Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• in which hall should they play... :whistle:

First of all they should gain a spot in a CEV tournement, afterwards we can look for a hall. If you know Aachen, there are halls available.

I know Aachen, but I don't know any hall fitting the requirements of first german volleyball league. Which hall do you mean :S :?:

• I know Aachen, but I don't know any hall fitting the requirements of first german volleyball league. Which hall do you mean :S :?:

last year they played their quarterfinal in Maaseik, Belgium. Also this year they should played in Maaseik, i think. An alternative is also the hall in Düren (1st league men team)

• ... currently only the four teams with more than 1 million Euro budget can afford it (Dresden, Schwerin, Stuttgart, Vilsbiburg) and even those didn't do what they were eligible to...

Can you tell me the numbers of USC Münster and the other teams? (and yeah, it is not enough to play european cups, you are right).

• Can you tell me the numbers of USC Münster and the other teams? (and yeah, it is not enough to play european cups, you are right).

Only a few and roughly, maybe some others know better?

Potsdam 600.000 €

Wiesbaden 800.000 €

Münster 700.000 €

Suhl 500.000 €

Erfurt 600.000 €

Aachen: no idea, but for sure not much more than 600.000 €

• There is not a specific hall in Aachen to play these tournements but there is the ''Eissport- und Eventhalle'' (Ice Sport and Event hall) next to the Soccer Clubs Stadium. They could easily turn it into a Volleyball hall.

Do you Guys know Superfly? It is an activity park but really nice a different type of Volleyball, This park is really big and maybe they can make a Volleyball hall for those important matches.

Other options would be like mentioned before: halls in Belgium or Netherlands, it is really close, like 1 foot step from Aachen. Düren could also fit.

Here is the link for superfly, it is worth coming to Aachen and trying. (In case you don't know it and it is also in your city.) https://aachen.superfly.de/trampolinhalle/

• For your match (USC Münster) tomorrow against Suhl their will be support from 2nd team (RL, 4th league). Theresa Mersmann (27) will sit on the bench after 8 years of not playing in first league. In the last years during the indoor seasons she played in 2nd league and in the summer beach-volleyball...

Source

• ;( ;( ;( She was such a nice revelation in her first season as pro player. Münster is really unlucky this season :S

Yes, this is a major drawback for Münster, in Suhl it will work out without her, I think, but against stronger opponents they will miss her very much.

• Yes, this is a major drawback for Münster, in Suhl it will work out without her, I think, but against stronger opponents they will miss her very much.

Or, when she is completely fit again, Luisa Keller will get her chances, gains experience and will benefit from this situation as Lina Alsmeier is just doing now. Or Nadja Schaus will still be good enough to fight for fourth place...

Unfortunately Stuttgart is not giving much time on court to talents, although all teams behind Stuttgart, Schwerin and Dresden are sooooo weaaaaak.

• Unfortunately Stuttgart is not giving much time on court to talents, although all teams behind Stuttgart, Schwerin and Dresden are sooooo weaaaaak.

I see you read that ridiculous article too. Just because Stuttgart, who undoubtedly is in great shape right now, had one very easy win over Potsdam, who undoubtedly is in very bad shape right now, they are moaning about the bad level of the league apart from the top 3 teams. Apparently they missed Münster taking Schwerin to tie-break and Aachen causing a lot of trouble to Dresden and so on. I can't wait to see Karma striking back at Stuttgart :box:

Anyway, today's result:

Suhl - Münster 1:3 (15:25 24:26 27:25 20:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2042.pdf
    MVP: Miloslava Lauerova / Lina Alsmeier
    17 year old OH Lina Alsmeier with 20 pts despite having to do more than half of her team's receptions :super: I hope she stays healthy, meets many good coaches and makes good decisions, then she can have a great career :!:

• StefanS, you should change positions in USC roster. Luisa Keller is clearly an opposite (left handed) and Lina Alsmeier is ouside hitter.

Hi StefanS,
    after you have ignored my wish four month ago, perhaps you can change the positions of these players now on first page of this thread?
    And Nadja Schaus is missing. I think she is Opp (maybe MB)... thanks!

• I see you read that ridiculous article too. Just because Stuttgart, who undoubtedly is in great shape right now, had one very easy win over Potsdam, who undoubtedly is in very bad shape right now, they are moaning about the bad level of the league apart from the top 3 teams. Apparently they missed Münster taking Schwerin to tie-break and Aachen causing a lot of trouble to Dresden and so on. I can't wait to see Karma striking back at Stuttgart :box:

Yeah I have read it. But ok, not all "messages" are wrong. VBL definitely should find a league sponsor soon and I really don't like Evers. So Irion is not the biggest problem... ^^

• Hi StefanS,
    after you have ignored my wish four month ago, perhaps you can change the positions of these players now on first page of this thread?
    And Nadja Schaus is missing. I think she is Opp (maybe MB)... thanks!

Ok the years of birth are also wrong. Keller 2001, Alsmeier 2000 and Hoenhorst 1997, Lohuis 1996...

• Yeah I have read it. But ok, not all "messages" are wrong. VBL definitely should find a league sponsor soon and I really don't like Evers. So Irion is not the biggest problem... ^^

This article is for sure exaggerated and it was written by a non-expert of the newpaper, who is only occasionally writing volleyball articles. For sure is, that Potsdam and Vilsbiburg are disappointing, while Münster is much better than expected by the most (including me) and Aachen manages to play on a decent level too, partly due to the very little changes in team, which eased up the short season preparation. I think Stuttgart had a very good match plan in Potsdam, the will to do better than last season there and executed especially the exploitation of the vulnerabilities of Potsdam very well, so the hosts never got really into the match.

• By the way, if we can get even higher with the budget the gap to the majority of teams in VBL regarding Stuttgart will increase of course. So our sports director Kim Renkema hopes for a budget of about 2 million Euro in not too far away future, which would even pose a problem to Dresden and Schwerin, not to mention the other teams. This would not do good for the league, but only enable Stuttgart playing CL in a half-reasonable manner. But budget is not all, as you can see currently in Poland too, where Chemik Police is struggling despite having the by far highest budget there. And currently Dresden would be number one due to money, but they aren't (third as expected by me).

• Ok the years of birth are also wrong. Keller 2001, Alsmeier 2000 and Hoenhorst 1997, Lohuis 1996...

I did some corrections due to official website of USC Münster now. Birth dates were hard to find in hiring phase before season, so I could be off one year and was obviously. The positions of players are as on the official websites now, I'm for sure not more clever than the club is :) - if there are differences to reality, please tell them.

• On Saturday finally our primary opposite Nikoleta Perovic (Montenegro) will play for the first time publicly for Allianz MTV Stuttgart. Aside from injury of middle Micheli Tomazela Pissinato (BRA) all players will be available for the home match against Vilsbiburg (especially all three US middles).