and 1st match of playoffs, although the team was underperforming and Lo Bianco was the main reason, because she was very slow, her sets were super slow. She made a disaster out of Saori that season. In the second match of the playoffs against Vakifbank, something miracle happened and he left Lo Bianco out and started with Gamze as setter, Saori & Rabadzhieva as spikers and Montano as opposite, while Veljkovic was at the bench. GS won 3-0 easily against Vakifbank and Saori could finally kill balls. At third match, GS was leading 2-0 and leading in the third set, then Gamze got injured and Nursevil came in and Vakifbank won 3-2. The problem is, anyone could see the problem in the half of the season while Barbolini noticed it so late in the very end. Young players like Gamze, Asli Kalac and Özgenur were useless back then because he gave zero chance to them. He is doing the same now. He just doesnt understand that if you dont make any changes in your team, nothing will improve and change miraculously.

• Please don't overrate Meryem. She is one of those players who only shines in weak teams. She was always like this since she was playing ilbank. I dont expect her to be scoring with high ratios with NT. I'm pretty sure Polen could also be scoring machine if she was playing in Seramiksan :roll:

By the way, Polen has better attacking ratio than Meryem (46.1% to %42.9) also her mistake ratios are lower than Meryem. To me, Polen is doing a better job than Meryem and considering her international experience, I would have counted on her more than Meryem. :whistle:

I think Meryem is slow and has a bad technique, though she uses her physical advantage well. Unfortunately it will be unfair to not invite her to NT when she played an entire season and scored fine while Polen spent most of the season in the bench. If Seda keeps playing opposite in GS and keeps her performance well, I would go for Seda & Meryem duo and give them a chance. What I understood from Guidetti is, he will prefer players playing in starting 6 of their teams and he won't consider bench players. On the other hand, it is also possible that all three are invited since Seda can also play OH, to test whether Meryem or Polen works better in the NT.