Turkish League 2016/2017

• Vakıf is also serving well
    middle Aslı Kalaç should be more agile in defending...she is not that tall...she is as tall as an OH
    Gala as whole team is very good at defending except middles Jack and Aslı

• I only saw the last set, but it must have been a really good match by Gala :dance6: . Vakif may well still win, but this means 1 of the big 3 may miss out on CL next season :white:

• The Results of First Matches in Semifinals :

Eczacıbaşı Vitra SK - Fenerbahçe SK : 3-0 stats
    Neslihan Demir Güler 16 pts (% 64) Rachel Alexis Adams 11 (%) Büşra KIlıçlı 8 pts(%100,4 blocks) only Larson offensively was weak

Galatasaray SK - Vakıfbank SK : 3-0 stats
    very good game by Gala. Nadia Centoni 15 pts, Güldeniz Önal 12 pts(%65),Aslı Kalaç 12 pts (%73,3blocks) ,Sinead Jack 7 pts(%71).Leys stats aer weak but her serves in the last part of second set brought Gala the set :super: Zhu 20 pts (%59).Kübra and Lonneke were good but didnt get many balls due to good serves of Gala.

you can watch on youtube all the matches broadcast bt NTV SPOR

• Gizem is so out of shape, her reception is so bad and her attacking to. How old She is ? Actually her age are not even important because We saw a lot of players older than her and still playing good.

• I did not watch the game, I checked the stats and Sloetjes played the first 2 sets, she had only 7 points but 58% , seams like she was playing good but not getting enough balls? And why was she replaced if she was playing well? I hope she did not get injured ???

Vow what a upset would be in Vakifibank looses again....

• I did not watch the game, I checked the stats and Sloetjes played the first 2 sets, she had only 7 points but 58% , seams like she was playing good but not getting enough balls? And why was she replaced if she was playing well? I hope she did not get injured ???

Vow what a upset would be in Vakifibank looses again....

here Galatasaray - vakıfBank match's link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PNo-ZgMmGQ

this is Eczacıbaşı -Fenerbahçe match's link :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5j8zDL7Gb4

• Relegation Round

Day 5:
    Idman Ocağı - Sarıyer B. : 0-3 stats
    Seramiksan - Nilüfer B. : 1-3 stats
    it was a competitive match after first set commenting on the stats.Good games by Ceyda Aktaş and Alexsandra Bytsenko from Nilüfer B.

Standings Before the last Day :
    1.Seramiksan 27,87
    2.Nilüfer B. 24,71
    3.Sarıyer B. 22,3
    4.Idman Ocağı 15,45

great competition btw Nilüfer B and Sarıyer B. :super:
    tomorrow's Sarıyer B. - Nilüfer B. match :cheesy: will determine which team will stay in VVST next season

• i hope Gala wont live what they did live with Kazan against Vakıf..the case is pretty similar..if VB wins 3-0 or 3-1 then a golden set is going to be played btw them
    Vakıf is a better team than Kazan for sure but Gala is going to play the match in Burhan Felek Hall not in Russia :whistle:

• To answer a few questions above, I think Crovolley meant Gözde Sonsirma, not Gizem. Gözde is indeed 32 years old and there are rumours of her retiring after this season.

About Slöetjes being subbed, Gio did the right move. Although stats show that Zhu was aced only 3 times, she had terrible receiving despite Gözde & Gizem were covering her most of the time (she received only 7 times). Receiving with almost 2 didn't work well since Gizem Örge was aced 3 times as well. Vakifbank received much better when Hill was receiving. I believe that they will start with Hill-Gözde and Zhu trio in the second match.

The key to the win was Centoni in my opinion. She killed so many balls that were very critical and difficult to kill. That made GS side out easily in hard situations. Looks like they actually solved Vakifbank well because all Centoni did was hitting hard on parallel or hitting brutally on wherever Zhu was standing.

I am surprised by stats because GS didn't receive that well either. Especially Guldeniz is receiving terrible recently and she is being targeted by opponents. Gamze would use middles, especially Jack more often if receiving was better.

Very good job by Ataman! That double substitution worked well. Seda was a monster at those periods. Nursevil's setting is shaky, I'm glad referee called only 1 carry when she played a quick set to Jack. I wouldn't say it was a carry but since they called one of Naz's good sets as double touch, I guess they had to do it. What I really really hated is, all Vakifbank players and Guidetti yelling every time Nursevil set the ball. Yes, referees are unfair to Naz but that doesn't mean you can put pressure on a young player and react everytime she touches the ball! :down:

A note from twitter! Gamze liked a tweet sent to Giovanni saying something like "Isn't it time to call Gamze to the NT". This is the first time I see her showing that she would like to play!