Turkish League 2016/2017

• Before that happens, I suggest you to do a reality-check. if you can't stay objective and choose to be ignorant, keep your prejudice to yourself. Zhu has beaten up KYK in all international tournaments and she will do in the court of professional league soon.

Put KYK in Vakifbank and let's see what happens. Anyway Zhu Ting will never be at KYK's level, she is all about spiking. :whistle:

• KYK did win the CL first season she came and she was the MVP, and I said exactly she is 23 and a lot can change! Let´s see what she can do. KYK also was MVP in 2012 RIO with a worse team then what Zhu had in China. She was MVP even though her team wasn´t even in final, people really are underestimating KYK here I see. Go watch Kim´s matches in Olympics 12 and 16, Turkish league matches and everything. Zhu and Kim have a similar carreer so far but Kim is still going strong at 29 while we have yet to see what Zhu can do at that time. It´s imo stupid to compare them when Kim is clearly the better player and don´t come at me with stats again lol. KYK and Ezgi/Nootsara prefer to use Kim not that much against the weaker Turkish teams and let her other team mates play more, she is only there when necessary. That´s how good she is. Please don´t underestimate Kim Yeon Koung guys, she is so far the best volleyball player in the world from this era easily at least for me.

Zhu is not that far behind and she can be as Kim if she grows but imo Kim was better around her age then Zhu is now... But she´s only 23! She doesn´t have to be the best in the world and she already is in some people´s hearts so that´s great. And she was AMAZING at the Olympics of course.

Boskovic is already the best Opp in the world imo, she just needs a little more experience and boom, nothing that can stop her. 8)

No one says KYK performs badly and she is a good player, however, some people's infatuation about ranking her #1 is quite annoying in view of her lack luster performance in the Rio olympics and the recent play off matches. With that said, every one is entitled to their own opinion. there is really no point of arguing in the absence of objectivity

• No one says KYK performs badly and she is a good player, however, some people's infatuation about ranking her #1 is quite annoying in view of her lack luster performance in the Rio olympics and the recent play off matches. With that said, every one is entitled to their own opinion. there is really no point of arguing in the absence of objectivity

Is this a joke?!?

Every team would want a KYK in their teams.

It's not Kim's problem if she couldn't find solution for Korean "underperformance" in Rio Olympics. That's the coach problem.

Not all players are blessed with teammates who can help her when she's being blocked or digged. So why are we blaming Kim for not doing the impossible for Korea?

Volleyball is team sports. There's just a limit a lone superstar can do for his/her team. You should honestly reevaluate life. This is not Single's Tennis we're watching.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• out of all the discussions regarding kyk vs zhu the only one who makes sense is rains of castamare, she is right if a team wins you cannot put all the praise to kyk or zhu and likewise if a team loss you cannot put all the blame on kyk or zhu, the only thing you can argue is which one of them has more contributions to their team however even that is debatable since the strength of their teams arent the same.

• Guys, quick reminder that volleyball is a team sport. :roll:

Agree. For me, zhu and Kim are at same level at Turkish League.Kim is better at receive and serve. Zhu is better at spike and block. If we look at national level, it is Zero chance for KYK to beat Zhu because it is a team sport.

Vakifbank enters champions league final 4 of biggest match in europe at club level But fener is beaten by ecz vitra. Can we say zhu is better than Kim? NO, we can not. It is team sport.

• This debate about KYK and Zhu is pointless. Both are great players, that is all we can really say.

TVF have realeased the schedule for the 3rd place match and final (all times CEST):

Fenerbahce VS Galatasaray
    27/4 17:00
    29/4 15:00
    2/5 17:00

Vakifbank VS Eczacibasi
    28/4 17:00
    30/4 12:00

Looks like the final will be best of 3, which I think is a better system :thumbsup:

• As a GS supporter, I think Fenerbahce is a more difficult opponent to defend. In Vakifbank, you have Slöetjes and Zhu who could score. Naz has troubles to set to Lönneke when the receiving comes from zone 1, that's why GS serve there quite a lot. Although I love her a lot and see her as potential number 1 in the world, Zhu has limited attacking options. For example I haven't seen her attacking to parallel a single time. She often hits cross court and really hard and she uses her height very well.

On the other side, both Natalia and KYK have many different ways of attacking. They don't only hit cross court, but also to zone 4, to parallel or even more, they tip the ball time to time. Moreover, they are more active in defence which will make life really hard for GS attackers. The only way for GS to win these finals is to serve incredibly good, force FB to attack from zone 4 and either blocking them quite often or defending well. If FB receives well, I don't see any chance for GS to win even a set.

• By the way, there is a report on WoV, that Eczacibasi VitrA makes an unique offer to KYK to play for them next season. Despite they tell no details (yet?), knowing that KYK turned down an offer of 1.5 million Euro season salary by Guidettis VakifBank before start of this season, one can expect, that this offer is even higher and might be up to 2 million Euros. Currently she earns "just" 1.2 million Euro in Fenerbahce (put this into relation of total budgets for example of VBL Bundesliga teams of the best three, ranging from 1.0 to 1.6 million Euro :( ). Needless to say, that only the three top teams of this league can afford such salaries...

• Vitra doesn't need Kim. That's too ambitious for the amount of money they can earn. They just need a complimentary OH for Kosheleva and Larsonn. A Jaque or Paula or Lucia Bosetti or maybe a cheaper asian alternative maybe from Thailand or maybe Ishii or Koga from Japan. Honestly their lineup is just too good. They just have to be creative with it. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Why are the arenas in Turkey usually half empty? Not even for the semi-final Vitra vs Fenerbache the arena was full. How popular is volleyball in Turkey?.

You would probably see more people if it was Vitra vs Vakifbank and Galatarasay vs Fenerbahce in the semifinals.

Unfortunately... Hooliganism is strong for both Fener and Gala meaning a lot of fans from Vakifbank and Vitra probably didnt bother to come watch anymore since their teams are stronger on paper and they probably hate the hooligans to death. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• You would probably see more people if it was Vitra vs Vakifbank and Galatarasay vs Fenerbahce in the semifinals.

Unfortunately... Hooliganism is strong for both Fener and Gala meaning a lot of fans from Vakifbank and Vitra probably didnt bother to come watch anymore since their teams are stronger on paper and they probably hate the hooligans to death. :whistle:

The hooligans of both galatasary and fenerbahce finally have a chance to duel 5 times at the same stadium. :box:

• Just curious. The four teams (GS, Fenerb, Vitra and Vakif) are all from Istanbul. How come their fans are so diffrent? What I mean is their fans are all from the same city but how come those fans from Fenerb and GS are bunch of thugs, whereas fans from Vakif are bunch of kids with their parents and their musical band?

I will probably get stoned by the GS fans and by the Fenerb fans for saying this but I don't think GS and Fernerb both deserve their victory. What make them win is not because they have better players or better attitudes or better tactics than Vakif or Vitra. They won their match because their thugs disturb and intimidate their opponents.

• The major difference IMHO is, that VakifBank and Eczacibasi are both pure volleyball teams (or at least by far the strongest teams of the clubs). On the other hand, clubs like Fenerbahce (25 million members in Turkey overall! more than Istanbul has inhabitants), Galatasaray and Besiktas have very big SOCCER followerships, and these are creating the problems. Because Besiktas is not that good in volleyball as the four other Istanbul volleyball teams, it is not that important, but each club has totally fanatic followers, causing trouble especially when they play each other. So the final series Fenerbahce vs. Galatasaray will be a security issue because of fanatic soccer fans also attending these high-end volleyball events.