Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• That's strange: like Stuttgart also Schwerin had match balls in fourth set, didn't use them and lost ultimately in tie-break. Of course home advantage in the full Margon hall of Dresden was a key ingredient and this advantage will be gone for Dresden in the second half of league round against both main contenders.

• TV numbers are here: yesterday 150,000 spectators at average watched Dresden vs. Schwerin, the second highest number so far (and by far exceeding again any men's match until now) after Dresden vs. Stuttgart with 160,000 a few weeks ago. It was aired in Sport1 directly after a world championship match of German handball women (0.56 million) and later in parallel there was also on free TV men's CL soccer with German clubs (5.55 million at public TV station ZDF, about 1 hour after beginning of this airing) . So a little influence by other sports both positively and negatively may be was involved yesterday.

Addition: peak number yesterday was 220,000 compared to 290,000 a few weeks ago when Stuttgart was there. We will see, how the numbers are, when the first matches are aired from beautiful SCHARRena in Stuttgart.

• Greta Szakmary

Who is she? It sounds like an hungarian name. Well, according to Google she's actually hungarian. Is she good? I expected something more than a stranger from a title contender, expecially when last season this team could bench someone like Ariel Turner.

A friend of mine told me Carocci is playing a great season so far, even if she has to pass tons of balls, that's why I asked.

• Who is she? It sounds like an hungarian name. Well, according to Google she's actually hungarian. Is she good? I expected something more than a stranger from a title contender, expecially when last season this team could bench someone like Ariel Turner.

A friend of mine told me Carocci is playing a great season so far, even if she has to pass tons of balls, that's why I asked.

Szakmary is an excellent attacker but has her weaknesses in passing. However the main reason why Carocci has to pass tons of balls is because Geerties is a far better receiver, so most teams avoid serving to Geerties and go to Carocci instead who tries to cover a bit of Szakmary too.

• Szakmary is an excellent attacker but has her weaknesses in passing. However the main reason why Carocci has to pass tons of balls is because is a far better receiver, so most teams avoid serving to Geerties and go to Carocci instead who tries to cover a bit of Szakmary too.

Thanks. I imagined it. I'm glad Luna is doing a good job for her team.

• Who is she? It sounds like an hungarian name. Well, according to Google she's actually hungarian. Is she good? I expected something more than a stranger from a title contender, expecially when last season this team could bench someone like Ariel Turner.

Yes, Szakmary is an Hungarian national player and one of their best outside hitters - and she is better in attacking than in receiving, i.e. vice versa as with Jennifer Geerties. That Schwerin lost finally in Dresden was not caused by bad attacking by her.

• Schwerin is down 0:2 at home against Münster :white:
    And Dresden narrowly escaped being taken to tie-break by Aachen.

And Stuttgart dropped again a set in Berlin against the VCO juniors, which I think of being embarassing. Should not happen to a top team.

• So Schwerin managed to win in tie-break against Münster, but their lost point can have consequences: if Stuttgart wins tomorrow in Potsdam with three points (3 to 4 sets), they would take over the lead in the table (same number of matches of the three top teams by the way, so it counts really). If Stuttgart wins in tie-break, they would stay closely behind Schwerin (only worse set ratio) but before Dresden, and only if they lose they would only be third after this match day. So this match Potsdam vs. Stuttgart tomorrow on Sunday is very important in every possible regard.

• Aachen - Dresden 1:3 (21:25 25:20 18:25 23:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2033.pdf
    MVP: McKenzie Adams / Sasa Planinsec
    Once again great stats for Dresden's MBs but horrible stats for their OHs. Aachen in 4th set from 14:21 to 23:22 but then Dresden had no mercy.

Erfurt - Suhl 1:3 (20:25 20:25 25:22 18:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2077.pdf
    MVP: An Saita / Krista DeGeest

Schwerin - Münster 3:2 (22:25 23:25 25:18 25:17 15:9)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2034.pdf
    MVP: Louisa Lippmann / Lisa Thomsen

Vilsbiburg - Wiesbaden 1:3 (25:16 23:25 12:25 23:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2035.pdf
    MVP: Jennifer Pettke / Kimberly Drewniok

VCO Berlin - Stuttgart 1:3 (15:25 25:21 15:25 20:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2208.pdf
    MVP: Gina Köppen / Michaela Mlejnkova

Tomorrow Potsdam-Stuttgart.