Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• and here is an articel about the friendly games during the preperation of my favourite Team USC MS:
    Source, German

most of the Teams will be from the netherlands. the only games between opponents will be held in Schaffhausen against Erfurt (our 1st Opponent in league) and Aachen.

Maybe Suhl doesn't want to rely on 39 year old Lauerova to play through the whole season as only libero?

Suhl is one of the poorest teams in Germany. Why should they be able to have a second libera if the richer teams have only one libera. Only exceptions AFAIK are DSC and Rote Raben.

• Münster loses Hanna Orthmann who is bought out of her contract by Italian A1 team Monza, coached by ex-NT coach Luciano Pedulla. Probably he discovered her during his year with German NT in 2015. However I'm really surprised she takes this step so early :white: It's for sure an incredible opportunity to grow for her but it will probably be a hard season too, getting used to this level of play and training.

• Is she going to play as OH or Opp?

• Polish setter Klaudia Konieczna is rumored to play in Suhl.

Sounds well possible, Suhl hires largely foreigners for a long time (which will only cease in this extent, when rules will be changed likely for season 2019/2020) and a second setter is what they are searching for as last player.

• Due to a press release Schwerin is currently testing another (Serbian) OH and also searching a fourth middle, both together would bring their roster to 13 players. Also they confirmed, that Martenne Bettendorf will like the retired US fellow Ariel Turner-Gebhardt take both roles as OH and as opposite, whatever is needed in a certain situation.

• So far I know, at least the following kind and number of players are to be hired by teams:

Schwerin: one middle and one OH
    Vilsbiburg: one OH
    Potsdam: one OPP/OH (or for both)

The other 10 professional team rosters are either complete or may consider one more in some cases (tbc).

• StefanS, you should change positions in USC roster. Luisa Keller is clearly an opposite (left handed) and Lina Alsmeier is ouside hitter. Maybe also Lena Vedder should be listed as outside hitter.

• So far I know, at least the following kind and number of players are to be hired by teams:

Schwerin: one middle and one OH
    Vilsbiburg: one OH
    Potsdam: one OPP/OH (or for both)

The other 10 professional team rosters are either complete or may consider one more in some cases (tbc).

Schwerin has found their missing OH already with Jelena Oluic.

Potsdam still needs a 3rd middle and I don't think they'll sign another wing hitter.

Erfurt definitely needs another OH, I can't see them going into the season with Dinic, Grätz and as backup only junior players.

• Schwerin has found their missing OH already with Jelena Oluic.

Potsdam still needs a 3rd middle and I don't think they'll sign another wing hitter.

Erfurt definitely needs another OH, I can't see them going into the season with Dinic, Grätz and as backup only junior players.

I have added that Serbian player at Schwerin, from testing to hiring this worked pretty fast ;) .

Of course Potsdam needs another middle, sorry.

The final question is: can Erfurt financially afford another player? Because of changed regulations for them (unexpected) they have higher costs - and remember, that in reality no team will go down to second league because of being too feeble in comparison to the others (because of the lack of enough teams requiring a first league license with 10 currently in and at most two from below to request another first league license with 12 as planned number of members).

• Funnily Stuttgart played a test match in Burladingen (extreme Swabian countryside) against a local regional team (i.e. fourth league!) from there, and the last were happy only to lose one set in the one-digit area ( 8 ), despite Stuttgart lacked four nationals preparing for the European championships (NED: Stoltenborg, Daalderop, CZE: Mlejnková, SRB: Pusic).

There will be a friendly of Stuttgart against Wiesbaden in Herxheim (Südliche Weinstr., RLP), which lacks also some nationals at this time, at 7. September in the evening...

• Schwerin completes the roster of now 13 players like last season: the 26 year old Croation middle and national Beta Dumančić is the last player they hired so far. She played for Pila in Polish Orlen League and before that in Czech Extra league for Olomouc (Olmütz).

• Kind of breakthrough: 10 matches of the league round will be aired by German TV station Sport1 in free TV in this season - for the first time ever a non-regional TV station does so in Germany (only women's league, it seems, probably because it is more balanced and the ball can be easier seen as in men's league, aside from longer rallies).

I wonder, if there was no money paid to Sport1? Because usually the clubs and the league have to pay for getting streams produced and aired in Germany.

Anyway, a first analysis shows up considerable different coverage of the clubs:

Schwerin 7 times
    Dresden and Potsdam each 4 times
    Stuttgart three times
    Vilsbiburg and Wiesbaden once each

Because these six are supposed to be the strongest in this season, this could be justified (for example nobody would ever air matches with VCO Berlin :) ). Only the numbers seem not to be really balanced, I think.

Schedule:

http://www.volleyball-bundesli….page=0#a_180491_59721461