Turkish League 2016/2017

• Bursa 3:2 Eczacibasi :white:

ECZ used Boskovic, Kosheleva and Thaisa as foreigners with Ognjenovic on the bench.

• It's a big mistake keeping Ognjenovic on the bench...

• Did you guys expect Eczacibasi to be competitive in the domestic league really? There is a huge gap between their foreign players and local ones. Only Gulden and Neslihan are good local players and Neslihan is far from her bright days. She reminds me a bit of old Sokolova these days. Btw a receiving line with Kosheleva and Hande Baladin is like a joke, but look at their squad, there is no single defensive local OH. They would benefit a lot by keeping Seyma Ercan or transferring one of the Fatma Yildirim, Guldeniz Önal or Esra trio.

Anyway, Larson was injured and didn't even warm up as far as I read; that explains why Kosheleva was playing.

To me, it looks quite obvious that Vakifbank will dominate the league this season with only 4 foreign player choice.

• Well, It was close 3-2, and ECZ just came back from Club Championship, they are still celebrating and were not even ready to play this match. And Bursa is a great team Joycinha with 27 points and Boskovic 21.

• Well, It was close 3-2, and ECZ just came back from Club Championship, they are still celebrating and were not even ready to play this match. And Bursa is a great team Joycinha with 27 points and Boskovic 21.

I agree about them coming late and being tired. But as much as I try, I really can't find a balanced, competitive 6 players for them in local league. The only player that has a guaranteed place is Larson. I don't think Barbolini can give up on Boskovic easily and definitely needs one of the foreign middles since Ceylan is a no no. That means: Nilay-Boskovic, Larson-Hande or Neslihan, Busra-Thaisa. Ognjenovic has to be on bench or on court because they don't have a good second local setter either so Nilay-Ognjenovic duo will be in squad almost always. They urgently need someone to fill the OH position in opposite of Larson, otherwise it will be a nightmare result in the league.

• To me, best option is to keep Ognjenoviç in the game aS much as possible by frequently double subbing Ognjenoviç-Hande and Nilay-Boskoviç. In the case of Larson's injury Neslihan-Kosheleva as OHs otherwise Hande-Kosheleva as OHs and Neslihan as Opp substitution

• To me, best option is to keep Ognjenoviç in the game aS much as possible by frequently double subbing Ognjenoviç-Hande and Nilay-Boskoviç. In the case of Larson's injury Neslihan-Kosheleva as OHs otherwise Hande-Kosheleva as OHs and Neslihan as Opp substitution

I agree. Nilay is a decent setter but I rarely watched her making a change for her team, somehow she doesnt have that winner soul that setters like Naz, Ognjenovic has. Then it is clear which foreigners they should have on court: Ognjenovic, Larson and one of the Thaisa-Adams duo. Hande's performance has been dissapointing me, hope that is a temporary period. Because they will need her and Neslihan to be on the court if these 3 foreigners play. I don't think this will be a very consistent 6 either.

However we know that Barbolini does not make too many changes in squad and usually keeps the same 6 throughout the season. So, in 1-2 matches we will get a better opinion of how Eczacibasi will play in the local league. :win:

• [Then it is clear which foreigners they should have on court: Ognjenovic, Larson and one of the Thaisa-Adams duo.

I disagree, Boskovic is their best player, and at least so far she`s the only one that can put with big numbers, Larson is having a hard time to score lately and she`s 30, is normal to slow during this time. Kosheleva is better attacker and more aggressive but her passing is a nightmare. And Darnel can not score as much as Boskovic , and she`s is turning into a all round player, in the Club WCH she was Vitra not only best spiker/score but their best blocker and server.

But Vitra will make to the playoffs no matter what and does not matter who plays during that time. Then when the playoffs come is the time to come up with the best line up.

• I on the other hand think that they don't need to have Maja on court if they have Boskovic and Kosheleva.. They are both scoring machines , the don't need perfect or fast sets.. however they need to have Thaisa on court, and also Larson because of the reception, so that leaves us with only 1 free spot. Hande can be the scoring Oh they need, so Boskovic can play.. Their 4th foreigner on court can be Kosheleva, so Barbollini can make a double sub, with Kosheleva instead of Hande, and Neslihan instead of Boskovic.. then Neslihan will receive and Kosheleva can focus on scoring..

• Maja has to be on the court or bench because Nilay is the only local setter they have in decent level. We are talking about Barbolini, he will never risk to have Nilay and the young local setter in the squad. Besides, with Nilay, I don't think Boskovic or anyone will score as much as they do with Maja. Larson is the only foreigner who is irreplaceable because there is no other defensive OH in their squad. Such a bad transfer policy, they simply could do much better if they transferred a local defensive OH and sent Gözde Yilmaz on loan and/or transferred a good local MB and sent Ceylan on loan. :mad:

• Good news, NTVspor seems to get the broadcasting rights again. They will broadcast Fenerbahce - Besiktas match this weekend, starting at 13 at sunday.

• Hello dear, i surfed for hours but i didn't manage to find official info. Did Idmanocagi solved its problem with the sponsor?

Idmanocagi played without foreigners because they couldnt issue their licenses since they failed to find a sponsor yet. They claimed that they will solve the problem this week though.

About Barcellini in Seramiksan, it is tricky because they signed with Selime Ilyasoglu couple of days ago who is also a OH.

Another mystery is, Esra Gumus Kirici from Sariyer did not play against Fenerbahce this week and they got aced tons. :white:

• I've just read that Marina Cvetanovic had a pre-contract with some turkish team but she decided to terminate it and play in Poland.
    Regan Hood-Scott had a contract in Turkey as well but she parte ways with this team.

• Hello dear, i surfed for hours but i didn't manage to find official info. Did Idmanocagi solved its problem with the sponsor?

Unfortunately no news about it yet officially but this is published in their local news: http://www.haber61.net/spor/id…oyuncu-krizi-h278103.html

It is saying that their main sponsor changed their mind at 17 October 2016 and decided to be sponsor only for their shirts which is like 10% of what they initially promised. They have lots of debt and without paying them, they are not able to provide licenses for foreign players. The text sounds quite pessimistic, as if they might play entire season without foreigners and relegate. To me, in such a case, it is very likely that they withdraw from the division in a couple of weeks. Lets hope they find a sponsor soon! :win:

P.s. Their sub opposite Cemre Erol is now transferred to a second division team and they used a MB as opposite

• I always complain and don`t understand how teams in Italy/Turkey/Germany for example has so many foreign players and do`t give chances for local players.

The NBA season just started and I was watching the other day Philadelphia vs OKC, and Philadelphia had 3 internatinal starters on their lineup ( Saric 22 years old from Croatia, Embiid 22 Camerron and Rodrigues 30 Canary Islands) and OKC had Adams 23 New Zealand and Kanter 24 Switzerland)

And I just watched Portland vs Denver, and Denver had 4 International on the starting line up ( Gallinari 28 Italy, Jokic 21 Serbia, Nurkic 20 Bosnia, Mudiay 20 Congo)

And they all make a lot of money, Serbian Jokic only 21 years old but he`s making U$$13 millions for the season. Evan Fournier (24) from France and Biyombo (24) from Congo are making U$$ 17 millions.

And the 2nd highest paid player of the season is AI Horford (30) from the Dominican Republic with U$$ 26 millions.

I knew they were a lot of foreign players, but I did not know they had all this power, I was thought there were mostly bench players. This season NBA will have 113 International Players from 41 different countries.

In the 2016 draft, 15 of the first 30 picks were international players. And there`s around 18 thousand players playing basketball in the NCAA and around 4 thousand available for draft and dreaming of NBA.

And I have never watched Baseball before, but I just watched the MLB finals ( American League ) which is considered to be one of the best in the World....... and I had no clue they were so many foreign players, mostly from Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, and they all make millions and millions . So I googled to find out there`s 230 international players in the League, and a lot of them are really the best players in the team. Last year`s MVP was Perez from Venezuela.

And in the American Soccer League, almost 50% of the starters are foreign players (248 of 564).

In the NHL ( Hockey) which is considered the best League in the World. Only 24% of the players are Americans.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bottom line, you guys wont ever hear me saying why Italy/Turkey/Germany are hiring international players and not local :lol: :lol: :lol:

here are the links with the stories, just so u guys wont think Im making this up

http://www.usatoday.com/story/…ki-gobert-gasol/92716260/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/…yers-born-outside-the-us/
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/…eresting-numbers-sideline
    http://www.tsn.ca/canadians-do…yers-this-season-1.380861

• This is called "They took our jobs" syndrome. There is even a southpark episode on that. From the economic perspective, I think the best ones should get the jobs/positions no matter where they are from and local ones should not be positively discriminated just because they are locals. It's a personal, political issue in its deep roots.

Fenerbahce got the first set from Besiktas, coming from 3 points back most of the time. I really liked Besiktas, they are fighting very well. They need to serve much better against Fenerbahce though. Fenerbahce received really really good in the first set, almost perfect all the time. Abbondanza is using Meliha as receiving opposite and Melis as libero, which seem to solved their receiving problems. Their short setters are a problem though.