Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2017/2018

• I'm quite suspicious about this foreigner limit in Germany. The reason that it is still a competitive league is that it has been used as a market for newly graduated American college or young Dutch players and some other "unknown" players to shine. Good German players are already playing as starter anyway. I really doubt that Bundesliga will be a competitive league after foreign player limit. :S

• I'm quite suspicious about this foreigner limit in Germany. The reason that it is still a competitive league is that it has been used as a market for newly graduated American college or young Dutch players and some other "unknown" players to shine. Good German players are already playing as starter anyway. I really doubt that Bundesliga will be a competitive league after foreign player limit. :S

I guess, they will be not able to demand more than two German players at any time with any team on court - even distribution of domestic players around the teams has to be more organized than due to the lack of enough competitive players. But let us wait a year, what the working group will propose.

• Teodora Pusic to MTV Stuttgart.
    MTV Stuttgart

That means, that Stuttgart completed its roster as second team after the extremely quick Wiesbaden, while Dresden still needs two more players and Schwerin is really far from completion, despite they have a good choice on some positions already.

It will be interesting, if Pusic will be in final WGP roster of Serbia, they have currently three libero position players in wide roster of 21 with her, while Popovic being No. 1 and OH Blagojevic not default libero.

• That means, that Stuttgart completed its roster as second team after the extremely quick Wiesbaden, while Dresden still needs two more players and Schwerin is really far from completion, despite they have a good choice on some positions already.

It will be interesting, if Pusic will be in final WGP roster of Serbia, they have currently three libero position players in wide roster of 21 with her, while Popovic being No. 1 and OH Blagojevic not default libero.

Are German rosters always with 12 players? No 4th MB and 2nd libero? :what:

• Are German rosters always with 12 players? No 4th MB and 2nd libero? :what:

It depends on the team's money. Dresden used to have 14 (or even more, depending on injuries) in the last years, Schwerin fills up with talents from their youth, but most teams have 12 at best. Aachen aims at 11 once again, that means either only 3 OHs or no backupp OPP; and I guess Suhl and Erfurt will also have 11 at best.

• Today league round schedules were published:

http://www.volleyball-bundesli…l#samsCmsComponent_226296

First matches are on 14.10.17 (after supercup Schwerin - Stuttgart on 8.10.17).

Because the last three years the top three established being Schwerin, Stuttgart and Dresden, I list here the key duels of those three, knowing, that especially Wiesbaden, Potsdam and Vilsbiburg may stun occasionally one of those first three:

04.11.17 Dresden - Stuttgart
    02.12.17 Dresden - Schwerin
    28.12.17 Schwerin - Stuttgart
    28.01.18 Stuttgart - Dresden
    10.02.18 Schwerin - Dresden
    10.03.18 Stuttgart - Schwerin (last league round matches)

Remember that the four quarter final playoffs (best of three) follow imediately after end of league round.

• German talents Lina Alsmeier (17yo since some days) and Luisa Keller (15yo until August) have signed a two years contract for first league with USC Münster. They have played for second team of USC Münster in last season and are part of youth NT ( U18 ).

One more player will sign with USC, I think...

• German talents Lina Alsmeier (17yo since some days) and Luisa Keller (15yo until August) have signed a two years contract for first league with USC Münster. They have played for second team of USC Münster in last season and are part of youth NT ( U18 ).

One more player will sign with USC, I think...

With this roster the USC will at best stay in first league, but is unlikely to get to the quarters, despite having a good setter (Hindriksen) they miss experience and reliability on nearly all positions. By the way, it is a miracle, why the VBL writes on its website, that the 10th team has to leave first and to go to second league, because they still want at most only one team of both second leagues to get into first league: with currently 10 professional teams, one less and two more (theoretically!) this would made 10 - 1 + 2 = 11 teams in first league the following season, i.e. less than 12, which is desired as number of professional teams - this is a clear contradiction, I think.

• MB Katarina Osadchuk (AUS/UKR/CRO) left ŁKS Łódź and will play somewhere in Germany.

• With this roster the USC will at best stay in first league, but is unlikely to get to the quarters, despite having a good setter (Hindriksen) they miss experience and reliability on nearly all positions. By the way, it is a miracle, why the VBL writes on its website, that the 10th team has to leave first and to go to second league, because they still want at most only one team of both second leagues to get into first league: with currently 10 professional teams, one less and two more (theoretically!) this would made 10 - 1 + 2 = 11 teams in first league the following season, i.e. less than 12, which is desired as number of professional teams - this is a clear contradiction, I think.

Lets say it in other words. Münster, Aachen, Erfurt and Suhl will fight for seventh place... but if one of these teams can make it tt top 6, then it is most likely Münster.