Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Fabris will not play today for Imoco, but I don't know if she will play against Novara for SuperCup (1.11) hard to say if She is ready.. I think that Conegliano can't beat Noavara without her... They are missing one more strong attacker. Nicoletti is not on that level only if Bricio can push harder with her attacks than they will not miss her so much.

Yes yesterday Isabelle Haak was the best scorer for Scandicci with 18 points but her attack was not so effective as in first two matches (26/10 38%). And I was thinking this will happend sooner or later. She is "NEW" player for many teams, so first matches for her were "easy" because teams couldn't prepare for herso well but now situations is changing. Now She needs too show how good She is with her next performance and her performance against the strongest teams. She is huge talent but She needs to step up her game.

• Haak started the game rather slowly (like the entire Scandicci team, everyone had an awful first set), but improved as the match went on. She was again very good in the end. And what's really impressive is how few error she makes, considering how young she is and how many sets she gets.

Micha Hancock is so annoying her constant attempts to put the ball down, it doesn't work nearly as often as she'd like. And her setting skills aren't anything special. It must be so frustrating so have her on your team. She's a good server, though, I'll give her that.
    Another very poor performance by Havelkova.

• Haak started the game rather slowly (like the entire Scandicci team, everyone had an awful first set), but improved as the match went on. She was again very good in the end. And what's really impressive is how few error she makes, considering how young she is and how many sets she gets.

Micha Hancock is so annoying her constant attempts to put the ball down, it doesn't work nearly as often as she'd like. And her setting skills aren't anything special. It must be so frustrating so have her on your team. She's a good server, though, I'll give her that.
    Another very poor performance by Havelkova.

What impresses me most about Haak is her excellent ball control. She's not that great just because she's tall and she isn't exceptionally powerful either, but she has a great eye and can attack to every place in the court which makes it very hard for the opponent's defense to find the right position. Plus, she herself is a really good defender for someone her height and her age.

I agree about Hancock. I found it funny when in 4th set Pedulla told his attackers to spike high and long and not down into the block, but Hancock's sets most of the time didn't enable the attackers to spike at a high point.

• Martinez, Guggi, Guerra and Pavan all jump servers. :white:

Bergamo is not that bad, they will just upgrade as team when Sylla, Popovic and Malinova come back. Ofc they will not be super strong but not bad team afterall.

My God Imoco is fighting to not lose second set against Filottrano... Something is not working so well :whistle:

• Isabelle Haak acctually has not even been blocked one single time in the first three matches, which is very impressive considering the number of spiking attempts. In parallell, for example take Katarina Barun, she has been blocked a total of 11 times in her first three games. By the way, when Haak played in France I noticed a distinct pattern for her to be clearly better in terms of points produced and efficiacy while playing home than away. Maybe she is overtly restrained/hesitated and therefore careful to not miss. Perhaps she would be better off if she was a bit more aggressive when not playing at home. However its great to see she is producing this kind of numbers already in the beginning, she will be better off when she gets used to this type of level after a while. Everything is still very new for her at this stage. She expressed herself in swedish media how huge level difference it is between the french league and the italian one and that it takes some time to adjust to the new circumstances. By the way, her father died when she was only 14 years old so its great to see her accomplish successful things because of that, too. I guess his death functioned as a factor to go "all-in" on volleyball from an early stage, which otherwise is not standard for a girl from Sweden. Her father was also from France if I remember right (and the mother is from Sweden) which might explain why she picked volley over for example handball, a much more popular sport for tall girls in her country. Of course volleyball is much more rooted in France than in Sweden. Actually until only recently (like the beginning of 2017) the federation of France wanted to acquire Haak as a player to their NT and snatch her from Sweden because of this family bond, but it seems she has choosen Sweden for good now on national level.

• Acosta Roslandy is very good player, She has strong spike and can spike very good diagonal.
    edit: Happy to see Ema Strunjak improving every match. I watched her first match and She was so afraid and She was not spiking 100% at all, and today against Pomi She is showing better performance. With Malinova She will do better.

• I can be wrong, but I think I saw Haak receiving in the first set, and Monza scored a few aces on her and that`s why they lost the first set. Unless I`m mistaken her with Bianchini.
    Adenizia is kind like her godmother, she`s goes :dance6: every time Haak scores, and last weekend in the 3rd set Adenizia got to set 3 balls in a row for Haak and she scored all 3 times, and they went nuts celebrating.

Martinez is playing well, I really don`t want to see a lot of Starcevic anymore. And no Chunlei yet ??? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

@crovoley - Imoco is not playing that well today, but I think they played this past WED and they will play against this WED the Italian Cup.

And I also like Acosta, she`s very good. Does anyone when Malinov will play again? And Vow Popovic is not even listed for the game tonight, I hope she is ok ;(

I think the lights just went off in Bergamo.

• Popovic got injured.

Yeah Imoco is playing to much matches in so short time. They will play SuperCup in just 2 days, after that they have CL and again they need to play regular season in Seria A. That is super crazy

• i watched Haak a little on youtube..i should express that i was not impressed that much (maybe i should watch more vids from her) This may be because she seems to be a "slow" player or some users here talked so highly about her however found her(Haak) as a good talent and could be a very good players in the future..this is not a certain opinion about her!

• 3rd Round

Foppapedretti Bergamo - Pomì Casalmaggiore 1-3
    Acosta 17, Malagurski 14, Paggi 8 / Martinez 24 (57%), Stevanovic 14, Pavan 13

Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena - Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 2-3
    Barun 25, C.Bosetti 13, Heyrman 12 / Diouf 25, Stufi 18 (7 blocks), Bartsch 17

Il Bisonte Firenze - Igor Gorgonzola Novara 0-3
    Sorokaite 15, Santana 8, Tirozzi 5 / Egonu 22 (53%), Plak 10, Piccinini 9

Saugella Team Monza - Savino Del Bene Scandicci 1-3
    Ortolani 16, Dixon 9, Loda 8 / Haak 23, Bianchini 15, De La Cruz 9

Lardini Filottrano - Imoco Volley Conegliano 0-3
    Scuka 11, Tomsia 9, Melli 6 / Bricio 16 (50%), Folie 12, De Kruijf 11

Sab Volley Legnano - Mycicero Volley Pesaro 1-3
    Mingardi 21, Degradi 13, Newcombe 13 / Nizetich 17, Van Hecke 13, Bokan 12

STANDINGS
    Scandicci 9
    Conegliano 9
    Novara 8
    Busto Arsizio 6
    Modena 4
    Legnano 3
    Monza 3
    Firenze 3
    Pesaro 3
    Casalmaggiore 3
    Filottrano 3
    Bergamo 0

• Her mom is Swedish and dad is French. Last season she played in France, that was her first year playing outside of Sweden and it's obviously professional.
    She could have been playing for French NT if she wanted to, but she picked Sweden to play for.

• Samanta Fabris will be in today roster for Conegliano, but still it is unkown if She will play.

Can't wait for today SuperCup (17:00h, CET - live Rai1 Sport) :woohoo: