Turkish League 2016/2017

• Maja screaming is just pathetic. She finally gets a card.

• Not really... Boskovic scored one point out of five or six sideouts.

The second semi is much more exciting than the first overall.

• OMG MAJA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE :wall:
    So many wrong decisions on the end by her..... :whistle:

• What an exciting finish :white: For some reason I thought 3:1 takes Fenerbahce to the final so I wasn't aware there will be a golden set (I only checked scores) and when I came here and saw there is one I tuned in at 11:14 and then Fenerbahce won :white:

What I really really really don't like about this final....probably every match is going to be disturbed by the clubs' hooligans :down:

• What a GAME......... I don`t even know what to say.

The only good thing is, Vitra vs Vakifbank in the CL will be a war zone.

What a game EDA, this is what a WORLD CLASS middle blocker does. :box: :heart:

Damm Boskovic got blocked in the end, but still Barbolini should have started with her. Of course Neslihan had a fantastic game :heart: ....He wasted time starting with Adams which was very weak especially in the first set. Hande started really well, but then her level dropped. But that is ok, she`s only 18, and she needs games like this to grow. Same goes for Boskovic...

Kim Yeon did not have her best day. But in the end she showed why she is the best... I`m glad she got the chance to redeem herself. Polen :thumbdown: now I get why she`s never a starter, she`s just so slow and not smart with her spikes. Natalia :thumbup: she can play better but still she got her job done.

And what a Brave service run from Ezgi ...

• Maja was not gonna set to Busra or Ceylan and Fener, mainly Eda, knew that. Sadly Boskovic couldn't pass the double block and that's just the way it goes. Eda was simply brilliant in that set, she does some things that annoy me but she showed her class today

• I disagree. She went to Boskovic which was the best choice, Fernerbache block was great and she could not make it. Then she went for Larson and Adams and neither were able to get pass by their block....It was not Maja`s fault...... Fenerbache just outplayed them in that end.

OMG MAJA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE :wall:
    So many wrong decisions on the end by her..... :whistle:

• 13x7 then 14x10...to 14x16. I don't remember the last time I saw something like that in a decisive match

• 13x7 then 14x10...to 14x16. I don't remember the last time I saw something like that in a decisive match

USA and Italy in Rio Olympics semifinals?

Although the most significant I remember in women's was Brazil and Russia in Athens.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Who would of thought the top 2 teams on paper got knocked out of league finals and one will be relegated to CEV Cup. I blamed the coach for not playing his best player from the start and praised Fener for fighting to the end. Having the top best players wont necessarily make the best team and Fener proved that.

• USA and Italy in Rio Olympics semifinals?

Although the most significant I remember in women's was Brazil and Russia in Athens.

The most shocking was the semifinal match Brazil vs Russia in Athens. Fourth was 24-19, and the tie break was 13-10, then 14-16.
    And Greece vs USA in quaterfinals in Athens too. Fourth set was 19-11 for Greece, when they were leading 2-1. The americans won the tie break 17-15.
    It is more shocking when there are playing world class players :teach:

• The most shocking was the semifinal match Brazil vs Russia in Athens. Fourth was 24-19, and the tie break was 13-10, then 14-16.
    And Greece vs USA in quaterfinals in Athens too. Fourth set was 19-11 for Greece, when they were leading 2-1. The americans won the tie break 17-15.
    It is more shocking when there are playing world class players :teach:

Eda is having a great season! She has been so constant and dominant :white: I hope she won't make up injury excuses again for this summer :rolleyes:

I am happy to see both FB and GS on the final since these 2 teams were making a lot of investment but without any cups. On the other hand I also share same concerns with Matthias, there will be really ugly scenes because of all these holigans :down:

CEV should really consider giving a wild Card to the CL winner, it is gonna be ridicilous to see either Vakıfbank or Eczacıbaşı to play in CEV cup next year, it was already absurd to let POMI to play there this year. :aww:

• This may be a stupid question but is there any chance that not competing in the CL next year could weaken Vakif or Vitra from a sponsors/money point of view? I'd guess those teams have stable sponsorship deals, but could this make a difference? Also they will become less attractive to foreign star players, but if they still have massive budgets then I'm sure they could still tempt some of the world's best

• This may be a stupid question but is there any chance that not competing in the CL next year could weaken Vakif or Vitra from a sponsors/money point of view? I'd guess those teams have stable sponsorship deals, but could this make a difference? Also they will become less attractive to foreign star players, but if they still have massive budgets then I'm sure they could still tempt some of the world's best

I actually think that's a very good question and a valid concern. For at least one of those teams this season is going to be a total disaster, without a place in the Turkish league finals or the CL title; not to mention how awful it's going to be for the one that's left without the CL participation the next year! That's gotta raise some questions and sponsors will not be happy. I definitely expect some changes in the rosters and/or coaching staff.

• I actually think that's a very good question and a valid concern. For at least one of those teams this season is going to be a total disaster, without a place in the Turkish league finals or the CL title; not to mention how awful it's going to be for the one that's left without the CL participation the next year! That's gotta raise some questions and sponsors will not be happy. I definitely expect some changes in the rosters and/or coaching staff.

I like the question and many Turkish spectators asked the same thing today. I don't think this will happen though because both of these clubs are known with volleyball and they won't reduce investments heavily just because they will play in CEV cup. Besides, if they wanna win CEV cup and finish Turkish league in top 3 next season, they must keep investing. Look at the TL now, it's very competitive and who can guarantee that an Eczacibasi with a small investment will make it to even top 4 while other teams like Bursa BB etc are also building good teams.

I agree on Serdar and Mattias! The only thing that worries me and sucks about this finals is hooligans. We will see very ugly scenes, same story happening again and again unfortunately. That's why I would prefer Eczacibasi in the finals.

I also agree that CEV should really consider a special wildcard for the winner of CL. I also think that the winner of CEV cup should get a wildcard to play in CEV CL.

• Thanks for the replies guys :drink:

I agree with the wildcard idea as well, the CL needs to be more competitive from the beginning. I mean there were only 16 teams in it this year and everyone could have predicted 3 of the groups easily before the competition had even started. And then CEV even went and ruined the other group by appointing Conegliano to the F4

• OMG Eda Erdem is out of this world? She has like 3 back-to-back stuff blocks . And she gave no way for Boskovic - basically the best scoring machine in the League (other than Kim). You can see how demotivated Boskovic was when she was stuffed by Eda. She carried her team with her charisma. I am always skeptical when any team has middle blocker as their team captain because they are not always on the court, but Eda's charisma live through the team even when she is not on court. There's a bit change of feeling everytime she steps on court like you know things are gonna be okay. HAHA.

I have to say Neslihan will always be one of my favorite players. She performed well especially when they need her and her composure on court really makes her stand out as an amazing veteran Turkish player.

And Maja -- I like her. I was shocked when she was given the red card. You can see that her screaming was an act of the moment -- like an adrenaline rush that gets to her. And when she got carded, she was completely shocked, too.

Nootsara is kinda underrated here, imo. Of course when you have killers like Kim and Natalia who can kill high balls with ease, it is much easier. But Nootsara play amazing defense and has smart hands. I wish they will keep these trio Kim-Nootsara-Natalia for next season.

Overall it is a good week. First, Rexona is back on the run to the finals, and now Fenerbahce is through to the finals. Yeay!