Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Interesting turn-around in second set: Dresden mostly in front, but after 18:16 Stuttgart went performing much better suddenly to 18:21 and finally won the set clearly. Now this affair promises to become really interesting :) .

• Why is Daalderop on the bench?

• Today is also first cup match in round of last sixteen. VT Printus Offenburg against Rote Raben Vilsbiburg.
    First set as expected 17:25 but second set won by Offenburg 25:13.

Vilsbiburg will most likely win this match but Offenburg have some talented players, I think...

• She played in WGP Final 6 China, more than 10.000 spectators..

• A disappointing end of match, because Stuttgart never arrived in the tie-break, but overall no bad match, despite both teams should perform more constantly. It is obvious, that the unavailability of Nikoleta Perovic is a disadvantage against the stronger teams, because she is more capable to kill the ball and giving no chance to the opponent than van Daelen. Anyway, to win a point in Dresden under really difficult circumstances (far too late European championship, certainly affected Stuttgart more than Dresden) is not too bad, and chances of Stuttgart for a really strong championship season are still present.

• A very bad performance by Red Raves Vislbiburg: it is embarassing to no end, to lose two sets (one 25:13!) against amateurs of second league. Remember, that there is an huge difference in level between the highly professional first and the pure amateur second league in every regard, the second league is far from exercising professional (at most three times a week compared to the first league, where two times a day is usual). One is tempted to fine them with money for this really bad match :wall: .

• Dresden - Stuttgart 3:2 (25:17 20:25 25:27 28:26 15:5)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2020.pdf
    MVP: Piia Korhonen / Deborah van Daelen

I couldn't watch the match so I can't comment, BUT: I am absolutely sure that Daalderop must have had some kind of physical problem, there is no other reason for her not to enter for even one single rally. The "she is 18 and it's hard to play in Dresden" theory is something I can't accept at all, especially when I see that Pia Kästner who is the same age and has far less experience (and talent, for that matter) than Daalderop got a good amount of playing time. If Stuttgart wants to win anything this season then Daalderop has to be on court, as simple as that.

• Dresden - Stuttgart 3:2 (25:17 20:25 25:27 28:26 15:5)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2020.pdf
    MVP: Piia Korhonen / Deborah van Daelen

I couldn't watch the match so I can't comment, BUT: I am absolutely sure that Daalderop must have had some kind of physical problem, there is no other reason for her not to enter for even one single rally. The "she is 18 and it's hard to play in Dresden" theory is something I can't accept at all, especially when I see that Pia Kästner who is the same age and has far less experience (and talent, for that matter) than Daalderop got a good amount of playing time. If Stuttgart wants to win anything this season then Daalderop has to be on court, as simple as that.

You are right, at least as substitute she would have played occasionally, but I read only today, that she has an knee injury (hopefully not of the worst possible kind, which would finish the season for her).

• Some progress in TV watching: at average 160,000 and at most 290,000 saw the match Dresden vs. Stuttgart yesterday on TV station Sport1. Of course, these are the two teams with the highest live spectator numbers in their halls... we will see, if this level can be kept. This match was long and offered enough tension also...

• League match:
    Fr, 10.11.17 18:00 VCO Berlin - Vilsbiburg - vbl.tv

1/8-Finals of DVV Cup

Mi, 08.11.17 19:30 Offenburg - Vilsbiburg 2:3 (17:25 25:13 25:23 21:25 11:15)
    Sa, 11.11.17 19:30 Straubing - Potsdam
    Sa, 11.11.17 19:00 Berlin - Dresden - vbl.tv
    Sa, 11.11.17 20:00 Bad Laer - Wiesbaden
    Sa, 11.11.17 16:00 Jena - Schwerin
    Sa, 11.11.17 19:30 Stuttgart - Aachen - vbl.tv
    Sa, 11.11.17 19:00 Suhl - Erfurt - vbl.tv
    So, 12.11.17 15:00 Stralsund - Münster

• No upsets in DVV cup round of the last 16. In a true mission impossible regional league (equals fourth league) amateurs of USV Vimodrom Jena lost badly (as expected) at home against champions and last time cup runners up SSC Palmberg Schwerin with -5, -13 and -9. So the pure first league duels in the quarters are:

Vilsbiburg vs. Schwerin
    Dresden vs. Potsdam
    Wiesbaden - Suhl
    (Münster) - Stuttgart

Münster has still to win in Stralsund, but because those are also second league amateurs, Münster is effectively host for Stuttgart already, although not yet formally.

Schwerin and Stuttgart are obviously the guest favourites in their matches, while Dresden and Wiesbaden are the host favourites. If Dresden serves well, nothing should happen to them against Potsdam because of Potsdams feeble reception.

Add-on: Potsdam lost a set in Straubing against that second league team, which is remarkable.

• DVV Cup 1/8 finals:

Straubing - Potsdam 1:3 (16:25 25:19 20:25 13:25)

Berlin - Dresden 0:3 (12:25 16:25 12:25)

Bad Laer - Wiesbaden 0:3 (14:25 16:25 13:25)

Offenburg - Vilsbiburg 2:3 (17:25 25:13 25:23 21:25 11:15)

Jena - Schwerin 0:3 (5:25 13:25 9:25)

Stuttgart - Aachen 3:0 (25:20 26:24 25:16)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/8106.pdf

Suhl - Erfurt 3:1 (25:18 25:22 21:25 25:18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/8107.pdf

• Big drawback for Stuttgart, because we have currently three serious injuries: Nikoleta Perovic (belly muscle issue) will not be back soon, Nika Daalderop was visibly not moving symmetrically yesterday because of her knee injury and maybe the worst is Micheli Tomazela Pissinato, who is now using crutches to walk. So we have currently only one regular opposite, two to three outside hitters (Julia Schäfer is more like reserve, that's why Sandor and Mlejnková, who is visibly tired, play always currently) and two middles (US McCage and Potts). If this bad situation will not improve in near future, we will probably lose any chance to win the championship. Dual license player Lena Große Scharmann (1. and 2. league team) was not used at all yesterday, she is kind of reserve opposite only for emergency.

• Stralsund - Münster 0:3 (16:25 18:25 23:25)

MVP: Enning (last year in our 2nd league team)/ Hindriksen

Münster with some problems at the beginning of the 3rd set (Timeout 5:11). But they managed the game still in 3 sets... :cheesy: :win: :dance6: :drink: