Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• Surprisingly, Daalderop is today listed in the team roster on the electronic scoresheet. However I seriously doubt that she'll play...at least I hope they won't stubbornly risk her health :roll:

30 minutes to go...

I totally agree. I can't imagine she has already fully recovered..(an ankle-injury at least takes 2-3 weeks)...

She has a long summer with Dutch NT in front of her..

• Yesterday I read that the injury happened more than a week before the first final, so if it was just a minor injured she might be at least recovered to a point where she still feels some pain but isn't really limited by it...but still, I think they should be careful :!:

EDIT: Sandor and Mlejnkova are starting as expected.

• Yesterday I read that the injury happened more than a week before the first final, so if it was just a minor injured she might be at least recovered to a point where she still feels some pain but isn't really limited by it...but still, I think they should be careful :!:

EDIT: Sandor and Mlejnkova are starting as expected.

Could you give me the link to the article?

• Set 1 continues the story of the final series: two teams on almost the same level, but eventually Schwerin is a tiny bit stronger.

I was a bit angry to see Annie Cesar on bench and Pusic back to playing as only libero, but she has been performing well in 1st set. Also Van Daelen looks very motivated, but Schwerin is just more balanced. Geerties and Dumancic who usually are their weakest attackers have been very effective so far.

EDIT Dumancic 1/5 in 1st set...during watching I thought she was better :whistle: Maybe because the one block and one attack she scored both were spectacular :D

• And for now they're resurrected :D

McCage's blocking is incredible, she gets her hands up there all over and has the technique to not be block-outed but roof the balls straight down :obey:

The fact she will stay next season in Stuttgart is a little miracle. Hopefully Daalderop will stay as well.

• And now Stuttgart's bench players show why they are usually bench players: Schaefer shanks one pass after another, Kästner trying to do more than her hands are capable of, Perovic repeatedly hitting straight into Barfield's arms. At 1:2 and 11:16 it seems over...

• Congrats to Schwerin.

Schwerin was in the 2nd and 3rd game simply better, so a deserved champion! (What if...doesn't count -- > Daalderop).

• And the champion is once again SSC Palmberg Schwerin :cup:

This match and the final series as a whole didn't deserve to end with a service error :thumbdown:

Both teams fought bravely but eventually Schwerin had more quality in the team and deserves the title, though I think Stuttgart doesn't deserve to lose the final series 0:3. So 4th time in the final, 4th time silver for them...

• I'm really happy for Luna Carocci and sorry for MTV Stuttgart (expecially McCage, Tapp and Potts).

Eventually Luna has proven once more to be a very strong libero. No matter this league uses Mikasa, she still can pass very well and defend better than most of the italian liberos that just suck on the international stage because of the ball. :teach:

• Honestly, I don't think that Schwerin is the better team. You have to consider the preconditions:

Long time injuries respective decisive time injuries prevented Stuttgart from bringing it's potential to the final series. Stuttgart played a MUCH better league round than Schwerin (Schwerin was just third, even behind Dresden). Additionally the scandalous referee decisions at the tie-break in the first match in Stuttgart gave the final series a wrong direction from the beginning (didn't deserved by Schwerin). So bad luck was once again a major factor in the loss (fourth final series in a row), not lacking quality. The long-time injury of Nikoleta Perovic the first three months of the season prevented her getting a more reliable rhythm until the end of the season and Deborah van Daelen became obviously tired in the end, (nearly) always forced to play as opposite. And finally, when it was the most important time, the injuries of Pusic and Daalderop were fatal for Stuttgart, degrading the team performance consdiderably. To state it rather clear: Schwerin won against a weakened team of Stuttgart, not the team, which performed clearly better the most part of the season. IMHO there is no reason for Schwerin to be especially proud of this championship, because they won it against a weakened team, which had a lot of bad luck, while being more than lucky, to win the first match.

So I'm not disappointed by our team, but of having so much bad luck the third time in a row in the finals. Again one important OH was not usable due to injury. You may attribute it as fault of Stuttgart, of course, because it is clearly not supposed to happen in training a serious injury like that of Daalderop (collision with Paige Tapp). But this outcome happened just once in this season...

And finally: I'm sure, that it is true, that we will win the championship in the next years, as our manager Irion said after the match - Dresden and Schwerin will not be able to avert this. And only than they will begin to truely respect us (there was a clear lack of respect for our team in many statements of Scherin at last). For Schwerin and Dresden we are still newbies, who don't deserve to win anything, that is my impression.