Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• That's weird but she was born in Ukraine. She has also croatian citizenship but she plays for Australian NT :D
    Btw, she also speaks polish very well.

• Kaisa Alanko from Finland is back in Bundesliga (two years ago she played for Wiesbaden), this time as second setter behind Denise Hanke for champion SSC Palmberg Schwerin.

• She was in Münster last season, so she wasn't out of Bundesliga.

And I'm not so sure about "second setter". I think Alanko has the potential to be first setter or at least to share playing time more or less equally with Hanke, I think she's a very good setter. Not spectacular, but very good in the basics.

• Kaisa Alanko from Finland is back in Bundesliga (two years ago she played for Wiesbaden), this time as second setter behind Denise Hanke for champion SSC Palmberg Schwerin.

If you write so much posts here you really should be more interested in other teams than Arrogance MTV Stuttgart... ^^
    Very amusing mistake!

• By the way, a newspaper from Münster hinted that Alanko wanted to stay, but the previous responsible Karen Zentgraf wasn't in favour of that. That was a lost opportunity for them, Hindriksen is surely a good solution but Alanko is better IMO.

Celin Stöhr (ex-Vilsbiburg, Wiesbaden, Köpenick) joins NawaRo Straubing in 2nd league. Apparently the club intends to return to 1st league in the long run, but next time they'll want to check their financial stability a bit better :whistle:

• Sorry, I searched wrongly for her Finnish name and didn't found therefore in last years rosters, and the original message also didn't mention she was in Münster before. It is not always easy to keep track of all of those players... but the forum can correct mistakes.

• After there was a question, how many players will be in the rosters, I present a non-official list per team, how many they had last season, how many have contracts at the moment and what is there supposed player number for this season - a number, which can easily change. And especially the federal academy teams (i.e. Dresden, Stuttgart, Schwerin) tend to list some more of those junior players primarily for European cups, where limits are higher as in the leagues. And sometimes players are finishing/leaving respective attending during season, so the last years roster size was not always constant in every case. Regarding Münster: this time they pulled some more youth players (may have to do with the danger of closing of their federal base?) into first league team.

Schwerin: (13) 10/12
    Stuttgart: (12-13) 12/12 (?)
    Dresden: (12-15) 11/13
    Wiesbaden: (12) 12/12
    Potsdam: (12) 10/12
    Vilsbiburg: (13) 8/12 (?)
    Münster: (11) 13/13
    Aachen: (11) 9/11 (?)
    Suhl: (11) 7/11 (?)
    Erfurt: (11) 3/11 (?)

• Schwerin managed to sign Luna Carocci as new libero. She's not very famous because she was never among the very best Italian liberos, but since Italy has so many great liberos that doesn't mean she's any bad. In fact I think she's probably one of the best options they could choose :thumbup:

• Schwerin managed to sign Luna Carocci as new libero. She's not very famous because she was never among the very best Italian liberos, but since Italy has so many great liberos that doesn't mean she's any bad. In fact I think she's probably one of the best options they could choose :thumbup:

She's by far one of the best passers among the italian liberos.
    She's "not very famous" because she didn't play as good as she can in Villa Cortese and Piacenza and didn't have any new chances to play for a top team. She didn't show her best, but to me she was still better than many other liberos.
    Just think about Flero (Montichiari) relegated keeping the italian base except Luna. Her passing makes a huge difference wherever she plays.

I find her way better than some overrated liberos like Sansonna or Leonardi (one of the weakest for my taste, terrible passer and always diving around the court because she can't find the right position; do you remember any compression digg just covering the right spot by her? I don't think so); both of them proved me right playing at international level simply terrible. She's very similiar to De Gennaro IMHO. To me the one and only libero clearly better than all the others is Sirressi (just remember her amazing CL final and think about De Gennaro's disaster game at the same point of the competition, against the same team). :teach:

• Yeah well, I should have expressed myself different: Carocci was never considered among the Italian top liberos by the NT coaches :whistle:

I also remember her as a very good player, that's why I wanted to point that just because she's not famous doesn't mean she's not very good.

• Actually she was called to replace Cardullo at the 2011 ECH, but she wasn't in the CEV list. Leonardi, the only libero left for the tournament, took her place and Barbolini let her play, but she didn't pass because she wasn't good enough. The OHs and the OPP took care of the passing and she stayed on court just as digger. :whistle: