Turkish League 2016/2017

• Vitra wins 3-0 31/29 25/20 27/25, thanks to Boskovic with 22 points, But if they keep going like this, always depending on Boskovic, soon enough she will wear out.

Looks like ECZ has been struggling a little too much against an Idmanocagi with only locals. :/ Seems like it even could have even ended 0-3 if they did not have Boskovic.

• Oh, I missed that post, sorry.. Thank you for the info dear, that is sad, hope they manage to solve this problem.

Are their foreign transfers blocked by CEV? I think CEV changed the policy and block transfers soon after receiving requests from players...
    It looks like polish club Wisła Warszawa (this team is not playing in highest polish division) is temporary blocked because Nikolina Kovacić is mad that they parted ways with her last season.
    Club claims that she didn't sign anything and she was just horrible (That's true. She is horrible player :D) but she wants money and she claims she signed contract with Wisła.
    Now, Novgorodchenko (Ukrainian setter) and Klimovich (MB from Belarus) are not allowed to play in Wisła.

• To be honest: Italy and even more Turkey are paradises for their own countrywomen players, because there are strict limitations, how many foreigners can be hired at all and even how many can be playing at the same time. In Germany there are no such limitations, one of the reasons is, we have not enough players of our own. So only few strong teams have more German then foreign players: namely Schwerin (8 from 12, just 4 foreigners) and Potsdam stand out.

• Poland is also ok for local players ^^ 3 foreigners on court simulatenously :wavy: there were walk overs because of it during this season (case if player is local or not with Sobolska ^^ )

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You can watch GS - Vakifbank match in Ntvspor today! Remember that Turkey didn't change the time so it is 2 hour difference now with CET, meaning it will start at 15:30 (17:30 in local time).

• I thought that Vakifbank will play in their new hall.

• Congrats Vakifbank! GS had no chance today. Terrible decision by Ataman in the end to keep Nursevil in the match point, while she made 2 or 3 setting errors in a short period she stayed in the match.

Guldeniz-Leys duo didn't work at all. Last year they had great receiving and defence together but so far this year, it is terrible. Seda had to come in the game earlier, she was decent but then got aced 3-4 times in a row by Hill. The team showed nothing special. I don't know why Jack is serving standing floats while she served great jump serves earlier (I know she had many errors as well), now switching it completely. This is unfortunately the result when you play with two defensive OHs and your receiving stats still suck. I don't know how many times Guldeniz attacked against single block and couldn't kill the ball again. And how many times Kubra just hit around her block easily. The best line-up for GS is not with Guldeniz unfortunately, today's match showed. It must be, Gamze-Centoni, Leys-Seda, Jack-Asli. Ruseva is not making a very big contribution compared to Asli so I don't see the point for having on the court while Leys rarely hits in the block, commits errors or has troubles against single or no blocks; compared to Guldeniz.

Vakifbank showed that they are designed this year to win the league title. I think neither Eczacibasi nor Fenerbahce can defeat them in domestic league this season. They have thought of every situation, besides their only weakness Kubra is playing much better this season. They are serving great and Naz has so many good attacking options. I will be very very surprised if they lost a match in the league in the entire year :wavy:

• Galatasaray was worthless this match. I only liked setter Gamze and Nadia Centoni(She's so solid in Galatasaray) Their biggest problem has been about attack always but now receiving also doesn't work... Don't think they have much chance to be in F4 this year.

I'm not going to talk about VakifBank because they were flawless as usual. Btw it was funny when Hill kept aceing Seda and it just kept working.

Gamze is a perfect setter for Turkish NT, sadly Ferhat doesn't pick her. Gala looked so weak when Nursevil came in :/ and Gamze even outplayed Naz today imo

• Galatasaray was worthless this match. I only liked setter Gamze and Nadia Centoni(She's so solid in Galatasaray) Their biggest problem has been about attack always but now receiving also doesn't work... Don't think they have much chance to be in F4 this year.

I'm not going to talk about VakifBank because they were flawless as usual. Btw it was funny when Hill kept aceing Seda and it just kept working.

Gamze is a perfect setter for Turkish NT, sadly Ferhat doesn't pick her. Gala looked so weak when Nursevil came in :/ and Gamze even outplayed Naz today imo

Very correct criticism indeed. Gamze has to be in the NT but for that happening, Ferhat has to leave. Ferhat is an amateur and he deserves amateur players in his team, so he can use Nursevil as setter forever :whistle:

About Galatasaray's receiving, I think Guldeniz-Leys-Nihan trio are pretty decent receivers but we have to give the credit to Vakifbank servers here. I think everyone except Slöetjes served amazing which explains why Galatasaray had troubles. Rasic, Kubra, Naz and Hill did an amazing job in the service line.

About being in F4, so far GS played against two teams and remember that Bursa BB actually defeated Eczacibasi as well. The common point of Bursa BB and Vakifbank is, they are both very good serving teams. I expect GS to play a very different match against teams with less weapons in service line.

• I still think GS should play with two foreign MBs. Ruseva was not great for the short time she was in but I think they can play a game strategy like Uralochka which sets most of the balls to MBs. Jack was already playing that system and Ruseva could be quite scorer too.

• Thanks Meatball and Beri for the live links for the game. Gamze is good I really like her. Kubra looks like she is getting more confident as she plays. It will be nice to see her how she improves and reach the next Playing level.

• I'm curious about Guidetti's strategy. I notice he always removes Zhu Ting near the end of each set and then replace her with Kim Hill and/or other player. Anyone know what is his strategy? Also do somebody know why Hill is no anymore in the starting lineup?

• I'm curious about Guidetti's strategy. I notice he always removes Zhu Ting near the end of each set and then replace her with Kim Hill and/or other player. Anyone know what is his strategy? Also do somebody know why Hill is no anymore in the starting lineup?

He replaces Zhu only in the back line, so they can improve their reception.. Hill is not starting bacause of the foreign rule, Rasic, Zhu and Sloetjes are the foreigners on the court..