Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Potsdam's disaster now goes as far as Carli complaining to press about the wrong attitude of his players both in training and in matches, that they give up after one bad action and nobody is ready to put up a fight. He says he will change some things, whatever that is supposed to mean...

• Yea I think I'll have to agree with him, when I watched I didn't see any bit of fighting spirit. Kind of looked like they didn't bother to even try to win after losing a close first set. Really amateuristic some points they lost in 2nd set especially. Like I don't know her name but one OH barely jumped unlike in set 1 which shows she can do it if she wants, she was almost standing still while hitting the ball :aww:

Definitely some change will help them, they need a leader-like player with lots of energy to help pump the team up :D

• Erfurt - Dresden 0:3 (12:25 15:25 12:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2041.pdf
    MVP: Erika Mercado / Madi Bugg

Aachen - Wiesbaden 3:0 (25:17 25:10 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2017-18/Women/2043.pdf
    MVP: Britt Bongaerts (7 aces, 3 blocks) / Simona Kosova
    Amazing performance by Aachen :super: Wiesbaden never gave up but Aachen served them out of the hall and was superior in all other elements too.

Ranking after half of regular season (Potsdam and VCO Berlin miss one match):
    1 Dresdner SC 10 9 29:9 26
    2 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 10 8 26:10 25
    3 SSC Palmberg Schwerin 10 8 27:9 24
    4 USC Münster 10 6 22:16 20
    5 Ladies in Black Aachen 10 7 23:14 19
    6 VC Wiesbaden 10 6 21:18 17
    7 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 10 4 16:19 12
    8 SC Potsdam 9 3 13:21 9
    9 VfB Suhl LOTTO Thüringen 10 2 9:26 6
    10 Schwarz-Weiß Erfurt 10 1 6:28 4
    11 VCO Berlin 9 0 5:27 0

So for the 2nd half Dresden, Stuttgart and Schwerin will fight for 1st place, Münster, Aachen and Wiesbaden for 4th place and the rest of the teams will try to do as good as possible.

• Some late TV impressions information: again 150,000 at average watched at Sport1 the league match Schwerin vs. Stuttgart, which means tied second place with Dresden vs. Schwerin, still no. 1 with 160,000 remains Dresden vs. Stuttgart. So this means no way sensationally, that the top 3 against each other deliver the best numbers at TV...

• (Potsdam and VCO Berlin have one match less, but not all players played all matches anyway so the stats wouldn't change much)

Best scorer:
    1. Piia Korhonen (Dresden) 190
    2. Louisa Lippmann (Schwerin) 172
    3. Marta Drpa (Potsdam) 152
    4. Mckenzie Adams (Aachen) 149
    5. Molly McCage (Stuttgart) 136
    6. Ivana Vanjak (Münster) 133
    7. Dayana Segovia (Vilsbiburg) 131
    8. Erika Mercado (Erfurt) 126
    9. Kimberly Drewniok (Wiesbaden) 124
    10. Aisha Skinner (VCO Berlin) 117

Best server (total aces):
    1. Britt Bongaerts (Aachen) 29
    2. Laura Künzler (Vilsbiburg) 19
    3. Femke Stoltenborg (Stuttgart) 17
    4. Selma Hetmann (Wiesbaden) 16 (in 32 sets)
    4. Jeanine Stoeten (Aachen) 16 (in 33 sets)
    4. Piia Korhonen (Dresden) 16 (in 38 sets)
    7. Marta Drpa (Potsdam) 15 (in 34 sets)
    7. Mareike Hindriksen (Münster) 15 (in 38 sets)
    9. Eva Hodanova (Dresden) 14 (in 32 sets)
    9. Jennifer Geerties (Schwerin) 14 (in 32 sets)
    9. Andie Malloy (Suhl) 14 (in 35 sets)

Best spiker OH/OPP (at least 100 attempts):
    1. Mckenzie Adams (Aachen) 45,8%
    2. Vanessa Agbortabi (VCO Berlin) 45,0%
    3. Louisa Lippmann (Schwerin) 44,9%
    4. Kimberly Drewniok (Wiesbaden) 43,3%
    5. Jelena Sunjic (Aachen) 41,6%
    6. Nika Daalderop (Stuttgart) 41,2%
    7. Ines Bathen (Münster) 40,8%
    8. Greta Szakmary (Schwerin) 40,7%
    9. Piia Korhonen (Dresden) 40,5%
    10. Renata Sandor (Stuttgart) 39,5%

