Turkish League 2016/2017

• I get your point. But consider Lise is 24 and she's not that experienced yet. She's a NT member but only tournament s Belgium has played are Grand Prix and European Championship.

Yes but the rest of her team are almost having their first season in a senior team. Both centers, Tugba (OH), even Cagla Akin and Bihter (L) have not played at this level before. Cagla and Bihter were training with senior teams but had small times on court.

• Feel like Vakifbank is through a bottleneck period. Zhu has to receive betterl; if not, let her hit and let Hill in. Easy.

• Hecke is not that young but not that experienced either
    if Beşiktaş wants to form a more competitive team for the next season then they should find better foreigners than Belgians. what about A cuban ? Second division team's cuban player Ana Cleger as OPP ?
    or which Cubans can play as OPP too ?

Tuğba Şenoğlu should keep using jump serves

• No way :thumbdown: Ana Cleger for Lise van Hecke would be so stupid. I'd take Lise over her any day after seeing Cleger in 2nd league. Cleger wasn't even a starter in some matches :whistle:

I feel like Lise is not giving her all btw because she probably thinks they can't beat Vakif anyway which is a terrible attitude especially considering Vakif didn't have an easy time at all beating BJK. I can see that Rousseaux fights for every ball unlike Lise.

• Hecke is not that young but not that experienced either
    if Beşiktaş wants to form a more competitive team for the next season then they should find better foreigners than Belgians. what about A cuban ? Second division team's cuban player Ana Cleger as OPP ?
    or amongst which Cubans can play as OPP too ?

Tuğba Şenoğlu should keep using jump serves

Or they could focus more on local players. How about Hande Baladin?Meliha?Yamiz?Durul Melis.
    I just don`t get why you guys in Europe and especially in Turkey always assume a foreigner is always the better option. And I think the coaches and staff has the same mentality, and this goes to the players as well. They don`t play well because they dont have confidence, and there`s no confidence because nobody believes in them.

If next season for example, Baladin is not a starter for Vitra and still she chooses to stay on the bench another season, I will be totally done rooting and cheering for all Turkish players, because it is just a waste of time....they will never get anywhere. ;(

• Or they could focus more on local players. How about Hande Baladin?Meliha?Yamiz?Durul Melis.
    I just don`t get why you guys in Europe and especially in Turkey always assume a foreigner is always the better option. And I think the coaches and staff has the same mentality, and this goes to the players as well. They don`t play well because they dont have confidence, and there`s no confidence because nobody believes in them.

If next season for example, Baladin is not a starter for Vitra and still she chooses to stay on the bench another season, I will be totally done rooting and cheering for all Turkish players, because it is just a waste of time....they will never get anywhere. ;(

dont be that pessimistic..some of them are still young and can improve..i agree that f.e. Hande should be a starter in a mid -level team but unfortunately i dont think Vitra can let her go bcz they will want a talented local player in their bench ..its up to Hande to make a choice
    i hope Beşiktaş or another team in VVSL continue to invest in Tuğba Şenoğlu and the middles..im pessimistic about Meliha..all these girsl dont have good vision
    if VVSL keeps improving then it needs a few more years to have enough number of the local players of good quality (for yougsters to improve) then we can talk about them as you said but for now VVSL need good foreigners for competitive teams

• I kind of agree with both of u. Imo if Hande could go to Besiktas then this team would be even better and kind of a Club Italia of Turkey with all those talented youngsters. If they had also one extra strong foreign OPP for example then I don't see why they wouldn't be able to beat Vitra f.e. :D

Honestly I don't care much about those who are ruining their carreers (Yilmaz, Durul, Meliha) especially when I see girls like Yasemin, Tugba Senoglu, Beyza Arici and many more.

Imo Vitra should stop playing with all foreigners in CL but make a team for all leagues and cups with 3 foreigners only

• No way :thumbdown: Ana Cleger for Lise van Hecke would be so stupid. I'd take Lise over her any day after seeing Cleger in 2nd league. Cleger wasn't even a starter in some matches :whistle:

I feel like Lise is not giving her all btw because she probably thinks they can't beat Vakif anyway which is a terrible attitude especially considering Vakif didn't have an easy time at all beating BJK. I can see that Rousseaux fights for every ball unlike Lise.

Ana is a really good player.. she can hit really hard, great blocker, okay receiver, dangerous blocker, and can hit some good jump serves too.. I suppose her bad form this season is due to bad training and lower level matches.. She for sure is a better option than Lise, and can even play on better teams like Galatasaray or Brazil

• The big question is can they beat Volero without her? They looked shaky in their away match against BJK. I know Guidetti is innovative and I wonder if he will try to get Hill on the floor as MB against Volero. She played two years as a MB at Pepperdine U in her first two years of college. They are at risk to lose against Volero because Rasic brings so much with her blocking and front set attack. Last year they had her plus Robin. This year they have to fall back on Kubra and ?. It would be a huge disappointment to miss the finals but Volero is hungry for a break through. Zhu can only carry a team so far.

• Wow! Eczacibasi - Canakkale is probably the worst and most boring matches of this playoffs. Eczacibasi is incredibly bad, only relying on Boskovic; simply every ball goes to Boskovic. I havent seen Maja playing such a boring game ever but what can she do when noone else can kill the ball? The worse part is, Canakkale has nothing to stop Boskovic, although they know she will be the only one scoring.

At Canakkale's side, it is great they play with 3 attacking wings on paper. I honestly dont care about how they receive but why would you make them play when they cant kill a single ball either? Kulan is playing like a division 2 player in attacking. All she does is hitting towards zone 5, she has no other alternatives. No smart drops, no parallel hits, no hits on zone 4. God, I'm so pissed! I wish it was Besiktas playing against Eczacibasi and pushing them out of playoffs :mad: