Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Mathias, do you think Carli made a bad job?

Today or in general? It's hard to judge from the outside, but at times he looks like he has given up on this team. Today they made so many amateurish mistakes and looked totally disorganised. For example, why do the setters give 18 balls to Lisa Gründing as MB when she just can't kill the ball? But then, the "all balls to Drpa" attempt in 2nd set didn't work either, Cikiriz is disastrous in all elements and Hölzig and Stautz aren't players who can carry a team.

In numbers:
    Potsdam - Stuttgart 0:3 (16. 14, 18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2031.pdf
    MVP: Anne Hölzig / Renata Sandor

Ranking:
    1 Stuttgart 8 7 23:7 22
    2 Schwerin 8 7 23:6 21
    3 Dresden 8 7 23:9 20
    4 Münster 8 5 17:12 16
    5 Aachen 8 5 17:12 14
    6 Wiesbaden 8 5 18:14 14
    7 Vilsbiburg 8 3 13:16 9
    8 Potsdam 7 2 10:18 6
    9 Suhl 8 2 8:20 6
    10 Erfurt 8 1 6:22 4
    11 VCO Berlin 9 0 5:27 0

• thx, Mathias. I didn't watch the game today. My opinion is, that Potsdam and Vilsbiburg make bad mistakes to their roosters. In Potsdam i think they have mentally problems. The Problem of Vislbiburg is their bad receiving. They can't get ther strong MB into the game.

• thx, Mathias. I didn't watch the game today. My opinion is, that Potsdam and Vilsbiburg make bad mistakes to their roosters. In Potsdam i think they have mentally problems. The Problem of Vislbiburg is their bad receiving. They can't get ther strong MB into the game.

For me the key is that Münster, Aachen and also Wiesbaden are teams that have a "character", something that Vilsbiburg and Potsdam are lacking. It's hard to explain but I think it becomes obvious while watching.

• For me the key is that Münster, Aachen and also Wiesbaden are teams that have a "character", something that Vilsbiburg and Potsdam are lacking. It's hard to explain but I think it becomes obvious while watching.

Münster, Aachen and Wiesbaden -> Kosheleva :super:

Vilsbiburg and Potsdam -> Goncharova :|

• It was indeed unexpected easy for Stuttgart today to pull all three points in Potsdam and to take the top of the table before Schwerin and Dresden. Because we can be pretty sure to get another three points at home from the out-of-shape Vislbiburg, the big match in Schwerin on second German Christmas holiday (Tuesday the 26. December) aired on TV station Sport1 will be very interesting. This time I will be viewing it (for the first time) life in the Palmberg hall, which is an enourmous voyage for German measures (roundabout 750 km).

Both teams will be angry: Schwerin for losing the lead to Stuttgart and Stuttgart for the desastrous defeat in supercup at the beginning of the season. A lot of tension is guaranteed...

• And I guess this will never happen, the soccer club Alemannia Aachen and its financial crisis affected the volleyclub as well.

Since the bankruptcy of Alemania Aachen the club PTSV is the carrier of Aachens Ladies in Black. But for sure, they lack a lot of money to participate in European Cups, currently only the four teams with more than 1 million Euro budget can afford it (Dresden, Schwerin, Stuttgart, Vilsbiburg) and even those didn't do what they were eligible to: Schwerin downgraded from CL pool stage qualification to CEV cup, Stuttgart avoided CL qualification and plays also CEV cup and the qualified Dresden too, Vilsbiburg didn't use a free slot as in the past years... Participation in European cups is truely expensive for Bundesliga teams. And even Wiesbaden avoided participation because of not getting additional money for it by their sponsors.

• As far as I know Ladies in Black belongs to PTSV 1925 Aachen.

Edit: StefanS was faster than me. ^^

Ladies in black Aachen belonged to Alemannia Aachen until the season 2012/13. After that they moved to PTSV and got the official new name „Ladies in black“. I knew those times very well, it was advertised in the whole city and on our busses.

• It was indeed unexpected easy for Stuttgart today to pull all three points in Potsdam and to take the top of the table before Schwerin and Dresden. Because we can be pretty sure to get another three points at home from the out-of-shape Vislbiburg, the big match in Schwerin on second German Christmas holiday (Tuesday the 26. December) aired on TV station Sport1 will be very interesting. This time I will be viewing it (for the first time) life in the Palmberg hall, which is an enourmous voyage for German measures (roundabout 750 km).

Both teams will be angry: Schwerin for losing the lead to Stuttgart and Stuttgart for the desastrous defeat in supercup at the beginning of the season. A lot of tension is guaranteed...

You're in Schwerin on 26? Well, we drink a beer or a coke :-)