Turkish League 2016/2017

• Yes but not only about this. You guys give up on a player like she is trash. Sloetjed played a great season last year and she was your favourite player, you basically loved her, and now? She is playing not as good as last season you give up on her like she is trash you can throw her away (in this example out of the team). Maybe there are other reasons why she can't play on the level if last season? Why don't you think she can do it better in the next matches or even next season? She is not playing bad but your comparisons sucks, every player has ups and downs maybe last season was her season where she had an up where she pushed herself to improve and also for Guidetti for the NT? Why don"t you guys think in this way? But you insist of replacing every player only because her level dropped?

Keep in mind: if someones level dropped, it can always get higher again.

What I personally as a turkish german hate, is this kind of image from the turkish league, those three teams have an picture in your mind like they are THE best teams in the world (best can be defined in many terms not only having the strongest players), like there can't be one team that they can defeat them. I got this in my mind because you made me.this with your posts, its kind of like they arenthe gods of volleyball, in a way the last monster to beat for example in video games, especially Vakif and their performance in 2013.
    If a player is playing bad, you guys immidiately think of some other players to replace this player and always announcing best players I mean where does this end? There is not always a better player than this and this player I mean how could this end? Lets say Kim is playing really bad in Vakif not like she used to do, which player do you want to replace her? Where does this end? Why always seeing the individual performance? Dont forget volleyball is a team sport it doesn't matter if you have the best players like for all it is ECZ Vitra and can't play as a team. Maybe there are other problems in Vakif between players, coaches, personal problems which can influence a player?
    I am full to read all this, we are talking about a team which played excellent this season so far and you are throwing players like trash to get replaced by others. Maybe the coach made a mistake? You never know, it can be anything.
    Please stop crticising a team so much only because it couldn't win its 100 th straight set match !!

• No Fatma Yildirim is not my favourite player ahahaha I deleted all my favs one day because they were all playing bad and Fatma was receiving good then and then just put only Fatma because it looked funny when she was alone to me. I never changed it, look at my pf it's not even her. I personally don't even like Fatma that much xD but she can receive well.

Also about Gozde I'm sorry, she knew her position in Eczacibasi and I don't think she has a passion for Vollleybal when she jumps like that also she was never that good even if she went back to her old form, it was not good. So I don't know why you are comparing this with Vakif's situation :') Gozde is not spectacular and never has been. Let's move on and look at all the other big talents we have in our Turkish league.

• Where did this bashing of commenters came from? Sorry but I love it that someone keeps this thread busy and we actually discuss Turkish league as much as others. Please stop criticising users, as long as they share their opinion in a nice way.

Coming back to subject, Harboboy, your argument is very wrong in my opinion. Losing to one team is of course not a problem, for example if Vakifbank lost to Canakkale, noone would talk about it as a big problem. But losing to your main opponent two times this season and the last one was 3-0 with no fight at all is a terrible sign. That is not about 1 single match, that is actually a mental dominance by Fenerbahce against Vakifbank. We all are almost sure that this two will play finals in Turkish league, who is the favourite? Mine is Fenerbahce right now, like many others, because they trashed Vakifbank two times recently and took already one cup from their hands.

Besides, these 3 teams are indeed the world's almost best teams. Are you aware that Eczacibasi won World Club Championship last summer? Vakifbank was there as well...

Unfortunately, we all would agree that these 3 teams have huge budgets and they can simply afford any player on the world. We also know that Slöetjes earn well in this team. If she is performing bad, what can be more natural than replacing her with a better option? This is not charity work after all, these teams make investments and their managers want to see results not promises about next seasons etc. Hard facts of sports being industrialised.

I don't necessarily agree about Gözde Yilmaz. I think she is having a terrible time mentally, what else can explain her stay in Eczacibasi, knowing she won't have any chance to play? I hope she makes up her mind and starts playing in a mediocre team next season.

Besides all, thank you for your comments about players, it is a pleasure to read what others think about the same players that I watch and see from different perspectives. I sometimes feel like I miss a lot :drink:

• Meatballs, I guess you didn't get my point! I am not talking about stopping the criticism. It is my opinion that it is toooo much criticism because Vakif lost 2 matches and okay yes maybe in the same result but does this allow anyone here to criticise them like they are losing all the time? Look at the comments, people replace the player immidiately! Where does this end finding always an other best player than this one who is having a bad season?

Lets compare this with Eczacibasi, at the beginning of the season after creating a team like this, everyone and YES everyone thought they would be unstoppable, no one can win against them and what do you see right now? They are losing even to team which are lower than their level, so who should replace Ogjenovic, Boskovic, Kosheleva, Larson, Thaisa, Adams? Who should replace Sloetjes next season and if this player is also not good who is replacing her? Who is replacing Zhu? What I am saying is, that the players are not always the ones who should be blamed for the loss, even if its their performance you can never know and the criticism here is in my opinion too much.

• Sloetjes is too good of a player to just toss aside after a few poor performances. If she plays well at the end of the season then this debate will go away. How many OPPs are there in the world who you could rely on to do a better job? Not many and we don't know how available any of them would be. Of course if Vakifbank think they can replace her with a better option they should try but there are not many better choices

• Sloetjes is too good of a player to just toss aside after a few poor performances. If she plays well at the end of the season then this debate will go away. How many OPPs are there in the world who you could rely on to do a better job? Not many and we don't know how available any of them would be. Of course if Vakifbank think they can replace her with a better option they should try but there are not many better choices

Agreed. I find this kind of criticism quite pointless, a player is bad then should be replaced. But with whom?

Sloetjes is not having a great season but she is the best one to keep for Vakıf

• Agreed. I find this kind of criticism quite pointless, a player is bad then should be replaced. But with whom?

Sloetjes is not having a great season but she is the best one to keep for Vakıf

Exactly what I mean with the criticisms, people judge her based on her performance from the fener matches and they decide that she should be replaced! If Vakif had won this match, everyone would be quite besides her poor performance. If Vakif wins CL and TL than anybody would say they should keep everyone in the team but if they lose it is always easy to announce the one whos fault it was!

• Exactly what I mean with the criticisms, people judge her based on her performance from the fener matches and they decide that she should be replaced! If Vakif had won this match, everyone would be quite besides her poor performance. If Vakif wins CL and TL than anybody would say they should keep everyone in the team but if they lose it is always easy to announce the one whos fault it was!

I understand you guys and sure, sometimes people are being harsh at players immediately after a loss. I have been writing here for a long time that Slöetjes is not the same and Im standing behind my opinion. It's not about Fenerbahce matches, this season in general, she looks weaker than the past season and I tried to explain this earlier with her physical condition. Maybe playing in this level, in 3-4 really important tournaments simultaneously made her go weak and she didn't notice it. Last season she had Sheila as sub who could make her rest at times and also push her to play at her best all the time. I think signing Melis was a bad idea from the beginning who cannot replace Slöetjes in Turkish league and let her rest. I can't come up with a better name than her right now, Boskovic sure but an impossible transfer, can be alternatives like Mihajlovic, Rahimova or Fabris. But apart from all, I would rather focus on finding a good local opposite who can play and make Lönneke rest and that person is not Melis.

• I understand you guys and sure, sometimes people are being harsh at players immediately after a loss. I have been writing here for a long time that Slöetjes is not the same and Im standing behind my opinion. It's not about Fenerbahce matches, this season in general, she looks weaker than the past season and I tried to explain this earlier with her physical condition. Maybe playing in this level, in 3-4 really important tournaments simultaneously made her go weak and she didn't notice it. Last season she had Sheila as sub who could make her rest at times and also push her to play at her best all the time. I think signing Melis was a bad idea from the beginning who cannot replace Slöetjes in Turkish league and let her rest. I can't come up with a better name than her right now, Boskovic sure but an impossible transfer, can be alternatives like Mihajlovic, Rahimova or Fabris. But apart from all, I would rather focus on finding a good local opposite who can play and make Lönneke rest and that person is not Melis.

