Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• In all four sets Münster had at least 22:19 lead...
    I think biggest advantage is the defense of Münster which is not noteable in these german stats.

In 2nd and 4th Münster had 21:13. And yes, their defense is very well organised, but IMO today the main difference was the experience of Thomsen, Hindriksen and Bathen. Wiesbaden's young players made too many mistakes and their would-be-leader Bednarova was nowhere to be seen helping them.

• I think Bathen should have been player of the day (good defense and 24 points) but Lisa Thomsen also made a good match!

• Erfurt - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (13:25 20:25 18:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2016.pdf
    MVP: Wivian Gadelha / Dayana Segovia

Aachen - VCO Berlin 3:0 (25:17 25:23 25:17)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2203.pdf
    MVP: Britt Bongaerts / Sindy Lenz

Suhl - Schwerin 0:3 (21:25 12:25 15:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2017.pdf
    MVP: Krista DeGeest / Louisa Lippmann

Münster - Wiesbaden 3:1 (27:29 25:23 25:23 25:23)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2019.pdf
    MVP: Lisa Thomsen / Irina Kemmsies

Tomorrow Münster-VCO and Aachen-Potsdam.

Schwerin rested Geerties and Barfield but had problems only in 1st set. Aachen and Vilsbiburg overall had no trouble. Münster-Wiesbaden was a great match to watch, both teams put up a great fight. Wiesbaden with great comebacks especially in 2nd and 4th set but too many crucial mistakes, for example Grozer serving out at 23:24 in 3rd set.

• Münster - VCO Berlin 3:0 (25:19 25:16 25:19)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2204.pdf
    MVP: Ines Bathen / Aisha Skinner
    Good entrance by Münster's 17 year old OH Lina Alsmeier with great serves and also some good attacks.

Aachen - Potsdam 3:2 (25:22 23:25 23:25 25:18 15:8 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2018.pdf
    MVP: Jelena Sunjic / Ivona Svobodnikova
    The changes at MB and OPP positions turned the game for Aachen IMO. Potsdam continues to disappoint, Dreblow and Cikiriz are easy prey for many servers and the MBs are completely invisible in attack.

Ranking:
    1 SSC Palmberg Schwerin 5 5 15:1 15
    2 USC Münster 5 4 12:5 12
    3 Dresdner SC 4 3 11:4 10
    4 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 3 3 9:2 9
    5 Ladies in Black Aachen 5 3 10:9 8
    6 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 4 2 8:6 6
    7 VC Wiesbaden 4 2 8:8 5
    8 SC Potsdam 4 1 6:11 3
    9 Schwarz-Weiß Erfurt 4 0 2:12 1
    10 VfB Suhl LOTTO Thüringen 4 0 1:12 0
    11 VCO Berlin 4 0 0:12 0

Dresden-Stuttgart on Wednesday as TV match.

• Before the start of the game, I expected Potsdam to win, because they have better players.

But, except Drpa, they played only mediocre.

For Aachen indeed the subs made the difference. Both Polder and Neuhaus were not bad, but Susic and Kalinovskaya made the diference eventually.

Aachen has the potential to be a threat to the topteams, but their problem is the lack of a good substitute OH. Oude Luttikhuis was terrible today, but she still played almost the whole match.

Bongaerts and Susic are clearly a good transfer. It's a pity they couldnt transfer a good substitute for Daalderop.

I think Aachen has a quite low budget, related to the most other teams, but this season I think they will become the surprise-team in the league!

• As already mentioned, the teams are (as in many other European leagues too) differently affected by the far too late European Championship, mainly depending of the number of NT players in their roster. The smaller teams usually have no or at least considerably less of them and had much better conditions to prepare with the whole team and not the issues of exhaustion of many NT players. So only the second half of the season will reveal the truth about the strengths of the teams, and Aachen is one of those having an advantage compared to the bigger teams.

• Before the start of the game, I expected Potsdam to win, because they have better players.

But, except Drpa, they played only mediocre.

I doubt if you know the meaning of the word mediocre.

• Tomorrow match Dresden vs. Stuttgart is IMHO impossible to predict - the results so far weren't conclusive, but at least in German language zone in Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) in can be viewed directly in free TV on Sport1 at 19 o'clock (CET). One question is, if Nikoleta Perovic can finally play for Stuttgart the first time in this season, i.e. if she overcame her injury and is already fit and ready to play.

• Well, if you think they played better than mediocre then I disagree. I think Potsdam played rather bad for most of the match against Aachen except for Drpa.

Well, if you think they played better than mediocre then I disagree. I think Potsdam played rather bad for most of the match against Aachen except for Drpa.

How does playing bad in a match makes a player completely mediocre?

• I have watched all Potsdam games so far. I don`t think they are a bad team or they are playing that bad, they just have not been playing great. Cikiriz must improve her reception, and Dreblow must improve even more. And Imoudu has not been great either, some of her sets are really low and close to the net, sometimes Drpa can`t even take a full jump swing.

• I have watched all Potsdam games so far. I don`t think they are a bad team or they are playing that bad, they just have not been playing great. Cikiriz must improve her reception, and Dreblow must improve even more. And Imoudu has not been great either, some of her sets are really low and close to the net, sometimes Drpa can`t even take a full jump swing.

I have watched all Potsdam games so far. I don`t think they are a bad team or they are playing that bad, they just have not been playing great. Cikiriz must improve her reception, and Dreblow must improve even more. And Imoudu has not been great either, some of her sets are really low and close to the net, sometimes Drpa can`t even take a full jump swing.

This is the kind of criticism and anylysis I expect from a volleyball fan who is versed in the game.

• Double-checking all posts, I don't see anyone calling a player mediocre overall. Flyingdutchman and me were explicitly refering to the players' performances against Aachen.

Maybe your understanding of english language is different from mine. For me "But, except Drpa, they played only mediocre" means except Drpa all other players are mediocre.

• Maybe your understanding of the english language is different from mine. For me "But, except Drpa, they played only mediocre" means except Drpa all other players are mediocre.

Good players can play mediocre and this does not make them mediocre. This was quite clear in Matthias's message :roll: