Turkish League 2016/2017

• So there will be no way to watch Ecz-Fb?

voleybol.tv should have a terrible camer view :wavy: Hopefully this federation will soon be gone.

The main sponsor Vestel has big ambitions about volleyball and recently claimed that they want volleyball to be broadcasted like NBA and they dont only want more spectaters but more people playing volleyball as well :super:

• like NBA? At least here in the US, The season started and only starting on DEC 25 there will be NBA on ABC which is the national/free/open channel.. And there will be only 1 on saturday and 1 on sunday .

And on the cable channels like TNT, ESPN, they show only 1 or 2 games a week. And they only show the big teams games mostly.

The games are shown only on local channels, for example I live in Portland home of the Trail Blazzers, so I can watch all but ONLY Trail Blazzers games. Which sucks because Im not a big fan of them, I like the Denver Nugets, and when I want to watch them I need to watch online just like I watch volleyball.

On American TV there`s even more soccer games than NBA on tv, the cable channels on weekend shows a lot of the European Soccer, like Champions League, Bunsdeliga, Italian, Spanish etc etc.

But in the US Basketball is only the 3rd most popular sport, but is basically tied with Ice Hockey for the 3rd spot. And Soccer is gaining a lot of popularity ( which sucks). Where I live there`s a soccer team Portland TImbers, and they are more popular than the Trail Blazzers. Some socccer matches of the American Soccer league is having like 60 thousand people.

And the Europeans Soccer teams goes to USA/CHina/Australia to play friendly matches,called the International Cup and last year and this year a game in Michigan ( I think it was Real Madrid vs Chelsea ) drew 108 thousand people on the stadium/

• But as far as I know people pay for access to all NBA games or highlights. I don't follow NBA but I know 2 of my friends pay for online access to NBA games.

• I think one reason they talked about NBA was because it is broadcasted in a professional way. The sponsor said something like "whenever a player scores in NBA, you see a bar pops up on the side of the screen, giving information about the player". I think they want the league to be broadcasted by knowledgable announcers and with such quality features. Not sure how many matches they want to be broadcasted but I assume it is more than 2, otherwise NTVspor and D-smart could broadcast one match per week like they did last year.

• Meanwhile, Ecz is leading 1-0 in sets against Fenerbahce. Kosheleva, Larson, Boskovic are 3 starting foreigners, plus Thaisa at bench. Typical Barbolini. IMO, Ognjenovic and Larson are the two players one has to have definitely on court. You have similar local players to Kosheleva, you also have 3 potential opposites who can replace Boskovic. It's a huge gap between how Ognjenovic makes a team play and Nilay does, former shines her spikers while the later relies on her spiker's performance.

• Meanwhile, Ecz is leading 1-0 in sets against Fenerbahce. Kosheleva, Larson, Boskovic are 3 starting foreigners, plus Thaisa at bench. Typical Barbolini. IMO, Ognjenovic and Larson are the two players one has to have definitely on court. You have similar local players to Kosheleva, you also have 3 potential opposites who can replace Boskovic. It's a huge gap between how Ognjenovic makes a team play and Nilay does, former shines her spikers while the later relies on her spiker's performance.

I think that's a smart choice of players against Fenerbahce.. They have only solid MB which attacks mostly slides, so Thaisa is not needed for Ecz.. they might need her blocking to stop Kim and Natalia, so it's smart to have her on the bench.. Larson must be on court to pass, and Kosheleva and Boskovic will take care of the attack.. Nilay can't be compared to Maja I agree, but both Kosheleva and Boskovic don't need perfect sets, and Nilay is not that bad..

• But as far as I know people pay for access to all NBA games or highlights. I don't follow NBA but I know 2 of my friends pay for online access to NBA games.

Yes, but that is just what the Italian League does/have also. I wish all leagues had it.
    But all the NBA games end up being broadcast live on youtube for free anyways, so why pay for it? :lol:

Another solid performance by Boskovic :heart:, also KIm and Natalia seams to be a great duo already :box:

• I was at the FB-Ecz match and Nootsara Tomkom is so disappointing to me. Give me back Skorupa pls :( Dont know why FB needed another short setter anyway. Skorupa made a lot of big mistakes, but she finally seemed to have figured her teammates near the end of the season and then she leaves. Nootsara doesn't have a good connection with any player really except for KYK (But that's not so hard) and she tries Natalia a lot. FB is dead except for that, she NEVER tries any other player. There only is a 'team' when Turkish setter Ezgi Dilik comes in sometimes because she does try other players. I mean ok Natalia and KYK are from another level but to set 95% to them is too much. I can even see other players get discouraged because of that :( :thumbdown: I fully agree now with Meatballs that Fener has made some terrible transfers this season.

Btw what hapenned to Meliha Ismailoglu. I can see why she's was not even picked in a young team for Turkey this summer as she's playing really bad. Last week she played a full match against Besiktas and managed to only kill 3 balls. Bye bye NT for her I guess...

