Turkish League 2016/2017

• I`m sorry but Maja is not the problem and neither is Nilay, if so why Boskovic and even Kosheleva can kill the ball? Larson is the problem can`t blame on anybody else. You can`t tell but she`s 30 already, and your body and mind changes a lot. But I do believe or at least hope she can play better at the CL. Because I do want Vitra winning the World Tittle again.

and remember even in the Olympics Larson was not effective in attack, at the crucial moments of the 5set against Serbia, even with Lowe and Robinson getting blocked, Glass would not even set to Larson because she knew she could not kill the ball.

People calm down, Larson will show what amazing players She is when times come. She still amazing player with her amazing reception, with her defence and with her smart attacks. This seasons She is getting so bad sets most of the time. I'm angry because she can't show better performance in attack because of bad setters. Even Maja is playing so bad I don't like her at all in Vitra. Vitra doesn't need her when they have Kosheleva, Boskovoic and average MBs. That is fact...

Bricio is not even close to Larson level lol.

• She could. But I don`t think she would want to leave China. That`s why I said Channing because she`s only 20. Remember the Chinese players retire really early. At 25 in China they are considered elderly players olololo. I`m not sure but I think even Chunlei will be retiring, and she`s what 27 maybe? !!!

what about Hui Ruoqi ?
    can she manage to undertake the passing of ECV ?

• I agree to the earlier comment, setters are not the problem, the system can be. But in general, give Maja 40-50% perfect receiving and let her play her game without coach pressure, you will see how the team will attack. Right now, everyone in receiving is shaky in Eczacibasi and Barbolini is probably making Maja crazy with what he is demanding. :whistle:

They don't need much, a new manager, a new but ambitious trainer, a local defensive good OH (Birgul Guler?) and a solid local MB (Bahar Toksoy?).

• Hande is only 19! I mean do you know what 19 means.. still a teen.. People here saying she's hopeless case.. You can't compare every young girl with Boskovic and Zhu Ting.. yes they are the same age, but that's why they are so popular and unique, not any 19 years old can do that.. Logan was also great at the age of 19 and made it to the Olympics, but Larson is also a world class OH who started to play for the NT 8 years ago, and was far from the best in the world. On the other hand Wang Yimei at the age of 20 a great Olympics simply crushing everyone and where is she now? How long did she stay on top? Mu point is, Hande is still very young and has time to improve in all elements, she just needs work and experience

• She could. But I don`t think she would want to leave China. That`s why I said Channing because she`s only 20. Remember the Chinese players retire really early. At 25 in China they are considered elderly players olololo. I`m not sure but I think even Chunlei will be retiring, and she`s what 27 maybe? !!!

I wouldn't actually take the risk of transferring a player from Asia where the style is very different. If so, if I am looking for a defensive OH, I would look at Japanese market. But hey, why not transfer Kelsey Robinson from the beginning when you know she can carry the receiving load? She would be a perfect match for both Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce! Other option could be Fe Garay, no clue where she is now. Gabi used to be good like 2 years ago too, no clue how her recent shape is.

About Natalia, I am not all that satisfied with her performance actually. She doesn't have incredibly good attacking ratios, besides they transferred Maret to cover her in receiving. She is doing well, but Im sure they could find a better OH and OPP than Natalia & Maret duo.

• Hande is only 19! I mean do you know what 19 means.. still a teen.. People here saying she's hopeless case.. You can't compare every young girl with Boskovic and Zhu Ting.. yes they are the same age, but that's why they are so popular and unique, not any 19 years old can do that.. Logan was also great at the age of 19 and made it to the Olympics, but Larson is also a world class OH who started to play for the NT 8 years ago, and was far from the best in the world. On the other hand Wang Yimei at the age of 20 a great Olympics simply crushing everyone and where is she now? How long did she stay on top? Mu point is, Hande is still very young and has time to improve in all elements, she just needs work and experience

I think that's what they were trying to say. Hande is not a hopeless case herself but she will be if she has trainers like Caprara and Barbolini. It is unfortunately important for players at that age to have good managers, who tell them promoting yourself as a player is more important than earning more money and medals by sitting at the bench. If they don't find a better coach who works well with youngsters, I would love to see Hande Baladin in GS for a season, Ataman can teach her a lot too :win:

• But Zhu is doing so well, is like she`s at home, I think other chinese players would just do the same thing.

Fe Garay is playing for Evergrande in China, she will stay with the team if they qualify for the Main division, but if not, Tianjin will make her a offer.

do you mean Gabi Guimaraes from Rexona? If so, well she is only 21 or 22 years old. But also, she will not leave Bernardinho. Natalia did because she had no other option due the financial crises in Brazil.

