Turkish League 2016/2017

• It would be very embarrasing for ecz if they get beaten by a bunch of vakif's backup players in 3rd set.

• Okay it is official Eczaci is in CEV Cup, they will surely try everything to get a wild card for Champions League but the chances must be low. First of all Büsra, Gözde, Nilay should leave immediately. About foreigners, Boskovic will stay for sure, Thaisa has 1 more year with Eczaci and I guess Larson, too.
    Kosheleva should stay IMO, she can kill balls if she gets them really high, who else can be competitive against Zhu and Kim ? Adams can leave and they should transfer a good local MB. This was announced as the best squad ever. I'm not sure but I don't think they will keep so many foreigners in CEV cup and their main goal would be TL to qualify for 2019 CL.
    Gülden will maybe retire, Ecaczi will face many tasks.. If they will be in the CEV Cup they should concentrate on TL and therefore have good local players.

By the way, Larson is injured on her shoulder.

• Okay it is official Eczaci is in CEV Cup, they will surely try everything to get a wild card for Champions League but the chances must be low. First of all Büsra, Gözde, Nilay should leave immediately. About foreigners, Boskovic will stay for sure, Thaisa has 1 more year with Eczaci and I guess Larson, too.
    Kosheleva should stay IMO, she can kill balls if she gets them really high, who else can be competitive against Zhu and Kim ? Adams can leave and they should transfer a good local MB. This was announced as the best squad ever. I'm not sure but I don't think they will keep so many foreigners in CEV cup and their main goal would be TL to qualify for 2019 CL.
    Gülden will maybe retire, Ecaczi will face many tasks.. If they will be in the CEV Cup they should concentrate on TL and therefore have good local players.

The most important transfer for ECZ will be the new headcoach....Barbolini, Caprara...big names but no success...

It will be really difficult to find someone who can compete with Guidetti...

Someone said Ognjenovic has another year as well and that Thaisa might leave unless they make the CL. I think they should have no more than 4 foreigners and sign a good local MB and receiving OH. The problem with Kosheleva against Vakifbank is that she has to have the balls so high and this gives Vakif time to organise their block and their block is so good that Kosheleva can't pass it. To beat Vakif they need good reception too

• Not sure but Gaspari could be an option, he came at the middle of the season on the bench of Modena and succeed to qualify to the finals with that squad and having Feretti as the most predictable setter I've ever seen. Gaspari could be really an option he improved a lot that he shouldn't be underestimated. And If he will win the Italian League, Eczaci will for sure have an eye on him!

• Not sure but Gaspari could be an option, he came at the middle of the season on the bench of Modena and succeed to qualify to the finals with that squad and having Feretti as the most predictable setter I've ever seen. Gaspari could be really an option he improved a lot that he shouldn't be underestimated. And If he will win the Italian League, Eczaci will for sure have an eye on him!

I agree. Gaspari did a great job so far in Modena.

• Someone said Ognjenovic has another year as well and that Thaisa might leave unless they make the CL. I think they should have no more than 4 foreigners and sign a good local MB and receiving OH. The problem with Kosheleva against Vakifbank is that she has to have the balls so high and this gives Vakif time to organise their block and their block is so good that Kosheleva can't pass it. To beat Vakif they need good reception too

Yes but as you can see, Kosheleva is playing amazing today. She needs good tactics and therefore a good coach and she can kill any ball. If you have opponents with Kim or Zhu on their roster, you can't beat them without a powerful spiker. Zhu would be useless in Ecaczi with Barbolini, too.

He was good in Conegliano too.. This is the thing on this forum, a coach makes a success and he's the best and should be hired by the world's top teams, he fails in something and he's awful and its all his fault.. Same story was with Micelli in Eczacbasi, then in Atom; Caprara with Eczacibasi (when they won the CL), then in Pomi; Abondanza when they won the TL against Vakif, and when they started losing next seasons.. Same goes with players here

• He was good in Conegliano too.. This is the thing on this forum, a coach makes a success and he's the best and should be hired by the world's top teams, he fails in something and he's awful and its all his fault.. Same story was with Micelli in Eczacbasi, then in Atom; Caprara with Eczacibasi (when they won the CL), then in Pomi; Abondanza when they won the TL against Vakif, and when they started losing next seasons.. Same goes with players here

Yes, I know what you mean. But I was never against any other coaches than Micelli and Barbolini. Barbolini is known being a coach with no plan B. Even in the Turkish NT, no succeed! Eczaci should also give a feeling to a coach that they are behind him. Look at Vakif, a few years ago Vakif failed everything in this season, Guidetti said in an interview he was ready to leave but Vakif didn't let him go and said we want successes with you for the next seasons, look what happened now? It is also not good for a coach knowing that you can be fired if you lose a cup. Pressure kills everything.

