Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Well, there have been two teams on the same level, but only one can win in volleyball, so of course the winner needs some "luck".

I understand your frustration, but please don't make it sound as if Schwerin didn't deserve the win and got it only due to the referees.

• Of course I would welcome a video challenge system for such matches, but currently the clubs and the league can't afford those expensive systems financially - to buy it requires 150.000 Euro; and at DVV cup and supercup it is only there, because some sponsors paid the costs for those events.

• Would have Stuttgart won this match, when that service of Oluic were not have been decided as in (which is more than questionable)? We will never know, but that decision at that stage in tie-break gave Schwerin an huge advantage without any doubt.

Regarding block touch: this is the area, where I miss video challenge system the most; I'm pretty sure, that this is the kind of decision most often done wrong by referees, because even when sitting at the net it is extremely difficult to judge for balls with speeds of 80 km/h at least. I can only tell, that because of height differences of Lippmann, McCage and Perovic that discussed touch would have been much more likely, if McCage would have been, where Perovic was, but this proves of course nothing - it is only an useless probabilistic discussion.

And another consideration: because a service winner means a break, it is very problematic to decide a questionable service as good, much more as deciding out, what is only the result of a default side out win.

• Nika Daalderop suffers from an ankle injury, if she can play in the finals at all, is not yet clear, but prospects are not good, I think.

Ankle injury could take easily 2-3 weeks...(umgeknickt).

Without Daalderop's attacking power, it will be really hard for Stuttgart.

• Ankle injury could take easily 2-3 weeks...(umgeknickt).

Without Daalderop's attacking power, it will be really hard for Stuttgart.

At least the remaining two to three outside hitters can survive in good shape the final series opposed to the last three seasons now, but of course losing the strong "the currently best 2 out of 3 strong OHs" system collapses without her, which is a clear disadvantage for Stuttgart again.

• At least the remaining two to three outside hitters can survive in good shape the final series opposed to the last three seasons now, but of course losing the strong "the currently best 2 out of 3 strong OHs" system collapses without her, which is a clear disadvantage for Stuttgart again.

In my opinion, Sandor and Mlljenkova are quite the same type of player. Technically strong, fast, quite good reception, but not that strong in high balls. Daalderop is certainly weaker in reception and technically , but she has more power and is strong in high balls.
    During the season, the line-up was mostly Daalderop-Sandor or Daalderop-Mljenkova. I think for the reason I just mentioned.

• I could now watch that service of Oluic in the recording of yesterdays match on a big TV screen and it looked like we all saw it in the hall - definitely out, despite very close to the line, but the contact area of a ball is considerably smaller as its diameter. It's a pity, that some here don't believe it, a video challenge system would have delivered the proof of being out for sure.

• Nothing new in the league (shall I write about it at all? maybe not all read it yet): primarily for money reasons (as expected) the video challenge system isn't used in the playoffs, because the VBL can't pay it and the clubs also can't pay it; at least Stuttgart declined VBL's request for it, because it can easily create additional costs of roundabout 20.000 Euro for the team. For the very same reason neither Stuttgart nor Schwerin are currently willing to participate in CL (pool stage guaranteed!), because Stuttgart expects additional sponsor money of at least of 150.000 Euro to do so, lacking any sign, that a sponsor will deliver it the next few weeks, when the decision has to be made; while Schwerin calculates for additional costs of 70.000 to 120.000 Euro and doesn't want to pay this. What is really strange, this time dimensions of Palmberg hall were not given as reason by Schwerin, what sounds not honest to me, either the hall is not eligible or they have not enough money? Strange behaviour...

• Tomorrow in the evening (18:10 CEST): the second match of the final series, this time in Schwerins Palmberg hall. Live aired by Sport1 German TV station, but also on sportdeutschland.tv. One thing is for sure: Stuttgarts players will be really angry because of the unnecessary defeat at home and will make serious trouble for Schwerin, despite the injured players Daalderop and Pusic are still a disadvantage for them.

• Daalderop is important but i dont know much about Pusic..how important she is for Stuttgart ?

I can't give you things like numbers - Pusic is more experienced, despite this difference Annie Cesar did a rather good job in the first final. We have just to wait, what will happen...

• I think Pia Kästner plays better than Stoltenborg today (and also already in the 1st match), I hope the coach will have the guts to keep her on court :roll:

Annie Cesar is such an instinctively good digger! If she can improve her reception (which isn't bad either) she can be the next libero of German NT. To me she looks much more promising than Pogany/Stock/Dreblow and this was just her first season in Bundesliga.