Turkish League 2016/2017

• Will the political turmoil in Turkey spill over into Turkish professional volleyball?

Turkey's Erdoğan threatens once again Europe: "If Europe continues this way, no European in any part of world can walk safely on streets."

If he makes this statement about any part of the world you can only imagine what the impact will be on his followers in Turkey. German Turkish spat threatens to reach new heights of misunderstanding and distrust.

From the outside world it looks like Erdogan is seeking to Putinize Turkey with the lief motif being Islamic Turkish Nationalism as opposed to Russian Orthodox Nationalism. Even the USA is now caught up in a move towards Christian American Nationalism.

It would be a shame to see a collapse of the Turkish Leagues ability to attract foreign players. The drama of the upcoming CL matches is enough for me although I am safely embedded in the great blue/green state of Oregon, birthplace of Kim Hill who last year at this time broke out of her USNT Karche -funk to help guide Vakifbank to victory over then Turkish league leading Fenerbache and then on to be MVP of Turkish league playoffs where she out played Kim.

This year will she even get off the bench or will Guidetti once again take a chance to insert her in the starting lineup. The MVP Hill teamed with Zhu would bring a winning formula to VB. We know better tomorrow who will rise to the challenge.

• I didn't understand golden set rule. It's like European Cups (if standing points are equal there is golden set) or like in Turkish Cup (to go to golden set it has to be same 1 victory each team and same sets ratio and same points ratio)?

if both teams mutually get 3 points (3-0 or 3-1) in either match then golden set will be played without taking into account the sets ratio
    3-0 or 3-1 : 3 points
    3-2 : 2 points
    2-3 :1 point

• usantvolleyball :(
    if he wins i dont know what will happen and what kind of impact this will leave on volleyball in turkey

on Kim Hill : one way or another she will get the chanche of playing in case of a bad performance of one of the starters or maybe she will be a starter..VB will need her against Fener or Vitra at the finals even against Gala at the semis

• usantvolleyball could u pls stop spreading your nazistic like propaganda,usa great britain,germany,france,holland and all former colonial powers shouldnt comment on anything seeing what they did in past and still are doing nowdays, i see u are here keeping so called track record on others countries so u should know how many innocent people has usa killed last 100 years and how many countires have u guys attacked?,just to be clear i m against what erdogan is saying and all but someone that has done far worse things shouldnt comment at all if they had any morals what so ever! ps see u talking about putin and erdogan nationalism yet for u american exceptionalism (america above rest ) is totally fine let me remind u who also tought like that some 70 years ago yepp the nazis

• WHY did you bring the political talks here??? ?(

Erdogan is just bidding his political and economic negotiation with Merkel and the Brussel oligarchs, issues like this is liquid like water :D

Btw WHAT's wrong with Vladimir Putin, Russia and its Orthodox Church? All who read do know all the mainstream media (MSM) across the both sides of Atlantic are demonizing Putin relentlessly and in unison ever since the coup d'état in Kiev during the Sochi Winter Olympics, which was coordinated by Mrs. Victoria 'Fxxx the EU' Nuland, Geoffrey R. Pyatt, George Soros and their cohort. And the propaganda attacks became even worse ever since Crimean people voted to rejoin their motherland, the Russian Federation. Good that Donald Trump realized the Fake News media so he ditched them from the White House.

Needless to say, if society is facing dire hardships in political, economical situations then sports and many other less fundamental activities will be sacrificed first, after all sports are simply for leisure and entertainment.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• usantvolleyball could u pls stop spreading your nazistic like propaganda,usa great britain,germany,france,holland and all former colonial powers shouldnt comment on anything seeing what they did in past and still are doing nowdays, i see u are here keeping so called track record on others countries so u should know how many innocent people has usa killed last 100 years and how many countires have u guys attacked?,just to be clear i m against what erdogan is saying and all but someone that has done far worse things shouldnt comment at all if they had any morals what so ever! ps see u talking about putin and erdogan nationalism yet for u american exceptionalism (america above rest ) is totally fine let me remind u who also tought like that some 70 years ago yepp the nazis

WTF? usantvolleyball is not responsible for what other people from his/her country have done, I agree that those countries are no better than anywhere else, but that doesn't mean no one from there is allowed an opinion

