Turkish League 2016/2017

• I also think the same thing at first. But Guidetti didn't replace Zhu Ting during the middle of each set, even though she was in the back line, but only when the set is close to 20 points. I notice Guidetti use the same strategy for few matches now. It seems this works for him.

• During the 1st set of the Vakif-Galatasaray match, Ataman replaced Asli with Ruseva, while Leys and Centoni were both on court.. but Jack was also playing but she was on the bench at that moment, because the libero replaces her when back court.. So this means they can always play with Ruseva-Jack duo and also Lays and Centoni on court, as long as there aren't 4 foreigners on the court at the same time? (that can only happen when one of Ruseva/Jack serves)

• I still think GS should play with two foreign MBs. Ruseva was not great for the short time she was in but I think they can play a game strategy like Uralochka which sets most of the balls to MBs. Jack was already playing that system and Ruseva could be quite scorer too.

I love teams attacking mostly with centers and opposites and that was actually the key to GS success last year. However as long as Guldeniz keeps receiving like this, I don't really see the point of having such a strategy. She was the target of Vakifbank servers until Seda came in :down:

• He replaces Zhu only in the back line, so they can improve their reception.. Hill is not starting bacause of the foreign rule, Rasic, Zhu and Sloetjes are the foreigners on the court..

At the CWCH Hill was a starter but her reception was bad, and Sorsima took her spot in the startling line up including semi-final vs Vitra and Bronze Medal vs Volero. Sorsima has better reception.

Is not good Guidetti keeps replacing Zhu, he did that at the CWCH, he did same thing with Bujis last season, he kept taking her in and out all the time. A player looses focus and confidence with all this.

• I agree on Guidetti's bad habit. He's really destroying the team dynamism and the team cohesion. I also feel Guidetti is destroying Zhu's volleyball "instinct". She was a beast and a scorer machine during the world cup and the OG. But now, especially the last match, she looks very hesitant and she seems she also lost her magic "touch".

• Guidetti is doing a good job. No player loses focus when she knows that she had slightly bad receiving and her coach replaces her in the end of the set. As an example, look at Kosheleva's face everytime she is replaced, she always smiles and encourages her substitute, this is what profesionnalism is about and Zhu is young, I dont know if she has problem with that but if she does, she will learn not to. Look at Kim Hill yesterday, she came from bench and won the 3rd set for her team.

On the other hand, I agree about Zhu's attacking performance. But in yesterday's match, GS's strategy was to stop her, so they always set proper double block to her and Nihan digged her spikes very well. That was the reason why middles of Vakifbank had an easier time as well as Slöetjes attacking against single blocks several times.

• Guidetti knows what he is doing as a coach. He knows his players and he is not hampering team dynamics. Zhu does get tired and her play decreases. Guidetti has a good reason to pull her let her rest. Galax. was focused on her and when you bring another player off the bench, the other team has to question how they are going to play the new player on the floor. Zhu never shows much expression anyways.

• I'm not an expert, but the atmospher in OG was way more tense. Zhu was wanted dead or alive by other teams as well, but she was still able to make many kills and in every match. But Lang Ping trusts Guidetti, so I guess he's still a good coach. The reason why I'm curious about Guidetti strategy is because I was asking why Guidetti replaced Zhu Ting near the end of each set even though the team was not in trouble at all. For me It's like if it ain't broke, why fix it ? Anyway, probably Guidetti's logic was if my team is wining the set, I'll let my best players to have some rests for other matches.

• IMO He has been doing this to adapt his players with this kind of changes/situation.

• IMO He has been doing this to adapt his players with this kind of changes/situation.

This is exactly the answer of the earlier question. Against GS, they actually didn't need anything special to do but there will be matches in the future where they will need such changes and Guidetti is trying all the alternatives, showing his team that they should be ready for such changes.

• Maybe Zhu thought she could be like the KYK of VakifBank and that she would never be replaced even in hard times. But KYK really earned that role and confidence in Fenerbahce over years.

But anyway I don't even think this is the case. I don't think she minds being taken off in the end of the set to rest and give some time to other players.

• I think some of you got it wrong. We were talking about GUIDETTI and not ZHU.....nobody said or think Zhu is not happy when she is taken out, this is not hapenning
    We talked about that we don`t think that is a good idea coming from Guidett replacing her.
    Nothing to do with Zhu, but everything to do with Guidetti.

• Lol what hapenned to Meryem Boz? She was the best local scorer last season, just 5 point in a whole match is very meh for her :thumbdown:

I hope that Seramiksan stays in the league though. Their fan base is the best of the whole league. The whole hall is full there and they play traditional Turkish music it's amazing. Every team should be like them and they're the perfect example. So go Meryem Boz keep them in the league pls :')

• Lol what hapenned to Meryem Boz? She was the best local scorer last season, just 5 point in a whole match is very meh for her :thumbdown:

I hope that Seramiksan stays in the league though. Their fan base is the best of the whole league. The whole hall is full there and they play traditional Turkish music it's amazing. Every team should be like them and they're the perfect example. So go Meryem Boz keep them in the league pls :')

They have a terrible team this season I think but they are lucky because Idmanocagi is having a big trouble to find sponsors and lost already Brinker. Besides, Nilufer is as bad as them when they lost Crncevic. Unfortunately these three teams are far from the rest of the teams in the league.

What I wondered about today's match was why didn't they play with Nikolova-Nizetich duo and instead kept Selime on the court constantly.

• No broadcast for Fenerbahce-Eczacibasi tomorrow .. What's wrong this season :thumbdown: ???