Best spiker MB (at least 80 attempts):
    1. Sasa Planinsec (Dresden) 63,4%
    2. Ivana Mrdak (Dresden) 57,6%
    3. Lauren Barfield (Schwerin) 56,2%
    4. Tessa Polder (Aachen) 55,5%
    5. Barbara Wezorke (Dresden) 55,1%
    6. Krista DeGeest (Suhl) 53,1%
    7. Jennifer Pettke (Vilsbiburg) 50,4%
    8. Molly McCage (Stuttgart) 50,3%
    9. Simona Kosova (Wiesbaden) 48,6%
    10. Jeanine Stoeten (Aachen) 47,5%

Best blocker (total block points):
    1. Molly McCage (Stuttgart) 40
    2. Krista DeGeest (Suhl) 27
    3. Tessa Polder (Aachen) 23
    4. Wivian Gadelha (Erfurt) 21 (in 26 sets)
    4. Jeanine Stoeten (Aachen) 21 (in 33 sets)
    4. Leonie Schwertmann (Vilsbiburg) 21 (in 34 sets)
    7. Ivana Mrdak (Dresden) 20 (in 21 sets)
    7. Barbara Wezorke (Dresden) 20 (in 25 sets)
    7. Louisa Lippmann (Schwerin) 20 (in 34 sets)
    10. Sasa Planinsec (Dresden) 19 (in 29 sets)
    10. Emily Thater (Erfurt) 19 (in 30 sets)
    10. Dayana Segovia (Vilsbiburg) 19 (in 35 sets)

Best receiver (% pos. reception, at least 100 attempts):
    1. Lisa Thomsen (Münster) 63,0%
    2. Kirsten Knip (Aachen) 62,6%
    3. Mckenzie Adams (Aachen) 53,7%
    4. Lisa Stock (Wiesbaden) 51,8%
    5. Jennifer Geerties (Schwerin) 51,2%
    6. Myrthe Schoot (Dresden) 50,9%
    7. Anja Zdovc (Vilsbiburg) 50,5%
    8. Teodora Pusic (Stuttgart) 48,2%
    9. Renata Sandor (Stuttgart) 47,5%
    10. Jelena Oluic (Schwerin) 47,4%

• Adams has very good numbers considering she took a long break from volleyball. She finished her NCAA career in 2013 and played few months in PR in 2015 before signing with Aachen in 2016. She's improving a lot and unexpectly. :D

• IMO she's the best OH of the league considering her allround skills. However she's an untypical player, hitting VERY fast outside balls all the time. She had offers from many better clubs before the season but chose to stay in Aachen, but with her performance this season she'll get even more and even better offers. I hope she'll make good choices...

• As an Aachen-fan, I feel of course very proud of our players performing so well ...

Bongaerts and Polder are the biggest surprises, in my opinion. Last season Polder was nowhere...and now she has become a very athletic and strong player, both in attack and block. She reminds me of Yvon Beliën, who played for Aachen in the past.
    Bongaerts turnes out to be a great server and she is solid in other elements.

Adams is indeed a very complete player, who fits really well in Aachen's very fast game. Last summer she had already many offers, but because she feels so well in Aachen, she extended her contact. She is very good friends with Kirsten Knip and 2nd setter Lindsay Dowd.

Knip is playing a decent season so far, last year she was terrible, but I think she still can play better. She didn't reach the level of some matches she played in Dutch NT.

These 4 players are Aachen's core...in my opinion they should play every match. The others are decent, but with many ups and downs. Especially Oude Luttikhuis has a horrible season so far..I expected more from her, but she is still really struggling both in reception and attack.

In general: I think Aachen could end at 4th place this season, before play-offs...against top 3 their problem is the lack of a scoring-machine who can also score high balls...

• IMO she's the best OH of the league considering her allround skills. However she's an untypical player, hitting VERY fast outside balls all the time. She had offers from many better clubs before the season but chose to stay in Aachen, but with her performance this season she'll get even more and even better offers. I hope she'll make good choices...

As far as I know, you watch almost every match of the league, so do you think she can make it to USA NT? I have a feeling she could follow Bartsch's steps and make it to panamerican tournaments with the B Team.

• I don't watch that many matches, I also have a life :|
    But as far as I can judge I would like to see her being invited, even though USA has so many players and due to her break after NCAA there now are also many talented players younger than Adams. But then, performance should be more important than age...

• I don't watch that many matches, I also have a life :|
    But as far as I can judge I would like to see her being invited, even though USA has so many players and due to her break after NCAA there now are also many talented players younger than Adams. But then, performance should be more important than age...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. BTW, thanks for your answer. ^^