• Skorupa is a kind of player who likes playing middles and she is never using one or two spikers. She can play super-fast but she needs more time with a team to play like this. In Poland (her latest years), Polish NT, Italy and Rabita she was excellent, she did a lot for Pomi to win the title. She is (for me) really close to Ognjenovic in terms of game style. So I think in Cogneliano she will be ready in months or two.

At the other hand, Nootsara was poor with Rabita so I don't think she can play non-Asian style.

• It's great that someone watched the match live Beri. I could not watch how Tomkom is performing so far but she had a very colorful gamestyle with the Thailand NT. I won't be surprised if Abbondanza is actually telling her where to set majority of balls, while I agree that it is boring to watch a match where only Natalia and KYK get sets. I think Fenerbahce needs one more scorer MB, yesterday Tomkom tried Dicle in attacking more than usual and I don't think Dicle is a solid attacker. I can see that Abbondanza is trying to solve the receiving problem of Fenerbahce with Melis Yilmaz as libero but yesterday she made 8 receiving errors :white: Is Merve Dalbeler injured? I won't be surprised if Fenerbahce has hard times against other good serving teams, especially Bursa BB and Vakifbank. About Meliha, I lost my hope of her last season already, I'm more hopeful about Seyma Ercan. Hope they will get more time to play otherwise NT will remain as a dream.

Btw, I did not like Skorupa last year because she reminded of Lo Bianco, very slow tempo but precise sets with good technique. If Abbondanza wants such a slow tempo game with mainly attacking from zone 4, he should have invested in a Russian setter because setters like Tomkom are not good for this kind of purposes. It's only the beginning of season, so lets see how teams develop during the next weeks. To me, the match between Vakifbank-Eczacibasi in three weeks is the milestone, because I think Vakifbank will dominate the league this season. That match will hopefully prove I am wrong.

• I think nootsara is ok but not great with fenebahce now. I saw when she try to use middle blockers a lot as she can do but if MB cant scores, coach seems to be unhappy. And i think it is his stategy to set the balls to those who can score which are KYK and Natalia.
    But the main problem is passing of fenebahce is so bad. Anyways hope they will solve this main problem soon

One more thing , nootsara was playing great in rabita. Nootsara and skorupa were in the same team and during final 4, skorupa's performance was so bad, nootsara was the main setter after that. And she got the best setter award in cev champion league.

Btw for me in turkish league, vakif bank can win the title eazily.

• People have been critisized too much Fenerbahce. Natália and Kim seems world class hitters there are Seyma Ercan as a good receber and two Turkish players who can play as opposite. Nootsara main problema is height. Because the other Turkish setter its even shorter.

I m ok with Fenerbahce performance. A new setter needs time and i m sure that they can be a nightmare tô vakifbank. Who in my opinion its better overall most in setter/opp position.

• People have been critisized too much Fenerbahce. Natália and Kim seems world class hitters there are Seyma Ercan as a good receber and two Turkish players who can play as opposite. Nootsara main problema is height. Because the other Turkish setter its even shorter.

I m ok with Fenerbahce performance. A new setter needs time and i m sure that they can be a nightmare tô vakifbank. Who in my opinion its better overall most in setter/opp position.

That all depends what you expect from Fenerbahce. They have been very strong both in Champions league and won Turkish league last year. I don't expect this to happen this year. Coming back to Vakifbank, that team serving like insane. Galatasaray had troubles to receive against them with 2 defensive OHs, plus an experienced libero. I don't know if they can keep serving like that, but if they do, Fenerbahce will sure have a hard time. Tomkom being short is not a huge deal, the problem is, why do you transfer her if you will only attack from zone 4? Any setter can do that. Polen is not performing great but she is irreplacable as opposite right now so they have to get her back. In general, Abbondanza's transfer policy is like buying a shiny shirt and a swimming shorts because they both look good.

• Fenerbahce won Turkish league in last season against the odds. Natália is way better than Lúcia. They are not superb this year. But Vakifbank and ECZ just put this season a dream team in another level. Never i see the Turkish teams só strong. Só Fenerbahce seems ok tô me. They have his chances. But for sure Vakif and eczacibazi are favourite. If Fenerbahce had hired some top MB for sure i Will assume that this this year the team its better than last year.

• Fenerbahce won Turkish league in last season against the odds. Natália is way better than Lúcia. They are not superb this year. But Vakifbank and ECZ just put this season a dream team in another level. Never i see the Turkish teams só strong. Só Fenerbahce seems ok tô me. They have his chances. But for sure Vakif and eczacibazi are favourite. If Fenerbahce had hired some top MB for sure i Will assume that this this year the team its better than last year.

Last season's winner was Vakif, not Fener

• Vakif won last season in the final four that happened this year.
    Fener won in the final four who was realized last year.

Edit it was a mistake that happened cause i wanted to ad the fact that the last season That Fenerbahce have won...