Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Zeng is better than Starcevic.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Pomi is in deep trouble if they keep it like this. Like, fighting to avoid relegation trouble. Nothing worked. Both Rondon and Cyr were horrible, although they weren't helped by the abysmal reception. Pavan's best days are very clearly behind her. Starčević was useless and way out of her depth there. The performance by Stevanović in the first two sets was probably the worst she's ever played, couldn't do anything right. She improved a bit in the third, but was still far from her usual level. Guerra had her moments, but she's still looking more like a sub than the first choice. Only Guiggi was decent, but nothing more.

On the other hand, Haak is seriously good! She has excellent ball control for her age, it was a pleasure to see her in action.

• Bosetti will start once she recovered.

Pavan has changed a lot. She used to be a scoring machine but beach volleyball changed her game since she mostly set to her partner.

Chunlei will need time to adapt. Her defense was pretty solid though.

Carlini has very good sets to the outsides. Her sets to Adenizia is also good, I only saw one miss set. Her connection with Arighetti needs to improve.

The season just started so every team will make its own adjustments.

• Busto Arsizio in the 2 two matches of the seaon showed a very solid organization.
    I recognize that the match of Saturday was quite easy one but after years in which the team wal built with nosense now the situation changed.
    Bartch is really amazing player. She is not so spectacular but she easily do whatever very well. Her serves are always difficult to receive, she hits porwefully and she can dig very well.
    Saturday Gennari seemed to be the one paying in Casalmaggiore few years ago... very balanced player with good defense and hits.
    The weak point as at now are the connections between Orro and the MBs. Studi and Berti are not receiving so many balls and when they receive are not so much precise.
    However I believe that Busto can compete for the 4th place in the ranking (Novara, Conegliano and Scandicci are really stronger than Busto).

• i think Conegliano has the best roster in Serie A1
    i thought Novara was better at the begginning of the league but now i think Conegliano is the most important candidate for the Italian league title..

• i think Conegliano has the best roster in Serie A1
    i thought Novara was better at the begginning of the league but now i think Conegliano is the most important candidate for the Italian league title..

I agree. But also Scandicci's roster is amazing, I think nobody expected Haak and Carlini to play so good already. And with De La Cruz and Adenizia they can really compete with Conegliano and Novara for the title. The winner will be the team which arrives in better shape, and with less injuries, at the playoff. I wouldn't exclude Casalmaggiore yet, with Lo Bianco, Pavan and Martinez in good shape and if Zeng integrates well they can be very dangerous in the second part of the season. But yes, Conegliano has the best roster no doubt.

• I agree. But also Scandicci's roster is amazing, I think nobody expected Haak and Carlini to play so good already. And with De La Cruz and Adenizia they can really compete with Conegliano and Novara for the title. The winner will be the team which arrives in better shape, and with less injuries, at the playoff. I wouldn't exclude Casalmaggiore yet, with Lo Bianco, Pavan and Martinez in good shape and if Zeng integrates well they can be very dangerous in the second part of the season. But yes, Conegliano has the best roster no doubt.

I did. And please don't kiss USA asses, our dear friend would be pissed off. USA players make the level worse wherever they go. :rolll:

• Scandicci might not have the best team but they definetly had the smartest strategy on the market with their limited budget. I hope they make it to the semifinals, at least. I think they will.

• 1.11.2017 17:00h SuperCup between Novara - Conegliano. Rai Sport will stream it.

Hope too see Samanta Fabris back in action :/

My God, Imoco have so many matches to play in so short time.

• I agree. But also Scandicci's roster is amazing, I think nobody expected Haak and Carlini to play so good already. And with De La Cruz and Adenizia they can really compete with Conegliano and Novara for the title. The winner will be the team which arrives in better shape, and with less injuries, at the playoff. I wouldn't exclude Casalmaggiore yet, with Lo Bianco, Pavan and Martinez in good shape and if Zeng integrates well they can be very dangerous in the second part of the season. But yes, Conegliano has the best roster no doubt.

i just with your post realized that Scandicci also is a good team..im not sure about Casalmaggiore ..Pavan is question mark and i dont like the concept of playing with 2 m tall OHs such as Martinez
    i havent had the opportunity to watch Haak ..we'll see how she can do when that team once reaches the playoffs

• i only watched the first 2 sets of scandicci x pomi. starcevic wasn't so bad, i mean, she wasn't any worse than guerra.

i didn't know this bianchini, i thought she was quite good. why isn't she in the NT? they really need good OH and her serve was deadly too.

haak is amazing, and she also passes/receives service in some rotations.

• Bianchini is quite good and yes she has a fantastic serve, but I don't think she's ever shown enough consistency to be in the NT. Last year she was at Modena and was mainly a bench player but she still made some great performances like in the semifinal first game vs Conegliano when she drove Modena to win almost by herself.

• Bianchini is a player who has played her best matches coming from the bench. I remember last season and also in some years before she had amazing performances replacing someone else during the match, but when she'd start in the next match she usually was much weaker and got taken out again. However I hope she can keep her starting position now, actually she was supposed to be backup OPP but maybe she can start over Bosetti as OH in the long run.

• i only watched the first 2 sets of scandicci x pomi. starcevic wasn't so bad, i mean, she wasn't any worse than guerra.

Guerra is better. At least her serve is a factor and she doesn't get blocked or spikes out half of the time. It's not by much, though, and ideally they should both be substitutes.

I've just seen Havelkova's stats... Horrible. I wonder if she's done as a top player.

In general I feel the league is not as balanced this season... The strong teams have (mostly) got stronger, while the weak teams are now weaker. But we'll see how it goes.

• I have to say I've been quite impressed by Scandicci: the team work, the chemistry is already fine. It is nust the beginning but they showed a nice volleyball. Carlini is setting good and Haak is hitting hard! I'd like to see the adrenalic Arrighetti of the past, hopefully they're on the right path. They just won two games but they showed that they want to be protagonists this season :super:

• I may sound a bit triumphant but I totally knew both Haak and Carlini would shine even from the beginning of the season, having watched them at least for 3-4 years it was pretty easy to predict it. It's miles wiser to discover talented youngsters and then train them to be better (from such a volleyball wasteland like Sweden and American colleges) than transferring superstars with a crazy amount of money, we already have seen the epic-fails several times :roll:
    Scandicci definitely has made clever and favorable transfers through the summer, having those two who aren't stars yet but have the potentials to be. I thought the absence of Meijners would be a big pain in the ass for the team but with signing De la Cruz, problem solidly solved. Haak seems to be having lots of fun playing in Italy (second year playing abroad) getting along well with her teammates, acclimating to playing a different volleyball and so on. I'm honestly happy to see a Swedish player play in the best league on the planet :heart:

• I may sound a bit triumphant but I totally knew both Haak and Carlini would shine even from the beginning of the season, having watched them at least for 3-4 years it was pretty easy to predict it. It's miles wiser to discover talented youngsters and then train them to be better (from such a volleyball wasteland like Sweden and American colleges) than transferring superstars with a crazy amount of money, we already have seen the epic-fails several times :roll:
    Scandicci definitely has made clever and favorable transfers through the summer, having those two who aren't stars yet but have the potentials to be. I thought the absence of Meijners would be a big pain in the ass for the team but with signing De la Cruz, problem solidly solved. Haak seems to be having lots of fun playing in Italy (second year playing abroad) getting along well with her teammates, acclimating to playing a different volleyball and so on. I'm honestly happy to see a Swedish player play in the best league on the planet :heart:

THIS! I expect Carlini to be starter in 2020 OGs since the very first time I saw her with the Wisconsin jersey.