• Yes, I know what you mean. But I was never against any other coaches than Micelli and Barbolini. Barbolini is known being a coach with no plan B. Even in the Turkish NT, no succeed! Eczaci should also give a feeling to a coach that they are behind him. Look at Vakif, a few years ago Vakif failed everything in this season, Guidetti said in an interview he was ready to leave but Vakif didn't let him go and said we want successes with you for the next seasons, look what happened now? It is also not good for a coach knowing that you can be fired if you lose a cup. Pressure kills everything.

My post wasn't for you in particular, but many members here do that thing..whether talking about players or coaches

• I don't think Barbolini is an idiot or a terrible coach, the success he has had proves he is not IMO. He is a man who has no idea how to make this Eczacibasi team beat Vakifbank. He may well go on to have more great success with other teams but he was clearly the wrong man for the job here. I have to add, he wasn't helped by the dreadful transfer policy also

• Local Middle blocker in Ecz vitra gives almost zero pressure to Zhuting(13 points in two sets with 80% successful spike rate) and Slotejes(10 points/two sets with 63% successful spike rate). It is highest spike successful rate that Zhu ting gets this entire season!!! It is impossible for ecz vitra to win when both zhuting and slotejest are on fire!!! :teach:

• I agrre that Eczacıbaşı should stop changing their coach every year with the trainer who got Italian championship :S Vakıfbank's best move was keeping Guidetti after they got eliminated against Galatasaray at quarterfinals years ago. With this wrong transfer policy, there is not many coaches who can win against so strong Vakıfbank. Barbolini is one of the best coach after Guidetti and Lang Ping, I hope she would stay and Eczacıbaşı would kick their manager out instead of Barbolini. :whistle:

• I guess the BIGGEST mistake Eczaci made was firing Caprara. He GAVE the team the most wanted cup they always wanted: Champions League!!! And after that, only he failed to qualify for the F4, they kicked him out! Maye he couldn't win the TL League but Eczaci was 3rd and still qualified for the CL. But he was the one who won the CL title which Eczaci always wanted so many years and only one mistake: not to qualify for F4 was the end for him. I mean 1 season before he won the CL and one season after he was fired because he couldnt qualify for the F4, which shows that the fact winning CL was not that important for the Eczaci head, which is in case very very sad. Maybe the other BIG mistake was kicking Esra Gümüs out, she was needed this season.. especially in reception.

• Looking at the performance of Ecz, they actually didn't lose too many matches (but almost all to Vakif Bank). As good as Lang Ping for the Chinese NT, her team lost almost every match against the US NT in the Rio cycle (in the important tournaments). We cannot judge a coach by looking at his/her teams' performance against a specific opponent. That is not fair to him. Back to the match that Ecz got qualified to the F4 (when Thaisa was injured), he was doing a nice piece of coaching.

• Looking at the performance of Ecz, they actually didn't lose too many matches (but almost all to Vakif Bank). As good as Lang Ping for the Chinese NT, her team lost almost every match against the US NT in the Rio cycle (in the important tournaments). We cannot judge a coach by looking at his/her teams' performance against a specific opponent. That is not fair to him. Back to the match that Ecz got qualified to the F4 (when Thaisa was injured), he was doing a nice piece of coaching.

I agree with this in a way. It was the players' fault they lost to Fenerbahce in the TL playoffs as well, you can't blame Barbolini for missing 4 match points. If they had just beaten them they would probably have won the TL and nobody could really complain about Barbolini.

The problem is they have lost 7 straight matches to Vakifbank, the last 5 of which were easy wins for VB. It's not so much about losing to such a great team that VB is but the actual performances in the matches have been pathetic. Other teams like FB and GS have actually stepped up and challenged Vakif but ECZ simply can't compete with them for some reason.

It won't happen in the next cycle I think :box:

• I guess the BIGGEST mistake Eczaci made was firing Caprara. He GAVE the team the most wanted cup they always wanted: Champions League!!! And after that, only he failed to qualify for the F4, they kicked him out! Maye he couldn't win the TL League but Eczaci was 3rd and still qualified for the CL. But he was the one who won the CL title which Eczaci always wanted so many years and only one mistake: not to qualify for F4 was the end for him. I mean 1 season before he won the CL and one season after he was fired because he couldnt qualify for the F4, which shows that the fact winning CL was not that important for the Eczaci head, which is in case very very sad. Maybe the other BIG mistake was kicking Esra Gümüs out, she was needed this season.. especially in reception.

I was also quite surprised with not keeping Esra but after watching her terrible performance in Sarıyer Belediyesi, I wished she would have retired from volleyball. At least we could have remember her as a great player :whistle:

• The problem with Vitra is simply balance.

Having only Larson as your most able passing-hitter is not gonna cut it. You need atleast two to survive these days.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney