Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Believe me: Stuttgarts choice of international players with just two Germans is an extremely dangerous group even for Schwerin, if it works out well (new head coach) and no of the three major outside hitters get injured opposed to the last two seasons, they have a fair chance to dethrone Schwerin and become for the first time German champions (it would be not the first German championship for Stuttgart, because at begin of 90's CJD Feuerbach was three times in a row German champion, being a part of the City of Stuttgart).

I took a closer look at their roster and you're right, they can be quite dangerous with Daalderop/Sandor/Mlejnkova. Is van Daelen good enough, though?

• I took a closer look at their roster and you're right, they can be quite dangerous with Daalderop/Sandor/Mlejnkova. Is van Daelen good enough, though?

That's the question. IMO neither Van Daelen nor Perovic are up to the level of the rest of the team. I can see either Sandor or Daalderop playing some matches as OPP unless the "real" OPPs do a better job than I expect.

• Bogdana Anisova is no longer listed in Suhl's roster on VBL site. On the club's homepage she's still listed but she's the only player without photo. Also she was supposed to be #14 but judging from the latest photos on FB, that number goes to Bryda now. Any info anyone?

• That's the question. IMO neither Van Daelen nor Perovic are up to the level of the rest of the team. I can see either Sandor or Daalderop playing some matches as OPP unless the "real" OPPs do a better job than I expect.

Nikoleta Perovic' performance in European matches (there I could easily access the informations) looks promising, so her presence in testing matches did so far and the coaching stuff is convinced of her potential. So let us wait, how she performs in the league.

• Due to an article of tag24 the budget of Dresdner SC for this season is at least 1.56 and shall be finally as high as 1.65 million Euro. Knowing this, it is really hard to comprehend, why they didn't hire especially better outside hitters (this is the value they had/aimed for two years ago and higher than last season). If Stuttgart had this much of money available, we would construct a roster to easily beat both Schwerin and Dresden in the championship...

• Due to an article of tag24 the budget of Dresdner SC for this season is at least 1.56 and shall be finally as high as 1.65 million Euro. Knowing this, it is really hard to comprehend, why they didn't hire especially better outside hitters (this is the value they had/aimed for two years ago and higher than last season). If Stuttgart had this much of money available, we would construct a roster to easily beat both Schwerin and Dresden in the championship...

Actually this is probably budget overall not just for the players contracts. Chemik Police had budget of around 20 milion PLN (in Euros it is around 4.5 million euro) and still all they could afford as foreign stars was Bjelica & Veljkovic and next year Veljkovic, Montano and Havelkova so I assume it is not really that much as it looks on paper.

• Actually this is probably budget overall not just for the players contracts. Chemik Police had budget of around 20 milion PLN (in Euros it is around 4.5 million euro) and still all they could afford as foreign stars was Bjelica & Veljkovic and next year Veljkovic, Montano and Havelkova so I assume it is not really that much as it looks on paper.

This budget includes indeed the money available for federal base VCO Dresden too. This may be 100.000 Euro alone, to compare it on an equal base. In Stuttgart the 1.0 million Euro are without federal base money, this is about 50.000 Euro additionally. For Schwerin I'm not sure, if VCO Schwerin budget is included or not or how high it is, they give as (first league only?) budget a number of 1.3 million Euro. All other teams are well below 1 million Euro yearly budget.

And of course theses budgets contain everything else, like renting halls, paying costs on the road and so on.

• Late reinforcement for Stuttgart: Annie Cesar from Stuttgarts federal base beach and indoor volleyball got a contract for two years today as libero for this very and the following season (two years) - she did already well in the friendlies because of the absence of European Champion Teodora Pusc so far. She might play as receiver alongside with Pusic occasionally too.

• Bogdana Anisova is no longer listed in Suhl's roster on VBL site. On the club's homepage she's still listed but she's the only player without photo. Also she was supposed to be #14 but judging from the latest photos on FB, that number goes to Bryda now. Any info anyone?

My Info is she have no Visum for Germany at this time.

• My Info is she have no Visum for Germany at this time.

Officially confirmed now by the club, despite everything done correctly by the club and the player herself, German embassy in Kiev still hasn't provided her with a visa, so the club decided to resolve the contract. It's strange because last season she already played in Germany without any problems (at least without any public problems).

• I think it is again all about money. In Germany there is a weird regulation for non-EU foreigners, that you have to earn enough to pay a minimum of taxes and public fees. If you are below, you won't get a visum for the time required for a volleyball season. We witnessed this issue in Stuttgart some years ago, when we tried to hire a young Serbian prospect player, but due to the relatively low income she would have gotten, the city authority didn't allow her to stay here because of that law. And truth is, that Bogdana Anisova will have earned less in Suhl than in Münster, so I guess, there she was below the threshold mentioned. - When we now hired another Serbian player, Libero Teodora Pusic, here in Stuttgart, this was no issue, because she is paid relatively well...

• SchwerinerSC is optimistic for German SuperCup.
    Schweriner Volkszeitung

Don't forget a well done preparation of Stuttgart and that our team is as hot as Chili regarding such cup competitons. Three DVV cup wins and the first supercup also won pronounce this posture. So a very interesting and tough fight can be expected (I would be no way suprised, if it ends in tie-break again).

• Well, that was quick and rather dull...

Schwerin - Stuttgart 3:0 (17, 14, 18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/&1.pdf
    MVP: Louisa Lippmann

Stuttgart was a total mess, only Mlejnkova and Daalderop did an ok job. Perovic couldn't play due to an abdominal injury, van Daelen and Sandor were weak, Stoltenborg successfully defended her reputation and Pusic didn't defend anything :S
    As for Schwerin, they lined up as GER NT plus Szakmary, Barfield and Carocci. Lippmann and Szakmary gathered the points, Geerties and Carocci took care of the defensive work, the middles were quiet but solid and Hanke did her job very well. Schwerin showed that they're going to be the team to beat this season and that's going to be a damn hard job for every opponent when they play like today.

• Stoltenborg will always be a unstable factor...sure, she has some good matches, but during a whole season she is never a decent player.

She is good enough for Aachen..but I think Stuttgart will think again..