Hande is only 19! I mean do you know what 19 means.. still a teen.. People here saying she's hopeless case.. You can't compare every young girl with Boskovic and Zhu Ting.. yes they are the same age, but that's why they are so popular and unique, not any 19 years old can do that.. Logan was also great at the age of 19 and made it to the Olympics, but Larson is also a world class OH who started to play for the NT 8 years ago, and was far from the best in the world. On the other hand Wang Yimei at the age of 20 a great Olympics simply crushing everyone and where is she now? How long did she stay on top? Mu point is, Hande is still very young and has time to improve in all elements, she just needs work and experience

I wouldn't actually take the risk of transferring a player from Asia where the style is very different. If so, if I am looking for a defensive OH, I would look at Japanese market. But hey, why not transfer Kelsey Robinson from the beginning when you know she can carry the receiving load? She would be a perfect match for both Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce! Other option could be Fe Garay, no clue where she is now. Gabi used to be good like 2 years ago too, no clue how her recent shape is.

About Natalia, I am not all that satisfied with her performance actually. She doesn't have incredibly good attacking ratios, besides they transferred Maret to cover her in receiving. She is doing well, but Im sure they could find a better OH and OPP than Natalia & Maret duo.

• But hey, why not transfer Kelsey Robinson from the beginning when you know she can carry the receiving load? She would be a perfect match for both Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce!

Robinson was who I thought of first as well but is she really a better player than Larson? I know Larson has not had a good season, but I expect she can still do better than this. To me Barbolini must be the problem because there is no other reason that all these great players would be underperforming, it simply must come down to bad coaching IMO

• I wouldn't actually take the risk of transferring a player from Asia where the style is very different. If so, if I am looking for a defensive OH, I would look at Japanese market. But hey, why not transfer Kelsey Robinson from the beginning when you know she can carry the receiving load? She would be a perfect match for both Eczacibasi and Fenerbahce! Other option could be Fe Garay, no clue where she is now. Gabi used to be good like 2 years ago too, no clue how her recent shape is.

EcV needs a defensive OH but at the same time she should be able to attack to a good extent to be a player of EcV..Japanese players are good in passing,defending but they live hardship attacking against high blocks in europe..so that would be a wrong choice..i said Hui bcz she can attack as well but if her passing and defence enough for ECV im not sure

Brazilian Gabi needsa few more years in Brazil then she can be a good choice for EcV
    Garay and Robinson are good players

• Just a example. Anne got in Brazil and she was playing really bad, she was been replaced almost every game. A lot of people were saying hiring were was a huge mistake ( including me). But slowly she started to get better and better. She still make some mistakes passing, but she has improved a lot and in attack she is a great. She`s gaining a lot of confidence. And I`m sure Bernardo has something to do with that. At the Brazil`s Cup she was awesome.

Bernanrdo does not replace her after she makes a silly mistake, something like Guidetti would do with her all the time.

If Bernardinho was coaching Vitra, nobody would be able to take them down.

• Robinson was who I thought of first as well but is she really a better player than Larson? I know Larson has not had a good season, but I expect she can still do better than this. To me Barbolini must be the problem because there is no other reason that all these great players would be underperforming, it simply must come down to bad coaching IMO

i agree..first one to blame in the team must be Barbolini
    of course if Ecv gets CL or TL then first one to congratulate will be him as well

• Guys are we really done complaining about EczV? :lol: Let's talk about the MBs, I mean we all know Ceylan and Busra are pretty much useless but did anyone see Adams play today? She was replaced by Ceylan because she was making mistakes over and over again and getting blocked all the time. Don't even want to talk avout the fact that Ceylan did a better job when she was on court which is crazy as she hits the ball like a little girl :thumbdown:

IMO the problem with EczV is EVERYTHING :rolll:
    Before the season started it all looked so perfect, a dream team. But tbh I think it was too good to be true in our minds. Those players with that coach simply don't work. There is no balances squad like with Vakif or FB, there is a CL and a TL squad. The players are not connecting very well. Reception is terrible. Eczacibasi need deep cleaning. They have to fire Nalan Ural and Barbollini, get rid of Kosheleva (Hande as starter). Find better local MBs and a defensive local OH and maybe a talented local setter. This way they would have a balanced squad as well.

Or they can just do the same thing all over again and lose against teams like Seramiksan who even missed their two strongest players Meryem Boz (OPP) and American Tow-Arnett (MB) :gone:

• But Zhu is doing so well, is like she`s at home, I think other chinese players would just do the same thing.

Fe Garay is playing for Evergrande in China, she will stay with the team if they qualify for the Main division, but if not, Tianjin will make her a offer.

do you mean Gabi Guimaraes from Rexona? If so, well she is only 21 or 22 years old. But also, she will not leave Bernardinho. Natalia did because she had no other option due the financial crises in Brazil.

Actually, Gabi told in a live broadcast, on her Facebook, that she pretends to play abroad, she just didn't say when. It could be next year or in 2020. About Fe Garay, I didn't know about this offer from Tianjin. I just hope she doesn't accept it. It's really hard to follow the chinese championship from here in Brazil, and it's not really a tournament that attracts me.