PS the poster never mentioned American exceptionalism, you don't know their position on that

This is in danger of going :offtopic: so I'm not gonna get into a debate about this, I have no idea how Erdogan may affect volleyball in the future

• Sorry for being :offtopic: but

I understand why people may get worried about what might happen if Erdogan wins again. But honestly I don't think he has a big chance to win this time, he's really being desperate right now with everything he does which shows how bad the situation is for him. He's been behind in all realistic pollings. The 16th will be the start of the end for him...
    And btw I don't get how he's making Nazistic comments according to you @Shiznut We should leave the past where it is and leave it behind us and focus on moving forward in the best way we can to improve ourselves.

So that was really :offtopic: but my point is that I don't think bad things will happen to Turkish Volleyball because there is a slim chance Erdogan will win this IMHO.

• well maybe then he shouldnt comment on political stuff at all on volleyball forum ? it aint me or u that brought it up did we now? i m sick and tired of people from countries mentioned thinking they are god given commenting on stuff all around world and not seeing what their countries are actually like and i find it funny or cinical him commenting on nationalism of any country when worst rednecks/rasists are in the usa,and yes i dont know his position on american exceptionalism but seeing he didnt mentioned it instead he mentioned Christian American Nationalism tells me a)he thinks it is a normal thing (american value) b) isnt aware the second one is actually way worse then thing he mentioned cause loads of people died cause someone 70 years ago thought the same thing ,just my 2 cents and i dont get why is it allways people from western countries bringing politics into sports if u want politics go to political forum where u can discuss your political views this is not the place to do it period, and i didnt accuse of him doing anything but his country same as he accused others he mentioned

• Gs is leading 1-0 now against Halkbank!

Nihan crashed with Guldeniz in defense and got injured. Very likely that her neck muscles stretched, which gives a temporary pain. Ataman replaced second libero Isil Öz with Leys during the last 2-3 points :what:

Edit: Now Nihan is already back, so it was a simple one.

• Güldeniz is the best amongst the local players in terms of concluding the fast sets in a good way..maybe amongst the foreign OHs too

I think Anne Buijs is one of the best at that aspect too. That explains why they insisted so much on transferring her than Seda. With all my respect to Seda, she is a bit slow for this tempo unfortunately, same with Centoni...

• i hope Gala can play this game against Kazan too..

with this win of Gala over Halkbank
    what's certain is that Gala is going to play Bursa BB at playoffs QF

I think, whole table is certain now.

Eczacibasi - Besiktas

Fenerbahce - Nilüfer

• Btw
    those who want to watch a match from the finals of second division( voleybol 1 Ligi) (matches to be promoted to Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi)

14:00 (CET) Ilbank - Samsun B. Anakent Çay TV live

link :
    Çay TV

Samsun Anakent has Cuban Cleger and German Izquierdo

all the matche are going to be broadcast by Çay TV ( i can write whole calendar if you'd like me to to do)

• Mathematically Eczacıbaşı Vitra could be 2nd and Beşiktaş 7th depending on the results of the matches on tomorrow
    Nilüfer B. is already out of the playoffs
    your table is not correct..Halkbank is 7th and Beşiktaş is currently 8th.. Nilüfer B. 10th and Sarıyer B. is 12nd

• the Calendar of Playoffs Quarterfinals :

18:00 (CEST) Beşiktaş - VakıfBank

15:00 (CEST) Çanakkale B. - Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    18:00 (CEST) Halkbank - Fenerbahçe

18:00 (CEST) VakıfBank - Beşiktaş

15:00 (CEST) Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Çanakkale B.
    18:00 (CEST) Fenerbahçe - Halkbank

18:00 (CEST)Bursa BB. - Galatasaray

18:00 (CEST) Galatasaray - Bursa BB

all the matches are going to be broadcast by NTV SPOR live
    which team gets more points after two matches will advance to semifinals in case of point equality: golden set will decide the eventual winner
    the teams which lose in the end will play 5th-8th place matches

NTV SPOR

• Relegation Round Matches :

Seramiksan
    Idman Ocağı
    Nilüfer B.
    Sarıyer B.

these 4 teams are going to play relegation round as 2 cycles

first cycle is going to be played on 2nd-3rd-4th April
    second cycle 8th-9th-10th April