this

• lets talk about the stats overall ,top 3 players in all the elements depending on the ranking index so far :

Best Liberos :
    1.Nihan Güneyligil (Galatasaray)
    2.Derya Çayırgan (Halkbank)
    3.Gülden Kuzubaşıoğlu (Eczacıbaşı Vitra)

Best Spikers :
    1.Zhu Ting (Vakıfbank)
    2.Mia Jerkov (Çanakkale B.)
    3.Dora Horvath (Bursa BB.)

Best Opposites :
    1.Tijana Boşkoviç (Eczacıbaşı Vitra)
    2.Ceren Kestirengöz (Çanakkale B.)
    3.Joyce Gomes Da Silva (Bursa BB.)

Best Middle Blockers :
    1.Milena Raşiç (Vakıfbank)
    2.Beyza Arıcı (Çanakkale B.)
    3.Sinead Jack (Galatasaray)

Best Setters :
    1.Ezgi Dilik (Fenerbahçe)
    2.Naz Aydemir Akyol (Vakıfbank)
    3.Cansu Özbay (Vakıfbank)

• apart from the ranking index
    best blockers in TL

Cemre Erkul Janset from Nilüfer B. : 215 Blocks in 72 sets of 19 matches
    Beyza Arıcı from Çanakkale B. : 213 Blocks in 76 sets of 19 matches
    Susan Jessica Tow-Arnett from Seramiksan : 211 blocks in 72 sets of 18 matches

Cemre Erkul Janset is 20-yo, 186 cm tall but an athletic player

Soryy, but how is that possible that they have over 200 blocks in 70 sets? It means that they have 3/per set and for example 15 blocks in 5-set match? :white: Something is not right here.

• Soryy, but how is that possible that they have over 200 blocks in 70 sets? It means that they have 3/per set and for example 15 blocks in 5-set match? :white: Something is not right here.

These are not block points, but includes all touches like block outs, invasions and rebounds. For example Beyza Arici has only 54 blocks.

• this

I am not sure what you meant by "this", but if I go back at all these 44 pages, Im sure I will find each of you guys criticising a player. This discussion is so ridiculous in a forum where we are supposed to discuss players, matches, trainers, anything about volleyball. :wavy:

• Coming back to today's match, I expect a 3-0 or 3-1 win from Fenerbahce. GS has not shown a solid performance against Fenerbahce this season. I hope it will be a good match anyway!

• As I predicted, the best blocker in the world, Jessica Jones is leading by far in block stuff.

1 - Jessica Jones 78
    2 - Sinead Jack 56
    3 - Beyza Arici 54
    4 - Milena Rasic 50
    5 - Eda erdem 48

By the end of the play-outs she will have 100+ blocks as every season... :lol:

• Quoted from "Meatballs"

I am not sure what you meant by "this", but if I go back at all these 44 pages, Im sure I will find each of you guys criticising a player. This discussion is so ridiculous in a forum where we are supposed to discuss players, matches, trainers, anything about volleyball.

"this" just means she agrees with what you said

• Weird decisions by referees in Fenerbahce - Galatasaray match now. GS got the first set 30-28 but Eda's serve was in and Fenerbahce was supposed to close the set. I think there were 5-6 wrong decisions already for both teams.

KYK is keeping Fenerbahce alive, what a player! :super:

• Weird decisions by referees in Fenerbahce - Galatasaray match now. GS got the first set 30-28 but Eda's serve was in and Fenerbahce was supposed to close the set. I think there were 5-6 wrong decisions already for both teams.

KYK is keeping Fenerbahce alive, what a player! :super:

It was clearly out. Mistakes for both sides and not little ones.

• If you decide to have the Video challenge TVF then you shoukd take care about that it is possible in every hall and if not then the matches should not be played in this hall until there is a video challenge available for this hall. In this case the match should have been played at Burhan Felek.