• About Eczacibasi, I think there are definitely more than just one problem there. I agree with everyone here saying that Barbolini does a terrible job. I've already said that, but I really don't know how he could thought Kosheleva would handle with the pressure of receiving. She wasn't a receiver in Krasnodar and also in the NT. So I have no idea how he thought she could receive. Another thing is about Larson's phase, but no one could predict that. She is a World class player and, IMO, the most important player for ECZ, but she is just not doing a good job receiving and even a worse job in attack. And I really don't see any player who could take her place next season. Players like Sokolova, Logan Tom, Jaqueline, Saori, who could receive well and also have a good % in attack are really rare nowadays.

For me, if ECZ wants to have a MB of the level of Thaisa and a setter like Maja who can play really fast, they should prioritize OH with good reception, even if they are not so good in attack, like Robinson, Werblinska, Shcherban.

• seems like everything i wrote about 2 weeks ago is coming true some people were dissing me for calling barbolini bad coach then some people said i was hating and border line racist for calling adams bad and average mb i pointed out ecz needs good local mb and i said bahar should be perfect i mean i dont take pleasure in saying told u so but i was right on everything ecz needs to be more balanced and i think robinson would actually best option for them werblinska days are gone and scherban is to up and down i would like to see stevanovic or veljkovic in vitra so they get that great dual mb line, for vakif hill and slootjes havent been all that great i think brakocevic might have a comeback to vakif the way she has been playing lately

• Larson is not a player like a Del Core who keeps a constant level throughout season, instead, she is more Jacqueline-like player who kinda 'picks' decisive matches that she will play really good. When it matters (champions league final) she really puts a good performance. She does not put good attacking ratios for last 2 seasons in the league but she does not make much mistakes too, she has a good ball control so she manages to keep the ball running in the rally instead of recklessly attacking into the well-prepared blocks. That's why she seems to have low attacking ratios. There are not much alternatives to Larson in the market. Robinson is not better than Larson at reception and she has been worse than Larson at attacking so far in Conegliano and she does not have even half of the experience Larson has. On the other hand, Japan might be the worse place to look for defensive players indeed. They are system players and through their development they do not have to cover another offensive OH. That's why even best Japanes OHs, Saori, screwed badly in Europe. She is simply not used to cover that much space of the floor. For covering Kosheleva's deficiency at reception, one should have a player such as Scherban or Marcon.

About Sloetjes, I agree that she chokes big time at almost all decisive matches against big teams while shining against mediocre teams. She is not kind of player who 'carries' her team. However, there are not much options for top Opps. I can only think of Egonu who could be great under guidance of Guidetti but I do not believe that she would want to play abroad at such a young age. Rykhliuk is one the Opps who is in top shape but probably she would stay in Volero where she has already been playing for 4 years. Skowronska was doing a good job but she is severely injured now. I am not sure if Goncharova has still a contract with Moscow and even not, it is a question mark if she would want to play abroad.

I also disagree with you about Hill and Natalia. Hill is a great joker player who can be effective as both OH and Opp who is really necessary for a team with inconsistent Gözde and Sloetjes. I think Hill is doing great job as back-up spiker. Natalia is one of the best OHs with decent reception that FB can find in the market. I think FB should try to keep both Kim and Natalia for next season who seem to be working great as OH duos.

It seems like I disagree with you a lot for this post although I am generally on the same page in most of other topics :drink: :lol:

• About Sloetjes, I agree that she chokes big time at almost all decisive matches against big teams while shining against mediocre teams.

She did not choke at the 2 super important matches against Vitra at CL did she? She scored 17 and 21 points. Or should we consider Vitra as mediocre team and winning those 2 matches as not important?.

But talking about OPP. I do want to see Rahimova playing in Europe next season.
    She has phenomenal in Japan, I want to see if she can do the same in Turkey/Italy or even Brazil. Also there`s Rachel Rourke she has been outstanding in China.

And to be fair, as far as I know, when has Larson been a dominant player? I can just remember her last season in Kazan and first season with Vitra. Basically around 2014/2016. She only reached her best around the age of 25/26, that`s why when someone says Hande or Akman are terrible, they should consider they have a lot of time ahead of them to improve.

Who knows, maybe Tiffany Pereira could be great for Vitra or any Top team. I`m still not sure if it is fair, but if everyone is on board. She is used to receive very powerful men`s serve, the women`s serve should be a piece of cake for her.

• andre Marquin.

Tomen posted on the Transfers page about Fe Garay getting offers to stay in China.

And it is actually easier to follow the Chinese league than the Brazilian, even for you in Brazil. In Brazil only 1 or 2 games gets televised each round. In the Chinese League every single game of the league gets streamed live. I think you are new here, and you probably don`t know, but if you go to the Chinese League 2016/2017 on this blog, you will see that Tomen did a fantastic job for us, posting the link for every single game every week and also posting the stats for every single game,

This was my first year watching the Chinese League and I was really impressed.